Chapter 24: Unknown Forest
66 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two after leaving the house didn't hesitate to fly toward the south.

"Xialin, did you get wary of that old woman?!" 

"Of course. That kind of face is pretentious. Too bad, we already expose ourselves."

"That's right. I also feel something was off with that old woman!" 

"Because just look at how fast she comprehend the skill. Normally, if it was too old, their brains will have some malfunction but her, being a doctor at the same time, was just fine as someone in their 30s." 

"Hahaha, it's good that we already get discharged, or else, something might happen to us. That old woman is a four-pillar ultimate god for sure even though she tried to hide it. Just look at the power she released when using that higher skill, it's 14 times stronger than us." 

"But where are we going?!" 

Xialin look at her surroundings but only saw many tall and old trees that can astray someone. Chilling vibes were felt, making Xialin nervous.

"Where are we?!" 

Zhowen was also confused since they just run and run without even looking at their own surroundings. Such scenery was new and unknown.

"I ask you yet you ask me? What the hell am I supposed to say?!" Xialin can't help but be annoyed at Zhowen.

"Let's just continue. We will find someone for sure." 

Zhowen holds Xialin before slowing their pace to calm her down.

They walk and walk until they get tired, as they were still at Strong Maniac State. After resting, they start to continue their journey when suddenly, behind the trees, there was a large brown bear that was running toward them. 

The bear was colossal and has sharp claws that can slice the trees into small pieces. Every time the bear walks, the trees in its front collapse the moment it touches its body, as it continues to go in the direction of the two brats. The bear looked at them as if they were delicious food as its tongue was hanging down while licking its lips evilly. It has a strong aura but is not too strong.

The two looked panicked but were still calm as they look at the bear. For them, this bear was scary but delicious as they were hungry right now.

The two were actually about to attack the bear with their higher skill when there was suddenly a quick light that appeared in the body of the bear. The light passed vertically.

 The bear suddenly split apart, blood scattered everywhere, and its body fell to the ground revealing a middle-aged man wearing a black robe while holding a big black sword.

The man has long black hair just like the two children, a pair of black eyes, and red lips. This man was actually black all over if not for his lips and skin.

"Are you okay?!" 

"Yes. Thanks for saving us." Xialin, though grateful, still become wary of the man since this black man was not any weaker than Grandma Hina.

"Oh, people called me Black, so you can call me Black as well." 

"Oh, I'm Zhowen and this is Xialin.".

"Oh, then why are you here, in the Unknown Forest?!"

"Unknown Forest? Is that the name of this forest?!" The two children were left in confusion as they look at Black, hoping for an answer.

"Yes. It was being called Unknown Forest since once you get inside of it, you might not be able to come back, so not many people go here." 

"Ah, but we get lost." Xialin felt being wronged as she start to get nervous, knowing she can't get out of this forest.

"Do you have any comrades?!"

"No, we're just alone. We also don't have any parents nor relatives." Zhowen answered truthfully, with a hidden intention.

"Do you want to accompany me? Be my disciples?"

"But if we don't want to be your disciples anymore, you will let us go?" 

"Ok! Deal!"

"Then, come with me. And what is your grade?" Black then beckoned the two to come with him. 

He was actually about to leave the two children since he's not someone who cares about weak, but when he saw the potential of this two, which was the same, he was overwhelmed and excited. 

"Strong Maniac."

"What?! Only that?!"

"Yes, because we just start cultivating a week ago." 

"Incredible! To think that you can ascend in just a week. You're peerless among peerless geniuses." Black didn't regret his decision.

"Thanks, but may I ask, where are we going?!"  Xialin, who has terrible curiosity towards things, asked as she saw that the surroundings start to get change, from tall and old trees to a variety of beautiful green trees.

"In our camp. I, with many other practitioners, were actually traveling this unknown forest for a long time now and wanted to leave this forest already, but we can't find the way, so we just make our basement here and continue to pursue the exit." Black began to narrate his experience, making the two astonished and know that this man is trustworthy.

"So it was like that. Then why are you willing to bring us to your camp?"

"Guess. Why did I let you?"

"Because you pity us?" Xialin guessed, yet can't help but be annoyed if it was indeed the case. They're not pitiful.

"Haha, I'm not the type of person who pities someone. I'm already pitiful, yet I will pity others too?" 

"You're right. Then is it because of our potential?!" 

"That's right. I just get interested in both of you, because you have the same amount of potential." 

"Then, should we say thank you for that?" Xialin sighed in relief as he felt glad at Black's reason.

"Hahaha, no need. But I want to teach and help you become stronger, is that okay with you two?"

"Of course. And it was quite beneficial to both of us." 

"Then, let's start tomorrow. You can come with me, and I let you experience how to fight."

"Then, what will we call you, master black?!" 

"That's quite good." 

"Master Black, we don't have any crystals with us, so we can't pay you." Xialin, remembering what Grandma Hina said, becomes conflicted. She doesn't know if Black would accept them without crystal.

"Hahaha, no need to pay me, after all, I'm the one who insists."

After a while of walking, the three of them finally come to a stop, as they saw numerous tents. The field was quite wide as there were 20 tents in total, which were surrounded by many big and sturdy trees.

There were a lot of people who were busy talking, chopping woods, picking fruits, fetching water, and cooking. Life here was extremely ordinary which let the two children extremely satisfied as they also want to experience this kind of life when they were still in their own world.

"Wow, it's amazing! The air here is refreshing even though the energy was weaker." Xialin was instantly fascinated by the nature.

"Hahaha, we can finally experience it." Zhowen feels the same, as the two of them run and leave Black right away, who's surprised at their reactions.

"Hey, wait! Don't be naughty." Black chase the two.

"Master Black, don't be so stingy. We just want to explore this camp, to interact with others, so why are you stopping us?" the two children continue to run as if they saw a paradise.

"Hais... These kids are really naughty. It was as if they saw a paradise. Hais..." Black just sighed as he let the two children play around.

"Hey, Black. Why did you bring them here?! And when did you find disciples?!" an old man suddenly appear beside Black.

The old man has white hair, a wrinkled face, a crookback, and skin that shows signs of aging.

"Master Gaster, I found those two when I kill a Sharp-Clawed Bear. I'm about to leave them, but I got curious about their potential, so I brought them and take them as my disciples. But I never expected them to be so easy-going and naughty too." Black then narrates what happened earlier.

"Oh, I see."

             "There's Still Someone Who Has A Good Heart!"

1