Chapter 7
709 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Grayfia learned about the new development from Narberal, she swiftly provided her with a short set of advice and a complete summary about Rias's usual routine, then she patted Narberal's shoulder a few times and teleported away using a teleportation circle.

Now left alone in the bedroom with its owner still asleep. Narberal quickly turned to the bed and stared at Rias.

"..."

As a clone of Madara, Narberal shares all of his memories and thus by extension all of Rias's too. Now that Grayfia reminded her about Rias's utterly ridiculous routine she immediately became enraged and thought that she would not allow such a powerful body to go to waste like that. But to do that, she will first need to get permission from Madara. After all, the original shares the same body as the devil.

"..."

After a quick mental communication she received a 'Do it.' permit.

As soon as she received the order, Narberal didn't waste any second as she immediately grabbed the side of the bed with one hand and then she easily flipped the whole thing over.

"Kyaaaa?!"

Since Rias was still asleep in the bed, she got thrown away and fell awkwardly to the floor.

"Wh-What happened?!"

Rias immediately stood back up as she looked around the room in panic. Her naked body is on full display.

"Brat, it's me"

Rias turned her head to the owner of the voice and furrowed her brows in confusion.

"You…? What are you doing here? Umm, where is Grayfia?"

When she noticed the maid, Rias dropped her guard a bit but then noticed the bed hanging helplessly from her hand.

"Eh? w-what are you doing?!"

Rias became alerted as she took a few steps back away from the silent Narberal.

She only managed to take two steps before a familiar voice sounded in her head.

<Calm down brat, that's my clone.>

When she heard Madara's voice, Rias's eyes widened.

"M-Madara?! Where have you been all this time?! Even though I called you so many times, why wouldn't you answer me?!"

<I couldn't, your brother was nearby.>

"Eh? Onii-sama?"

<...that man was closely monitoring us for almost two days now.>

"B-But I didn't see him at all!"

<Hmph, as if you can detect anything with your trash ability. Don't overestimate yourself brat.>

Rias flinched from the cold tone of Madara.

"B-But…"

When she was about to defend herself, Rias noticed the maid who casually placed her bed back to its place and started walking towards her closet. Madara swiftly answered her unspoken question.

<That maid over there is my clone, from now on she will become your personal maid.>

"C-Clone? Personal maid?"

<However, that will only be on the surface. As the clone will mostly follow my orders and will not be around you most of the time.>

As Madara explained to her, Rias watched the 'maid' blankly with her mouth wide open as the supposed clone of Madara opened her closet and took out a clean set of her clothes. The 'maid' then nodded to herself and suddenly threw them at her.

"Ah! What are you doing?!"

Rias quickly brought up her hands and catched the clothes before they hit her face. She then looked at them and found out that they were a blue jacket and skin tight black leggings. Definitely not casual clothes for indoor activity.

Rias suddenly had a VERY bad feeling about this.

"D-Don't tell me…"

<It's time for training brat.>

"Y-You're joking right?"

Rias paled considerably as she noticed the expression on the face of the 'maid' that was slowly walking towards her.

*Smirk*

In her nightmares, Rias has seen just a tiny glimpse of what kind of 'training' Madara was talking about. She even prayed to every God out there to never see the rest of it.

*Gulp* "M-Madara?"

Rias took a few steps back as she gulped in uncertainty.

"M-Madara-san?!"

And that was how Rias started her EXCLUSIVE training under none other than the legendary leader of the Uchiha clan Madara Uchiha himself.

Rias will later realize that this is the biggest pivotal moment in her life. One that will surely shake the entire underworld and perhaps even the other realms as well.

-------------------------------------------------

A few hours after Grafyia left Rias's room, Yuuto Kiba could be seen standing in the garden while holding a sword in his hand.

*Swing* *Swing* *Slash*

Yuuto is a handsome young man with short blond hair, blue eyes and a mole underneath his left eye. But all that was ruined as he currently had a deep frown in his face.

"Too slow!"

After he watched Rias's performance in the rating game, to say that Yuuto was surprised would be an understatement.

*Slash* *Slash*

As her Knight and as Rias Gremory's Sword, Yuuto felt utterly ashamed of himself.

'A Knight that is slower than his master is but a dead weight to his king.'

Those were the wise words of his sword mentor that Yuuto took very seriously to his heart. Yuuto took a stance and then using his entire strength he slashed horizontally as fast as he could.

"Haaa!"

His incredible swordsmanship together with his enhanced devil body produced a strong gust of wind that swept across the garden and then struck a tree leaving a huge mark in its trunk. It was a great display of skill that many knights high class devils could never hope to achieve.

*Grip*

But instead of that, Yuuto could only see just how far he was from reaching Rias's level.

"Damn it!"

Yuuto clearly remembers that moment, the shocking moment Rias slashed with her bare hand to behead Riser. Devils who rely on their magic might not have noticed. Or rather, at most they might only recognize the speed. The mere speed at which his King's slender arm moved.

"..."

But that was only an outcome, a natural outcome of the godly level of technique and an almost supernatural madness of refinement. The way her joints moved, the way her body shifted to the side, the way she positioned her center of gravity, the way she meticulously moved her spine, the fact that she controlled every single muscle fiber to generate the ultimate maximum of kinetic energy… As a swordsman, Yuuto could only marvel at such a terrifying display of skill.

Yuuto gritted his teeth as he kept swinging his sword like a madman.

*Swing* *Swing* *Swing*

He needed to get stronger, way stronger.

"Haaaaaah!"

Otherwise… at his current level... He wouldn't be able to face Rias anymore.

-------------------------------------------------

At the same time and in the capital of the Satan territory, commonly known as the capital of the underworld. Lilith.

"Hmm"

Sirzechs was sitting behind his desk as he was dealing with a huge number of papers that accumulated during the time he was watching over Rias.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Enter."

At that moment, someone knocked on the door and Sirzechs answered without moving his eyes from the paper in his hands.

"Excuse me."

The one who entered was Grayfia as she gracefully closed the door behind her and moved to stand silently beside her husband. Sirzechs stamped the paper he was holding before putting it to the side and picking a new one. After looking at it for a moment, he asked without looking at Grayfia.

"What's wrong, did something happen?"

"...it's about Rias."

The moment he heard his sister's name, Sirzechs squeezed the paper in his hand as he asked with a frown.

"What about Ria?"

Grayfia then explained what happened in the Gremory mansion and how Rias got a personal maid and everything.

"Sigh, you scared me. If that is all that happened, then I don't see what the problem is."

After hearing her explanation, Sirzechs sighed in relief and continued with his work.

"..."

"..."

Seeing his relaxed attitude, Grayfia furrowed her brows and said.

"Don't you think it's suspicious?"

"What is? The Gremory's management department?"

"Yes, for them to only now decide…"

Grayfia couldn't find the right words to finish her piece, but Sirzechs know what she means.

"..."

As the oldest son of the Gremory's family, Sirzechs was initially the original heir of the household, but because of his achievement in the civil war Sirzechs became the Satan Lucifer and the leader of the Four Great Satans.

Since he was now in the position of a ruler of the Underworld and the one who was in charge of Domestic Affairs in the entire Underworld, it became counterproductive for him to inherit the Gremory's name. So that responsibility naturally fell to his one and only sibling, Rias Gremory.

But his cute sister was simply not prepared for that position, she even once publicly announced her uninterest in the matter which caused no small amount of discontent and complaints in the Gremory's estate. Moreover, after he and Grayfia were blessed with their first child, the tension in the Gremory's territory suddenly increased as the attention shifted from Rias to his son Millicas Gremory. Proclaiming that as the son of the current Satan Lucifer, he should be the one to inherit the Gremory's household.

Of course, Sirzechs and his father rejected those demands immediately and used the engagement with the Phenex household as a card to hold Rias's position as the heir. The opposed party then has no choice but to gnash their thumbs because the Phenex Clan is also one of the remaining 32 Devil Clans of the 72 Pillars and holds the rank of Marquis.

And as being the brother of the next heir to the Phenex clan and a potential heir himself, Riser Phenex engagement with the heir of the Gremory Clan would benefit both clans greatly and the Pure-Blood Devils as a whole.

However, that card was just recently broken... Worse, by Rias herself.

So Sirzechs together with his father prepared to face the opposing party again, this time also using his authority as leader of the underworld to force them down. Even if that act would cause even more political trouble in the bigger picture.

But look and behold, the Gremory's clan actually decided to assign a personal maid and a guard to Rias. Clearly showing their intention in embracing her as the true heir.

Grafya was trying to say that the very fact that they're doing something like this instead of opposing definitely smells fishy.

Sirzechs put the paper down and massaged his eyes with a tired expression.

"Regardless of their motive, if they decided to increase the security around Ria then I'm all ears to accept it."

"That is… true, I guess."

"..."

The two then stayed silent for a few seconds before Grayfia broke the silence again.

"Oh, I forgot to mention. This morning Rias took Narberal with her and went to train in the forest."

Grayfia dropped a bomb casually as if nothing was strange about it.

Sirzechs stared blankly at his desk for a solid 10 seconds, before he blurted out.

"...what?"

-------------------------------------------------

"Pathetic"

Back in the Gremory's territory, in the forest west to the mansion. Where monsters and wild animals reside. Inside an opening in the thick forest, Rias was lying unconscious in the ground.

Her sport attire was tattered as blood was covering her entire body. Her left arm dislocated and her fingers were curved in a strange angle. Even her face was beaten to the point where you couldn't even recognize her anymore. Looking at Rias that was in such a horrible state, Narberal crossed her bloodied hands as she muttered in a cold tone.

"Weak… too weak… miserably weak…"

Rias skills were barely slightly above the Genin level. Even when disregarding her ninjutsu, genjutsu, senjutsu and considering her Magic instead. Her taijutsu level is truly laughable. Even with an evolved and stronger body after consuming that dragon's energy, in terms of skills she was as weak as an average kid back in the Hidden Villages.

"Speaking about magic…"

Narberal looked at her waist where a small portion of her maid dress was missing. That was the only damage Rias could do using her Power of Destruction. The bloodline trait of the Bael Clan that Rias inherited from her mother just like her older brother. A unique demonic power, which allows her to erase and disintegrate matter, living and inanimate things.

It is like a weaker version of the 'Particle Style: Atomic Dismantling' jutsu that Onoki brat is so proud of. The only advantage this Power of Destruction has over the Particle Style jutsu is its wide attack area and the seemingly instant invocation without any hand seals whatsoever.

"!"

While Narberal was thinking, Rias's body suddenly twitched. Before instantly jumping up like nothing happened.

"Hmm"

Madara, who took control of Rias's body, looked at himself a little before he activated his regenerative powers.

*Crack*

Immediately the dislocated arm returned to its place and all the injuries healed instantly. Even the clothes were restored to their original state as if Rias was never beaten half to death just a few moments ago.

"Now then…"

Madara muttered as he closed and opened his right hand a few times. Then he lifted his head and spoke with a rather sinister expression on his face.

"Did you have a good show? Devil rat?"

*Rustle* "Shit!"

As soon as Madara said that, a curse sounded from the top of a nearby tree as something flew out from it and rushed into the other side of the forest.

"Hahaha! Did you honestly think you could run away from this Madara?!" *Tsu*

Madara then laughed loudly as he covered his face with his left hand before he suddenly disappeared from his place while leaving his clone Narberal behind.

12