Chapter 7: New Friends & Shopping Pt. 1
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking at a fast pace to catch up to Sasha. They both get on to the bus which was just arriving at the pickup location itself.

The bus makes its way through the city stopping at a few other places before finally coming up to the bazaar about two hours after they had gotten on.

Arriving at the bazaar they see a giant dome like building, which slightly glimmers when looked at.

"Apparently the dome structure is reinforced with a magical force field, they say even a Tier IV mage would have difficulties breaking it quickly." Sasha says as she walks towards the entrance.

A couple bodyguards wearing all dark blue uniforms with black sunglasses stand at the entrance, nodding at them Sasha and Alexis walk into the bazaar.

Immediately noticeable is all the floating menus moving around in the air, some list food, some have names of different elixirs, some even have a bunch of equipment listed.

Pointing at the one listing different elixirs, Alexis speaks to Sasha. "I wonder where the shop for that one is".

Immediately after she points at it, and starts talking, the menu zooms down in front of her, and a neutral voice comes out. "Hello, would you like to browse our wares, just touch the screen."

"Oh wow, we can order right here?"

"Not only can you order, you can even pay if you want, or if you'd rather, you can pay at the physical store after you finish picking out what you want, we'll have everything ready for you to pickup shortly after you finish ordering, and if you don't know where the store is, just ask the screen to guide you. Of course only some of the products are listed on the screen, for the full experience you'll need to talk to a sales member in the store." The screen announces.

"Neat, they don't have anything like this in any of the other stores" Sasha says while grabbing the screen to skim through the list.

"Of course not, this is made possible through a combination of magic and technology that has been integrated throughout the bazaar dome." While being held the screen explains.

"Is there a way to search for a specific stores screen?" Alexis asks

"Unfortunately not, if you see a screen in the air that catches your attention, you can wave or point at it to get a mini screen to come to you like I did. All the big screens in the air are constantly scanning for someone showing interest, even checking for any crimes that are possibly being committed, and reporting it directly to security, ads and security in one, isn't it great?! Would you like me to guide you to the Elixirs Emporium? Not only do we have ready made elixirs, but even lots of books to get you started making your own. :wink emoji:"

"Sure that sounds great" Sasha readily agrees.

"Are you one of the sales employees at the store?" asks Alexis.

"Oh not at all, I'm an AI designed to help customers from the city HQ, that's who runs the bazaar you know. Every screen generated comes with it's own AI, if you like me so much you don't wanna have any other AI screen, then just click save screen preference on the top right, and all screens that you get even for different stores will all be me."

"Lead the way" Sasha gestures.

Zooming a path through the slightly crowded plaza, the screens leads them to a huge glass cylinder potion with a sign above it 'Elixir Emporium' next to an elevator with a sign listing the stores hours.

"This is it, just go down the elevator, hope you find everything your looking for" The screen says as it fades into a little dot of light and pops.

"Wow even if we can't find anything, just the screen was worth the bus ride here" Sasha says while getting into the elevator.

Heading down the elevator, the two step out after what seemed like a 2-3 floor drop underground.

Looking around they see many shelves with glass doors, with vials stacked within.

On the glass doors, are many labels.

Minor healing elixir, minor antidote, heat lotion, cool lotion, and many many more.

A young girl with purple hair tied up into two tails on either side of her head walks over.

"Hello my name is Janice, did you need help finding anything?"

"Hi. I'm just browsing, but I was curious about the prices of these minor elixirs?" Sasha inquires.

"Hmm well to inform you of the ones right in front of you, most were made using some common herbs that had absorbed some elements for a few months and then distilled after some processing using alchemy techniques, you can actually find a few of the techniques in the books we sell by the way, they're bottled immediately. The price isn't to bad for such elixirs, the healing elixir is the most expensive around 50 dollars, the others are all around 30."

"The minor healing elixir works well on things like gashes, cuts n bruises, just rub some on, and watch it heal up in less than an hour, and can even be drank if you have some slight internal bleeding or injury. The lotions can create the desired temperature of about 30 degrees after rubbing them on your skin, they can last up to a few hours depending on the opposite temperatures potency, as for the antidote, it will cure most poisons that are rated at Tier I and below, you do need to drink the entire elixir though no matter whether your poisoned just a little bit, or a whole lot, you should recover near immediately depending on the poison, if the poison effects are still apparent after half an hour, then it failed."

Looking at the two. Janice points behind her to a corner neither can see.

"If you'd like I can show you the books after you finish browsing the elixirs, we have books on alchemy, identifying herbs, uses of elixirs, elixir history, and more, their reasonable priced to. And if you buy 200 dollars worth, you get a free elixir introduction book which introduces you to what elixirs do, what ingredients they commonly use, and even what they should smell like. It's a pretty good deal considering the book usually costs 40 bucks alone."

"Sure, actually I'd like to take a look at the book section right now" Alexis states after hearing her.

Knowing how temporary elixirs are, there's no reason for Alexis to bother with the elixirs. She can always come get some before she has to go train outside the city.

'For now it'd be nice if I can find something that will teach me how to process my blood tulip I've been growing'

Thinking such Alexis asks "Do you have anything on preparing internal healing elixirs, or anything on blood tulips and similar herbs?"

"Sure blood tulips I know take quite a while to flower, so they are usually used to make elixirs much more potent than that minor healing potion, I read a book on information about it not long ago, but please, follow me" Janice says as she leads Alexis to the book section.

Navigating through all the shelves, Janice arrives in a brightly lit area showcasing 4 giant shelves lined with books like in a library, with lamps just as tall as the shelves on each end.

Scanning the shelves, Janice arrives before one of them, and points.

"This section here is all on preparing healing herbs, where to find them, and how to make elixirs out of them, if the book your looking for isn't in this section then you'll have to wait until another day when the owner is in to help you order the book you need"

Looking through the books, Alexis sees books labeled "Identifying 100 different healing herbs", "Basic alchemy processing", and many more similar titles, after searching for a bit she comes across one called "Best herbs for internal injuries" that lists not only all the herbs for healing different organs including lungs but also where to find and how to prepare those herbs. As well as a matching book called "Healthy Alchemy for the body" which details many different ways to prepare elixirs for healing internal organs, including how to use blood tulips in an elixir.

Finding exactly what she needed, she asks Janice "How much for these two?"

Looking at the titles, Janice goes through her phone and says "The first one is 40, and the 2nd one is 30, so 70 all together. If you find that acceptable I can ring you up over at the counter there"

She points to a desk passed the shelves.

Nodding Alexis makes her way to the counter to pay for her books.

Once done paying, she sees Sasha walking over with a few elixirs in hand.

After Sasha pays for her items as well, both head back out using the elevator they came in on.

Along the way Sasha asks "What books did ya get?"

"Just a couple books on healing alchemy, and herbs. How about you?"

"Some of those lotions we saw earlier, and I even found a skin cream after looking around."

0