Chapter 48: Evolution
46 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three, Xialin, Zhowen, and Black, after regaining their strength finally start to adjust their state right now before continuing their quest.

They observe their surroundings, and all they can see was a narrow passage with a variety of knives hanging on each wall, making the atmosphere dangerous.

The three hesitate for a bit before beginning to step into the passage.

They tried to activate some protective skills first but it was forbidden, making them scared a bit. 

Although they want to retreat, they can't as the entrance was already blocked and their effort will be in vain.

After the three walks for a very long time, the three finally arrive at some point in the passage that has no knives on each wall, and the knives that they passed by, finally start to vibrate simultaneously before rapidly attacking in their direction. 

It looks like the activation of the knives was when someone reach a destined distance in the passage.

The three instantly get alarmed by this as they readied themselves for the incoming attack. They make their bodies sturdy since it was the only thing they can do, as skills or energy usage were forbidden.

They relied on their pure body strength, and Black was extremely worried about his disciples because, for him, it might affect him a little, but for his disciples, who are only at stage 2, it will be critical.

When the knives closed on their position, they sharpen their vision to avoid it at all costs, and they were surprised to see that their agility and speed improve by two folds, maybe because of what happened in the sea.

The three was a bit glad by this improvement but didn't let their guard down as thousand of knives continuously attack them in waves, and they manage to avoid some of them.

Since the knives were just too many, the two can't avoid being struck by knives, as deep wounds appeared on their delicate and smooth skin while some of the knives were stuck on their bodies.

Black on the other hand, just received a few scratches as the strength applied to the knives was not great, and his agility was just too great.

Golden yet crimson blood gushed out from the bodies of the two, as their blood exudes a weak profound aura with weak energy.

When their blood was about to land on the ground, unexpectedly, Xialin's bracelet, which has the Crystal Hexa-Flower and Crystal Hexa-Butterfly, start to vibrate as a suction force from the pot sucked the blood making it seep into it.

The flower that sucked the blood continuously vibrate and seemed to break out from the bracelet.

"Xialin, make the flower bigger first. It might receive damage if you don't let it free." Black senses what happening on Xialin's bracelet, despite facing dangerous and sharp knives.

"Oh, I forgot! I also have these Flower and the Butterfly! Maybe it was so thirsty that when it senses our blood, it becomes restless." Xialin exclaimed in surprise.

Then Xialin takes a turn, facing her back on the incoming knives, as she took out the pot and lets the butterfly and the flower enlarge.

Black, help Xialin to protect the flower as he blocks Xialin, taking the knives for Xialin since they barely affect him due to his physique.

Zhowen, on the other hand, didn't bother by this as he trust Xialin, and also can't really be bothered by this, as he was facing the sea of knives and already sustained deep injuries and a little blood loss.

Although practitioner has a strong life force, they were still a human, so when their blood becomes insufficient, they will still experience a problem.

Once the flower finally enlarges, its roots suddenly reach the blood in the air as they immediately drink it, as if a thirsty beast who can't drink for a hundred days.

All the blood of the two was absorbed by the flower and even dare to let its roots touch the opening of the wound on Xialin's and Zhowen's bodies, continuing to suck their blood to suffice its thirst.

The two, seeing this become extremely alarmed and scared of having blood lost because if they die from this, they will be the first practitioner to die due to blood loss. How embarrassing!

Black also sense this and intend to help the two, but when he was about to touch the roots or slice them, his hand rebounded.

"Master Black, I'm... I'm scared." Xialin said as her body start to tremble from fear as she look at the roots with a scared expression.

"Master Black, I'm... I'm losing blood! I'm getting weak." Zhowen's constitution starts to pale and weakly kneel on the ground.

Black who's avoiding the knife, was helpless at this moment and reluctant to let his disciples died. 

After a while, the attacks of the knives finally stop, making the three have a moment to relax a bit and their only problem right now is the flower.

The roots were thick and covered in red color. It was also sharp, especially the tip of every root.

The roots continuously absorb the blood on the bodies of the two and after absorbing half of the blood of the two children, it finally retracted its root and its whole body start to shake violently and start to glow red.

The two lie weakly on the ground, as Black immediately supports them and gives them a recovering pill.

Although the pills can't make the blood of the two recover, it was at least able to make the two regain their strength and their complexion start to get better.

Their wound-filled skin earlier was now reverted to being translucent and delicate skin, although was pale as a paper due to blood loss.

Then, when they are finally able to move up, they immediately start to observe the flower.

"Master Black, is this flower really unharmful?" Xialin starts to get weary of the flower from what she had just seen.

"Master Black, are you sure this flower will not kill us by absorbing our blood?" 

'you will ask me about this when you're the one who insists on taking it?'

"I don't know, but I'm sure it will not kill you. I think it just uses the opportunity to drink half of your blood since the two of you are already bleeding a lot." 

"Is that so? Then, Master Black, what is happening to our flower right now?" 

"I don't know. It's also my first time seeing a flower vibrating non-stop and even glowing red."

"Not only the flower, even the butterfly and the caterpillar!" Zhowen points out his index finger on the caterpillar that was placed on the whorl of the flower and the flower that's resting on the flower's petals.

"What? What did happen to them? Is our blood the reason why they become like this, Master Black?"

"I don't know. But I'm sure it was connected to your blood. I feel it was like they were trying to break through."

"An evolution?"

"Evolution? Yeah, those three are in the process of evolution! Unbelievable! I never expected in my life that flowers or plants can evolve too and I can witness it! I thought only animals can evolve!"

"Haha, I'm excited to see what my flower will look like. It seems that if we give this flower enough amount of our blood, it will take an evolution. Then what will happen if we get stronger, then they will evolve numerous times? Ah, I'm excited to see this." 

"Hahaha, it's not only yours, it's ours." 

"Yeah."

The flower, after vibrating non-stop and glowing red finally makes some changes.

Its six petals slowly fall apart to the ground with elegance as if an angel were descending from the sky, while new petals grow on the whorl. 

The new petals were longer a bit than the previous, were more translucent as if a glass but was more bright red, it was even more crystal-like, making the flower to be more beautiful and its aura exuding increase too. 

The whorl also starts to be redder and as if glowing red light. 

Its stem also starts to dry and become even greener, thicker, and longer than before. Its leaves were more succulent than ever.

The flower becomes completely more beautiful and profound. Its aura also increased as it becomes an eight pillar ultimate god from being a three pillar ultimate god.

These transformations surprised the three.

"Wow, it becomes even more beautiful!" Xialin becomes infatuated with the flower.

"Its aura also increase by five grades!"

"Our blood is really effective! To think that this flower can evolve. It looks like we have been lucky!"

'You stupid disciple of mine! You're not being lucky, you're just too lucky! Unfair!'

"I love it!"

"Then how about the previous petals? Can we eat them?" 

"Maybe. Let me try it first." Black picked the six petals before dividing them into two.

Black shoves the two petals in his mouth and starts to chew. 

Then after a while, something strange began to happen in his body. His true power suddenly emerged above his head, with seven pillars and an altar in the center.

 

Then beside the seventh pillar, there was a mist that formulate and a new pillar started to be built. The pillar starts to get higher but stops when it becomes half.

 

The aura on Black's body increase a bit and the injuries on his body completely healed and his blood was replenished.

It looks like the petals can not only help someone to breakthrough but also can replenish the lost blood and heal injuries.

This effect greatly satisfied Black as he beckoned the two to also eat the petals.

Then the energy in Zhowen and Xialin's bodies start to increase but because they were more special than others, or the flower has their own blood, it didn't help them increase anymore after increasing it by 10%. Instead, it makes their bones a bit thicker and sturdy, making the blood in their body took to change.

This disappoints the two but not too much since an increase is still better than nothing. Their lost blood was replenished making their complexion revert to original, beautiful, and perfect that can make anyone envy. Their injuries were also healed.

Then they began to observe the flower again. The flower after evolving just stood in the pot, swaying along with the winds, as beautiful as a sunset that can relax someone just by watching it as it continuously sways back and forth.

"What?! Master Black, look at the butterfly! It's dissipating!" Zhowen exclaimed.

"Why?! Why is it dissipating?! Is it because of the evolution?"

"Master Black, the butterfly seems to be fusing on the caterpillar! Look at its afterimage, it was being sucked by the caterpillar!"

The Crystal Hexa-Butterfly slowly dissipated in the air as it was being sucked by the small, green, and exquisite caterpillar. The caterpillar was placed on the beautiful whorl while absorbing the Crystal Hexa-Butterfly, making it vibrate and inflated.

After fully absorbing the butterfly, the caterpillar began to shake terribly, shaking the flower as well, as if dancing gracefully, before inflating. 

It also seems to glow green. While inflating, the caterpillar will absorb the energy swirling around the flower, which helps it to molt.

The caterpillar starts to shake before forcefully yet slowly struggling and want to get out of its previous exoskeleton. 

When it finally managed to get out from its previous exoskeleton and complete its second molting, its color began to become a bit red yet green. 

Its strength also increase as it was now a one pillar ultimate god, although just having its second molting, maybe because it absorb the Crystal Hexa-Butterfly.

Its length also increases as its skin has some dots making it more eye-catching. It exudes an aura of dignity making anyone who looks at it be amazed.

The caterpillar then began to eat its own exoskeleton slowly.

The three were amazed to see this and can't help but become excited, forgetting that they were still in the passage for a while.

After the three break free from the enchantment of an evolution, Xialin once again makes the flower reduce in size before locking it in her bracelet. 

Although at first, it becomes their problem, since the butterfly that shrinks the flower was now gone, fortunately, the flower as if having an intelligence obediently shrinks slowly until it can fit the bracelet.

Then the three now began to continue their journey and want to get out of this terrifying and dangerous passage.

                     "Anything Can Evolve!"

Updates will change to Tuesday and Thursday.

0