Chapter 54: Grandmother
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In front of Dela Cruz's Mansion...

A black expensive car has suddenly arrived in front of the gate, seemingly talking towards the guard. A moment later, Jack who was informed of one of the guards, has walk out towards the gate to fix the arising problems.

"Uhm.. James, what's happen--- Mo--mom?!" Jack asked the guard who was left behind to guard the gate but as he saw the expensive car, he got immediately scared and stuttered.

"James.. you.. you open the gate." Jack commands the guard as he hides his anxiety but failed to do so.

As the car has entered, Jack immediately runs toward his wife and sorts himself to receive the sudden visit of his mother.

Knowing the nature of his mother, Jack can't help but sigh a relief that he approved Nishery and Hero to go to the Unknown Islands for a vacation, or else.. something might have happened. He knew very well that his mother might get known the relationship of his daughter with the once troublemaker gay of the Santos family because she wouldn't visit his mansion if she didn't.

Despite the huge amount of wealth that Dela Cruz's family has, it was all because of Jack and Shane's efforts without their parent's help, that's why Jack hasn't had a good relationship with his mother. Not only does she wants to dictate his job, but even his wife! That's why.. he cut off his connection with his mother, but can't cut off the connection between his children.

Shane, who was informed by Jack, immediately went upstairs to have a quick change, before putting a smile on her face as both couples warmly welcomes their sudden visitor.

"Hon.. it's good that we approved of their vacation. I hope they wouldn't go home right now." Jack said to Shane, with obvious anxiousness.

"Hon.. are you still afraid of your mother? Don't worry, it will be just fine." Shane reassured Jack.

"But Hon.. what.. what if she knew that Nishery was in a relationship with Rozkarl? You knew very well that she hates Rozkarl strongly. Do you forget what he had done to mom a decades ago?" Jack said nervously as he can't stop his shaking body.

"I know. Still, you don't need to be nervous. I'm here, I can talk to mother." Shane said confidently but almost take a step back as the door opened, revealing a very graceful old woman with a terribly tall and handsome young man beside her.

"Mo--mom. I.. I didn't expect you to visit us.. so.. suddenly." Jack stuttered but still welcome his mom.

"You don't want me to visit your house?" the old woman said with a serious voice despite that friendly smile on her face.

"Mo--mother.. it's.. it's not like that. My.. my husband was overjoyed.. to have you in our house. It's.. it's our pleasure to be visited y you, mother." Shane immediately defends her husband.

"So I'm the wrong one here? And is there someone who's overjoyed yet trembling like a drenched dog?"  the old woman ignore Shane and just sat on the couch along with the boy who follows her obediently.

"No.. no.. mother." Shane nervously said.

"Mo--mom, where's dad?" Jack asked her mom, confused because her mother didn't bring his father but instead a handsome young man.

"And when did our dear son have interest with my husband and his father?" the old woman said sarcastically as she laughed quietly.

"Mo--mother.. who.. who is that handsome young man? Don--don't tell me it-- it's your ne--new man?" Shane was curious as Jack and can't help but ask.

"Shane, how can you say that to your mother? I love my husband the way you love my son. So please change that unfitting behavior." the old woman was annoyed by Shane but didn't lose her composure.

"I'm I'm sor--sorry, mother. Please forgive my idiocy." Shane has immediately apologized.

"Uhm.. I might be rude to not introduce myself. Well, I am John Fronda, the future husband of Nishery." the handsome young man politely said with his head bowed down, before confidently saying those words.

Jack and Shane have dropped their jaws as their eyes widened.

"Mo--mom!! How.. how can you do that?! We are her parents, not you!!" Jack was outraged by this and can't help but yelled at his own mom.

"Mo--mother... he.. he must be joking, right? Ni-- Nishery is.. is still a senior high school student, so.. she.. she can't be married or engaged." Shane was the same as Jack as both married couples shivered.

"Jack, have you forgotten respect? I am very disappointed in you. And yes, what John said is not wrong. He will be the future husband of Nishery." the old woman relish the expression of the married couple while the young man remained unbothered.

"And who says that, mother?! I can't.. approve of that! She doesn't even know him!" Jack said angrily.

"I, your mother, has said it. And as you had said, John will be living in this house for two years to get closer with Nishery." the old woman said calmly.

"I.. I oppose it, Mo--mother. Ni--Nishery has already loved someone else. And besides.. it.. it's her life so she can decide who to marry or not." Shane gathered all the courage in her body and confront the old woman.

"And we will not accept a complete stranger to live in our house!" Jack was firm in opposing his mother.

"Hahaha... you two are indeed a good match. It's a pity that you two can't do anything now. Why? You want to provoke me?" The old woman's ambiance has suddenly gone on another change, instilling fear towards the married couple.

Jack knew what her mother can do, and especially now that she looks serious, he was afraid to even move his finger, let alone fight back. Shane was also like Jack.. being speechless and powerless.

"Hmm.. that's good. It seems that we had made a good deal. By the way.. where are my lovely granddaughter and grandson?" the old woman who was by the married couple has finally had the chance to ask for her purpose on her visit.

"Our.. our children have gone.. into a vacation with their friends." Jack lifelessly said as he glared at his mother.

"Vacation? Does that gay has been included?" the old woman suddenly change her face as she asked with apparent anger.

"Mother.. Rozkarl is.. not gay. He.. he likes our daughter." Shane speaks up for Rozkarl as she truly likes him for their daughter.

"I don't care! My granddaughter can't marry such a person! John is the one who suits her well!" the old woman said angrily.

"Mom! Why.. why do you want to control my daughter's life?! Is.. is it because I didn't listen to you and avoid being an actor?!" Jack asked his mother with teary eyes.. but the old woman was unfazed by that.

"Jack.. i didn't come here for a drama. Stop that look and just call my grandchildren to come here in this house this instant." the old woman said, threateningly.

"Mo--mother, those six can't.. arrive in this house. Hero has projects to do so that's why.. it might take a week for them to come here." Shane said with a secret sneer in her heart.

"Shane, how can you be rude to John? He had come here to meet his future wife, and yet you can call her to come here?" the old woman said as she look at John apologetically.

"But.. mom, you're the one who didn't even inform us in the first place." Jack retorted.

"I don't care. I want to see my grandchildren in this instance!" 

"Moth--mother, I'm sorry.. but those two might come here in ano---" Shane was still about to explain how Nishery and Hero can't come home for a week when suddenly a yell echoed.

"Damn you, Hero! I don't need your help! I can lift my own stuff on my own!" an angry yet quivering voice traveled inside the mansion, making the married couple's faces paled.

"Ah! Why.. why in this time?!" The two simultaneously complain quietly as they become helpless about what's going to happen now. And especially how Jack's mother hears someone cursing her lovely grandson.

The old woman was quite surprised to hear such a loud curse being thrown toward a super familiar name, making her face twitch for a moment. The handsome young man who was quiet all this time also looked towards the door and was anticipating seeing Nishery in person.

Nishery in the photo shown by the old woman was indeed very beautiful.. that's why he also agreed with the offer, but he was still curious to see her personally.

The door suddenly opened, revealing six good-looking figures in their beachwear. Each was carrying a heavy backpack, but the attention of the four figures waiting inside the mansion was on a sweet lovey-dovey couple who walks in each other embrace.

The eyes of Jack and Shane almost dropped to be this unlucky, while the old woman was instantly enraged as her body trembled. John, on the other hand, was just surprised to see how beautiful and handsome the six were, and was now even more interested in the offer he had just accepted.

0