Chapter 3: School Rival
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting up early, a couple hours before her mother usually calls her down for breakfast.

'I just know I can make tier I wind mage before the end of school' After opening the window in hopes of helping stimulate wind magic elements to her area, Alexis sits down in a cross legged style on her bed, and begins to try to stimulate the wind elemental magic around her. Feeling out with her mind, to embrace the unseen around her, she can feel subtle hints of aggressive heat from the morning sun, and a faint feeling of coolness slowly blocking off the heat in the humid air. She latches on to the coolness following the source of the feeling, it is coming from the movement of air that allows the dampness to slightly brush you before being blown away.

Concentrating on the flowing air, Alexis tries to align her own internal body to that feeling, slowly she can feel the flowing air starting to move towards her, tickling her skin playfully, but not yet aligned enough to allow absorption into her body. Continuing to focus on her own body alignment and that of the flow of air around her, slowly adjusting her attunement to welcome in the wind elements. She can feel the air around her astir slowly it seems like more air is flowing towards her.

"Alexandria! Wake up it's time for breakfast" Her mothers call breaks her concentration.

Hopping off her bed to get ready, Alexis thinks to herself. 'Oh wow, has it already been two hours, time sure does fly while your training'

Eating her breakfast, and heading out the door, Alexis hops on her bike and heads to school.

Thursdays Alexis's school day schedule starts out with water magic instead of fire magic. She quickly makes her way to Mrs. Wrights class, taking a seat in the middle of the left row, she opens her book. 'I could almost start absorbing the wind elements today, at this rate I should have no problem making my first tier wind ring before the end of summer' Alexis thinks to herself while randomly flipping through her book.

Once the bell rings, and class officially starts. The teacher, a middle age looking woman, with black combed hair falling to just below her shoulders, with two spider ornaments to each side keeping it slightly parted walks in.

"I hope everyone has been studying for the finals coming up in just a little over two weeks, this could be the difference into going to your next level of education, or becoming a manual laborer, so give it your best and don't slack off."

"Dang she keeps it real huh" Leaning over, Jim whispers when he hears what Mrs. Wright starts the day off with.

"You'll do good to heed her words, in this day and age you got to be strong to fight for what you want, and in our case that means getting the most knowledge we can while we can" Says Alexis while nodding about what Mrs. Wright just said.

"Sheesh, I know I know." Jim settles back down in his seat, and takes on a serious stature.

"Now tell me, who here knows one of the simplest ways for a water mage to overwhelm a fire mage of a higher grade?"

She points at Jim, "I saw that you seemed to have some ideas to share earlier, why don't you go ahead and share with the class what you think on this matter?"

Getting flustered, Jim stands up. "O-of course, um, so to beat a fire mage of a higher grade, all you have to do is overwhelm them with quantity, so casting something like repetitive crushing wave which enacts a lot of water elements would help in limiting the fire mages power, since fire elements are subdued by water elements"

"Very good Jim, you may sit." She nods "However this is only if your opponent does not know spells that reinforce itself, even if the magic element you are using subdues your enemy, don't let your guard down, for magic is very complex, and it is possible to still cast fire magic that is significantly reinforced against element attrition, so be aware, and ready for pin point attacks. These questions and more will be covered on the pre-finals next week. So make sure you study up"

Handing out study materials she then says to the class. "Right, so here's all you should be studying for the pre-final, and finals later on, before the pre-finals we will be having self study time, if you have any questions, come to me after school. I will be working on your practical exam in the mean time with the other teachers now, so do NOT take this as the time to goof off while I'm gone, use your self study time wisely." Saying such, she leaves out the door.

Seeing Connie walking over after the teacher has left, Alexis raises her eyebrow, crosses her arms, and says. "What do you want Connie?"

"Oh nothing, just thought I'd give you a friendly warning to not think to highly of yourself, even though you aced Mr. Henry's quiz yesterday, that was too easy, wait till you see the finals, that's what I'm training for, don't get ahead of yourself."

"Heh, if it was so easy, why didn't you score first then? Seems to me like your just making excuses, and I don't really care what place your in, we all know your dad knows the principal of Talitopia College, I wouldn't be surprised if you just get let in." Alexis shrugs while saying.

"YOU!, Just you wait" Connie says while storming off.

"Wow, you really reamed her good there huh, just be careful, she is quite vindictive, I heard rumors about her in middle school, where she'd lock people up and beat them up in the bathrooms, although I have not heard anything about it lately" Jim says worriedly.

"Ha, just let her try, and see what happens to her."

"OK, you never know though, it's best to be safe after all. I wouldn't be surprised if she does something extreme, her dad helped her cover up that middle school stuff, even though she has been quiet now, you never know."

"Your right Jim, it is best to be safe, but sometimes you got to stand up for yourself to, ya know. But yea, I guess I'll try not to make things to difficult, honestly I don't even know why she is always bugging me, it's so annoying, she acts like she's better than everyone, and always tries to bother me just because my grades are better than hers. She definitely has some problems upstairs, if you know what I mean."

Rounding the corner outside the classroom Connie takes out her phone. Looking at the message from her father, saying if she gets first place in the finals this year, he'll buy her the all new inscribed wand from the famous Barrelium Institute, the number one producers of rune magical battle gear. 'Heh just you wait, your gonna lose Alexis, there's no way I'll not get first with all the tutoring I've been undergoing, just in case though, perhaps I should be extra sure, hehe' Grinning mischievously she begins texting on her phone.

'I need to get right to it on my training, perhaps I can even start visualizing my ring for my wind magic' Contemplating to herself after coming back home after another three hours of work after school. "Hey mom, just put my dinner in the microwave, I'll come down and get it later, I have a lot of studying to do tonight." She says while running up stairs.

"OK honey, don't study to hard"

1