Chapter 8: New Friends & Shopping Pt. 2
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving back above ground.

"Wanna go look for some rune gear shops now?" Sasha asks while looking over.

"Uh sure"

The two meander around keeping an eye on the sky and the ground for anything rune gear related as they take in the sights.

The plaza is bustling with people, coming in and out of erected tents and elevators.

Walking passed some tents, the two come upon a walkway line with stands.

"Perfect, my mother told me about the stands, this is where treasure hunters and magical beast hunters will come to sell their stuff, sometimes you can even find some rare stuff for cheap. Just be careful, some scammers mix in to, to try and sell off junk as something good since the items sold here haven't been appraised." Sasha says while tugging on Alexis arm to go there faster.

Heading through the aisle between the shops, the two can see many stands with people behind them. On the stands are displayed some that have many different round, rock like objects on them, some with lots of jewelry, some with weapons and armor, some with manuals.

Browsing through the stands, Alexis stops at the stand with multiple rocks at it, where a handsome man with block hair, and one brown and one red eye is standing behind the stand.

Picking up one of the rocks to examine it after asking the stand owner, Alexis sees that most are perfectly round and have a green hue.

Alexis then asks the owner "Are these elemental stones"?

"Yes, most were gathered from the beasts I hunted."

Picking up the biggest one that has some pointed edges to it with a brown and blue hue. The man says "This was from the toughest battle I fought this month, a mutated bear, but stronger than any I've fought before, I'm sure it was on the cusp of advancing, thankfully I took it out before it ever had the chance." while parting his bangs to the side.

"If your interested, these were some of the items I found in it's cave" the man says while pulling out what appears to be a leather sack and dumping the contents on the stand.

What falls out are some marble looking beads, a perfectly smooth white rock about the size of a fist, and some feathers that gleam in the sun as if they're made of metal.

"Nothing of this seems particular useful to me, but I'm only selling it as a set if you want it, the stones are two hundred each, or one for one trade of fire stones."

Easily identifying the beads as some kind of aqua beasts eyes, and the feathers as some kind of metal weapon from a bird beasts, the only thing that remains a mystery to Alexis is the rock that the bear had collected.

Feeling curious about the rock, Alexis thinks about how she can get everything for cheap, coming up with a plan quickly.

She picks up a few of the beads and says "Hmm, I can see the use of these metallic feathers, these other items though don't seem like much, probably left overs from what the bears dinner."

Then raising an eyebrow, she places the bead back down and picks up a feather.

"Although they seem formidable, these would be pretty awkward to use without getting them crafted into a weapon first. I think fifty dollars is a fair price for all of this?"

Rubbing his chin the man picks up a couple beads.

"From what I know these are probably from some fish, but even so they can be boiled into a decent nutritional soup, perfect for a young girl such as yourself to grow strong."

Pulling out another bag, he opens it and takes out a metallic metal ball.

"And I have here some metal to craft with the feathers"

Laying two of the balls with the previous bags content he states "100 dollars for all of this". He gestures with his hand over the items.

Picking up the metal ball, Alexis squeezes it with all her might and realizes that even with her strength she can do nothing to it.

'Must be at least iron, maybe even steel'

"Hmm, throw in one more of these balls, and you have a deal"

The man quickly slaps another ball down on the table. "Deal"

Paying the man, Alexis worries how to fit all this in her bag with the books, but the man just puts everything in the original leather bag and passes it to her.

Waving her off the man sits back down behind his stand.

Not sure if she got a good deal or not, none the less Alexis continues walking down the aisle of stands towards where Sasha can be seen.

Closing the distance between herself and Sasha, she can see that Sasha is currently checking out a blade with a studded handle.

She hears the man speaking "300 is as low as I'll go".

"Do you think I'm stupid, all the elemental stones embedded in the studs are almost used up, so what is it's a high grade tier 1 weapon, it's obvious that this one needs external power from elemental stones, that may be good if it were a tier 3 weapon but on a tier 1 weapon it's pointless, maybe two decades ago this was a decent weapon even without the stones but now? Ha! two hundred or I find a better shop that is selling reasonably priced weaponry."

Waving both palms in the air, the seller says "OK OK you win we'll do your price"

Bagging up her new weapon, Sasha glances over and see Alexis.

"Hey, one sec" Walking over from the stand, Sasha notices the leather bag, and asks "I see you've gotten something to?"

"Yea, nothing like an actual weapon, but I found some marbles and I think some steel feathers"

"Marbles huh?" She raises an eyebrow. "Well lets go find something to eat, haggling with that fella there made me famished, can you believe he wanted 500 for this at first? Insane!"

0