Chapter 9: New Friends & Shopping Pt. 3
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing a flying screen in the air with lots of foods on it, they wave it down, and have it guide them to a big tent where many different spice smells waft through the air.

Once inside they see many different tables of differing sizes, beyond the tables, is a long counter with stools on the left and right side, and in the center of the counter waits a man with a screen above their head listing off many different foods with prices beside them.

Sitting down at a table shaped like an apply with two seats on either side of it.

Alexis waves over another screen from the screen above the mans head.

Peeking up from her own screen "Hey do you wanna go in together on these beef bread ball appetizers, it says there only ten bucks for ten of them" Sasha asks?

"Sure" Alexis constantly flips through her screen looking at all the food.

When pressing on something, it even shows a picture of the food, along with the nutrition information.

Stopping on the seventh page, she sees a delectable looking fatty tuna listed for only fifteen bucks, selecting some spiced carrots for the vegetable side, as it comes with one side, and a water, she finalizes her order through the screen, while selecting to pay with cash.

Shooing away the screen. Alexis then grabs one of the books she bought and starts flipping through it while waiting on the food to come.

Looking over while still browsing through the food screen. Sasha sees that Alexis is already done ordering, but just continues to browse through all the food on the screen.

Flipping through her book, Alexis studies what the best healing herbs are in the herb book she picked up from the elixir store. After studying the first five herbs in the book, she hears a soft clap followed by Sasha making a 'Mmmmmmm' sound.

Looking over.

Sasha notices Alexis glance and says "I ordered enough to feed a cow beast, hopefully they have carry out plates, I think I'll have a bit of leftovers." Rubbing her hands together, she smiles gleefully.

"Wow" Alexis responds.

A few minutes later a man comes over with a glass of water, a glass of tea, a glass of slushy mango juice, and a plate with balled up bread on it.

He sets the glass of water down in front of Alexis, and the other two down in front of Sasha. "Here are your drinks, and your beef bread balls, the rest of the food will take a little bit to cook, I'll bring it over as soon as it's all done, enjoy." The man says while walking off.

While continuing to study her herb book, and munching on some of the bread balls, about twenty minutes pass. The same waiter comes by with four plates stacked on a huge red tray. "Ok so here's your fatty tuna" he says while placing a plate in front of Alexis. Now here is your Phoenix soup, giant crab leg meat, and spiced clover beast beef sandwich topped with shredded leaves of a golden tree."

Setting all three of these plates of food down in front of Sasha, he then takes his leave, but not before saying. "Enjoy, and if you need me, just hollar for a waiter."

"Wow, you weren't kidding huh, and even some golden tree leaves, I hear that spice is pretty pricey, though looks like they only put one leaf worth on there?"

Haha Sasha laughs. "I did splurge a bit on the sandwich, but I wanted to see what the golden leaf spice tastes like, it was a whole 20 dollars just for the sandwich alone though."

Biting into the sandwich, Sasha comments. "Mmm kinda sweet with a juicy fresh flavor though, not bad."

"Looks kewl to, look how it kinda glows gold." Flipping the sandwich vertical Sasha holds the sandwich up for Alexis to check it out.

"As long as you like it." Alexis responds.

After finishing with their food, the two head out of the tent, and begin heading towards the entrance to the bazaar.

"If we hurry, we should just make the next bus stop, looks like it comes in fifteen minutes" Sasha says while glancing at her wrist watch.

Arriving at the bus stop after a brisk walk, the two only have to wait a few minutes before the bus pulls up.

While sitting in their seats, Sasha looks over and says "Oh yea, you said marbles before right, so what the heck kinda marbles did you get?"

"Oh nothing much, here take a look" Pulling out her leather bag, she opens it for her to take a look.

"I'm pretty sure the glass like marbles are left over fish eyes, probably some kinda fish beast that absorbed some earth elements I'm guessing"

Then Alexis points at the feather bundle. "Those are basically feather knives, be careful there pretty sharp" she warns.

Reaching into the bag, Sasha pulls out a metallic ball, and the white stone. "So what about these two things?"

"The metallic one should be some steel ore or something similar as for the white one, to be honest, I'm not to sure, it came with everything else, I'll have to figure it out later."

Putting the items back in the bag, Sasha nods her head "Nice find, though shame you didn't end up finding a good rune weapon, those feather knives look pretty formidable though, are you well versed in throwing knives?"

"Not yet" she responds.

After the bus drops them off at their stop, the two head back towards home.

"I had fun, thanks for coming with me" Sasha looks over and says.

"So did I"

Arriving at their street, the two clap hands, and then walk to their houses.

Seeing Alexis walk in, Alice says "So how did your trip with the neighbors daughter go sweetie, did they have anything good at the bazaar?"

Telling her mother all about the trip, and showing her the items she got, she then gets ready to head upstairs to get ready for bed.

Before she gets up to go though, her mother stops her and says "You should leave the feathers and ore to your father, he'll know someone who can craft them into suitable throwing knives for you. As for the rest of it, though I'm also not to sure about the white rock, earth elemental fish eyes can hold up for a pretty good amount of time, you should store them for now, and take them with you if you ever find yourself going on a trip outside the city, they may save your life if you find yourself in a pinch for food."

Placing the feathers and ores on the counter, Alexis says "Thanks mom" and heads up stairs.

'I wonder how good those knives will turn out, if I can complete my wind ring soon, how kewl it would be to control them using wind magic.'

Getting into her meditative position by the window, Alexis trains a little bit into the night, but not too long since the finals begin tomorrow and she doesn't want to be to tired on such a big day.

0