Return (Part 2)
46 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 87: Return (Part 2)

Reimi's perspective

I didn't know what to say, Sir Rigen has behaved very strangely.

According to what I have seen when I was guarding for Her Highness, Sir Rigen was having signs as if he was oversleeping when he was standing. 

But when Sir Rigen opened his eyes and looked at Her Highness, he seemed to be very happy and then rushed toward Her Highness and hugged her, even crying as if he was sad and happy mixed. 

His Majesty later sent the Royal Guards to kill Sir Rigen because he has touched his daughter, I didn't want to kill Sir Rigen. 

I was thinking about making him wounded to capture him and beg His Majesty to forgive Sir Rigen but...Sir Rigen hit me with his magic tool as if I was his enemy.

The next scene was quite gory, Sir Rigen used his powerful magic tool and killed many Royal Guards. The Royal Guards were the best-trained guards in our Warsaw Armed Kingdom Force but got killed easily by Sir Rigen.

Sir Rigen has killed 14 Royal Guards with his magic tool, 1 kill with the sword and made more than 10 wounded, 25 casualties in total, in a short time by using only his powerful magic tool. 

What a terrible scene, I have covered Her Highness's eyes to not let her see the massacre and also luckily that Her Highness has avoided seeing the guard corpses on the ground. 

Sir Rigen has now been cuffed with his subordinates, I was leading him to the jail room, Sir Rigen seemed not to have any resistance but his subordinates had resisted though they resisted because those were the guards' fault.

"Reimi, I'm sorry for what I did to you earlier, don't hate me please, I was scared to harm you so I wanted to knock you off for safety but I failed." - Sir Rigen kept apologizing to me

I didn't want to hate Sir Rigen, I saw that he also regretted hitting me earlier but the way he kept apologizing to me made me madder. I wanted Sir Rigen to shut his mouth off, I need time to calm down.

The basement we walked down earlier was a jail, the jail has been built underground, around the room from the left to the right has a total of 20 rooms, which were the jail rooms. 

Maybe I should jail Sir Rigen and his subordinates in only the jail room. Her Highness told me to treat him and his subordinates well though Sir Rigen's group has a black-haired whore that I very hated.

This whore always showed her emotionless face as if she didn't care about anything, less talk, her voice was weird, always said slow and sometimes said as if to yell at the others, that whore was very different from her little sister. 

Her little sister, Sarah the one who was always sociable, very cute, pure and according to me, she was a bit dumb and very love eating but she was far better than her older sister.

I wanted to jail the whore named Shizuka to another jail room, Baston - the jail keeper could send guards to do anything with her. 

Though I didn't know how would men do to rape women because I didn't see any scene of it, I didn't know about what men's genitals look like, maybe I should stop thinking.

"Reimi - chan, how long until we can get out? I think our Commander must be jailed but sis and I are innocent, I didn't make friends with many people here yet." - Sarah said to me with her question on her face

The girl named Sarah was also lucky when her older sister covered her eyes to not look at the killing scene earlier, she also tried to close her eyes when the killing scene has done. 

She was still scared but not so bad, she also asked me to release her and her older sister but I could not, the order to arrest the two of them was the order from my liege, His Majesty.

"Sorry, Sarah! I can't but I will make sure to release you two as soon as possible, Her Highness is working on it."

"That's so? But what will happen to our Commander? He has killed you people so he will be executed, right? Is there any way to release him too?" - Sarah seemed to be very careful about Sir Rigen too, she was nervous at his fate

"Don't worry, Her Highness will do her best to release all of you but this time remember to behave well in the jail, alright? Or I have to use the word in your homeland, okay?"

"Okay! Reimi - chan!" - Chan, I didn't know what kind of that honorifics, should I ask Sarah?

"Uh, Reimi - chan! Our Commander seems very sad for some reason, should you talk to him about something? You always avoid talking to him, you said we can say freely when we are in the jail, right?"

Uh, I forgot! I just have sent Sir Rigen and his subordinates to the jail but have not gotten them to the jail room yet, let me remember...maybe room 5 to the right was the cleanest jail room.

But where was Baston? In front of me was the work table and a chair next to it, on the table had the fur papers, two ink boxes and two pens to write the names of the prisoners. 

The Warsaw jail has been well used in the earlier coup to arrest the rebels but now it has been empty all, maybe Baston was wandering somewhere and left his job.

The Warsaw jail keeper never had the chance to go outside except to ask for the ruler's permission, even when the days were the rest days or the ceremony days cannot go out. 

Maybe I should tell Sir Rigen and his subordinates to wait here until the jailkeeper comes.

"Reimi - chan, what's wrong?" - Sarah asked me with her confused face, Sir Rigen has lowered his head all the time when he got down here as if he was very depressed for some reason

"Maybe the jailkeeper has gone outside so I will go find him, remember do not go out, I need all of you to behave well."

"Okay, Reimi - chan."

Should I let my hands out of Sir Rigen and his subordinates, but was it fine for me to do? 

Sir Rigen and Sarah seemed to be willing to stay but about the black-haired whore, she was behaving like she was willing to be jailed but I saw she was pretending.

"Ah, Reimi! What's up? Have more prisoners, damn! A man and two women, those two women seem to look good, maybe I should enjoy them myself, hahaha." - A laugh from behind, that was from Baston

I turned around and saw a man with a fat appearance, he wore a black tunic that has two leather gloves and two leather forearm protectors in his hands. An iron club was placed on the left side of his belt to hit the prisoners he was white, bald and has no beard. 

One of the man's eyes has been lost in an incident when he was questioning a rebel in the earlier coup, his right eye has been stabbed by a knife so he lost one of his eyes.

This man was Baston Stym, a low rank noble and also a jail keeper, I didn't know if he was capable or not to be a jail keeper. He was supposed to be commander of the guards before being lowered by His Majesty to jail prisoners.

This man was now quite fat since the last time I met him, maybe the jail has no prisoners for him to watch so...he ate so much?

"Where were you going earlier, Baston? You dare to drop your job? I will report it back to His Majesty."

"No need to be so harsh, knight lady! Here." - Baston pulled out a bag that seemed to have many Gel coins inside, this man wanted me to forgive him or what?

"No corruption here, Baston! I will surely report back to His Majesty."

"Oh, I just wanted to trick you a bit, I have already asked for His Majesty's permission to go out, I was just going to the kitchen to talk with a maid, I have a bit of feeling for her so, you know?"

"Then, what about these prisoners?" - Baston seemed to have a bit excited to see women, but you won't have permission to touch them, though I wanted him to touch the whore named Shizuka!

"Only Sir Rigen here made the fault, the others are his subordinates, they didn't do anything but be jailed by His Majesty's order, that's all."

"Why do you call the prisoners with respect?"

"They are honored guests of Her Highness, there was a misunderstanding during the ceremony so they got here."

"What misunderstanding?" - Can you stop asking! Just jail them!

"Just jail them, alright? Do I have to tell Sir Rigen's guilt? Uh...he accidentally killed our guards so he has been captured to be jailed."

"Ah, remember to treat all of them good, don't think you can touch any one of them." - Must warn him in case he wanted to touch these girls

"Alright, wait for me a bit." - Baston slowly went past me and sat on his work table

"Name, Sir and ladies here?" - Baston grabbed a pen and slowly dip it into the ink box, after dipping the pen, he pulled it out and headed the pen to an empty fur paper

"John Rigen, do I have to spell my name?"

"If you want to, Sir."

"J O H N R I G E N." - Our jail system didn't have that kind of thing to take the prisoners' names, maybe Sir Rigen wanted us to write names precisely, what a good idea!

"Sarah Hatano, S A R A H H A T A N O."

"Shizuka...Hatano...S H I Z U K A...H A T A N O..." - Can't that whore speak normally?

"Alright, I was so surprised to know these prisoners are the nobles, but anyway! Which jail room, Reimi?" - Baston asked me when he has done writing the names, he slowly stored the paper under the cabinet in case to get it out to search for prisoners' names if a prisoner escapes

"The cleanest jail room according to Her Highness's order."

"Alright, please Sir and Ladies follow me to the 5th jail room to the right." - Baston stood up and then raised his hand to the jail room and told us to go with him

Then I led Sir Rigen and his subordinates to the jail room, the room was wide, it had a wooden cage to jail the prisoner, the cage inside has much straw placed on the floor. But I felt the room was still dirty, there was still some dried blood on the floor from the dead rebels, the straw seemed to be old, not placed the new ones yet.

Baston slowly opened the cage door and I led Sir Rigen and his subordinates inside, I hope Sir Rigen and his people won't mind staying in the dirty place like this.

"Sir Rigen, I hope you won't mind staying in this dirty place, this is the best I can provide for the three of you." - I pulled out the dagger from my belt to cut the rope for Sir Rigen

"Don't worry, Reimi! I won't mind, but I hope you can forgive me." - Again, every time Sir Rigen asked me to forgive, I will be mad, no! Calm down! Calm down!

"I hope you will be alright in here, miss Sarah." - I changed to Sarah's hands to cut her rope after cutting the rope for Sir Rigen

"I won't mind, I will try to be friendly with Baston - san, can I?" - Ah, this girl seemed to want to make friends with everyone!

"Of course, but do not follow him anywhere, he is dangerous."

"Hey, don't talk about me so mean like that, Reimi! I may be a fat man but I'm not dirty and bad, I'm very kind!" - Seemed like I have messed with Baston a bit now!

"Hey, Reimi - chan! How can I po-, I mean to defecate and to urinate in this place?" - Sarah asked me, seemed like she was still not used to eating here so she may go to defecate many times like Sir Rigen when he first met me and Her Highness in Tod forest

"There is a restroom at the end of the corner, the left side of the jail, if you want to relieve yourself in there then I will let Sir Rigen follow you, not Baston."

"Hey! I'm not bad!" - Again! Haha! 

"But anyway, I as noble man must keep myself calm and talk like a noble, I cannot behave like a commoner, ahem! I'm very sorry to behave so impolitely to you, Reimi." - Baston has gone silent

"..." - The whore named Hatano didn't say a word when I cut her rope, maybe I will get out here now, I was quite unpleasant to stay with her

Then I walked away from the wooden cage but my hand got grabbed by someone, I looked back and saw that was Sir Rigen, maybe he was still begging for my forgiveness.

"Hey, Reimi! I'm sorry, please forgive me." - Ah! I didn't know what to say!

"Sir Rigen...please listen to me, I don't want to hate you but the way you kept apologizing to me made me hate you more, I'm sorry if I made you lose your trust in me."

"I'm sorry...sigh!" - Sir Rigen seemed to be very depressed

"Commander, you have behaved very strange since you hugged Princess." - Sarah said to Sir Rigen, I didn't know what caused this on him

"Hey, Reimi! Before you go, may I ask you something?" - Sir Rigen said he wanted to ask me, maybe I should hear him a bit, I was trying to make up with him

"Yes, please say, Sir Rigen."

"Did you remember anything or have any pictures on your mind about the words like the third world war, Virginia, nurses, AK 12 Assault Rifle or tall buildings on your head?" - Sir Rigen just have asked me a strange question

Why did he ask me that? Sir Rigen asked me as if I knew about those things, let me think...

Third world war? The world war? The war that covered the entire world? I could consider the war of our humans allied with the other races against the demons 500 years ago as a world war but the third world war? No! I didn't know the detail Sir Rigen meant.

Virginia? Was that the name of someone? Or a location? Didn't know! a nurse...that seemed to be a rank of some system, like nobles? Didn't know!

AK 12, as if that was a code or something but the full detail was AK 12 assault rifle, its name seemed to be a weapon or something, no! Didn't know! About tall buildings...didn't know either!

"No, Sir Rigen! I didn't know what you mean, did you ever tell me about those?"

"You didn't remember, Reimi?" - Sir Rigen held his face as if he was very depressed...he was very sad, I think!

(Commander, why did you ask Reimi - chan about the third world war? Did you remember Modern Warfare after a long time no play?) 

(You also asked her about the other things in our world?) - Sarah asked Sir Rigen in their homeland's language so I didn't know what she said

"Sir Rigen, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine! You have done your work here, Reimi! Why don't you go back to Shera, I mean Princess?" - Sir Rigen was still holding his face and made some sounds as if he was about to tear, maybe I should leave Sir Rigen alone

"I'm going now, Sir Rigen, Sarah and...Shizuka! Your lunch will be brought here in the noon, I'm going now." - I walked away from the cage and then Baston locked the cage and walked with me outside

"The man named John Rigen seems very familiar, I heard his name somewhere." - Maybe the rumors about Sir Rigen's achievement to kill 200 assassins on his own have spread very much, even to this jail keeper's ears

"You may just be misheard about Sir Rigen, Baston! About your excuse, I must ask His Majesty once again to recheck the information, if you are lying, you will be fired."

"Alright." - Maybe this man was telling the truth but I must ask His Majesty for sure

I slowly walked out of the jail, maybe Her Highness was talking to her father in his room.

Shera's perspective

I didn't know what to say, I was now sitting with my father and my brother to discuss Sir Rigen, my father seemed to be mad but he kept calm down, we were now sitting in his room to discuss.

My brother, Hoster was now touching Sir Rigen's and his subordinates' belongings. We have quarreled so much to take the control of those magic tools so our father has decided to store these things in his room.

But seemed like my brother has intentionally joined the discussion with the only purpose to steal those things. Sir Rigen's Advisor was still in his room and the other Advisors of his subordinates were still in their hands, only the guns in this room.

"Hoster, stop touching those magic tools! Those are the others' belongings and also dangerous things, stop playing, my son." 

"Keep studying hard like your little sister, my son! She only has problems being in love with a strange man."

"I'm a Monarch of a Kingdom but cannot deal anything because of you, my daughter." - My father told my brother to stop touching the magic tools and also to scold me when I fell in love with Sir Rigen 

My brother was quite lazy to study, he always spent his money too much, the money that our father gave him to spend while we were escaping from the coup has been used up.

"Here is your tea, Your Majesty." - A maid put down the plate that has the King's tea on the table, she later bowed toward my father and went away

The room we were staying in has two royal guards to guard their ruler and two maids to serve. They have finally heard the story about my love for Sir Rigen though they didn't have many details about the story.

"Maid, guards! Let this Majesty alone with his children for a bit, do not come in without my order." - My father ordered the guards and the maids to get out

"Watch your mouths, do not tell anyone about this story, I'm your ruler so all of you will know what will happen to your families and yourselves if you against my words." - My father also warned the servants

"We understood, Your Majesty." - The guards and the maids slowly walked outside while bowing toward my father

Having power in my hands is very advantageous, I can do anything but now my power is lower than my father's, I must find all ways to save Sir Rigen in this time, I must do anything that I could.

"Knock! Knock! Knock! Your Majesty, I'm Reimi Frieden, can I come in?" - Reimi knocked on the door, maybe she has done jailing Sir Rigen and his subordinates, hope they were still alright

"My daughter, Reimi is your closest guard so she must know very well your love story with that man, I will let her in...I allow you to go in!" - My father allowed Reimi to go inside

"Excuse me, Your Majesty!" - Reimi walked into the room and then stood guard for us

"Your Majesty, this lowly servant hopes you will please answer my question, when I was leading John Rigen and his subordinates to the jail, I met Baston who was wandering outside." 

"Baston said to me he has asked your permission to go out, can this lowly servant verify the story is true or not, Your Majesty?" - Maybe Reimi was so tradition to talk with my father like that!

"The story is true, Reimi! The jail keeper has asked this Majesty to let him go outside, you have done your duty well to recheck information, that's what I want from my daughter's guard."

"This lowly servant thanks your praise, Your Majesty! Your words are like the Goddess's words" - Reimi bowed toward my father and stood straight to do the guard

"Did Sir Rigen and his subordinates get the bad treatment in the jail, Reimi?"

"No, my Highness! Baston has treated all of them well as I could see right now, but I will do my best to recheck if you want."

"Good, Reimi!"

"My little sister, looks like you have been tricked by John Rigen, these things didn't have magic stones, these magic tools look more to be weapons but with complicated made."

"I'm wondering how these things work." - My brother kept touching the guns - magic tools from Sir Rigen's homeland without asking permission from me or our father

"My son! If you don't get here to discuss but to touch things on the table then go away, this Majesty is very mad at your little sister right now." - My father talked to my brother when he was mad but he kept calming

"Your Majesty, please calm your mind down to think more peaceful and wider, your mind can deal with anything if you calm down." - Reimi hoped my father to calm down

My brother has finally stopped touching the magic tools and sat straight on his chair to head to the problem, my father has stopped grunting and started looking straight at me.

"My daughter, you just have matured recently, you still have a very long way to study in your Imperial Academy but now you revealed to me, your father that you are in love with a strange man."

"I will do my best to not get mad, tell me, my daughter! Does John Rigen have anything worth being my son-in-law?"  

"Father, I will be honest, I love Sir Rigen when I first met him, please father! Please accept my love for him!" - I bowed toward my father to show my honest

"My daughter! You are just like your late mother when she first met me." 

"Your mother was in love with me very mad when I was a Prince and now you behaved like her again, I don't know if I should be happy or I should be scared, my daughter." - Why did I want to yawn? Yawn!

"Hope John Rigen will have a chance to marry a second wife if I let him marry you, my daughter. I didn't remarry because I'm still very scared of your mother." - Yawn! Wait! What did my father just say?

"What did you say, father?"

"Ah, nothing! Just pretend like I was talking nonsense, my daughter." - What did my father say before???

"Anyway, does John Rigen know about your love for him, my daughter?"

"No, my father! Sir Rigen didn't know about my love for him, I was about to confess to him during the ceremony but he later hugged me so my mind was a bit..." - I suddenly red my head

"He didn't know anything is good, I just have promoted him to be your tutor, my daughter! Maybe I should reconsider this." - Reconsider? No!

"Please, father! Please keep letting Sir Rigen be my tutor!"

"I didn't force you to marry the Princes from other Kingdoms because I let you decide, my daughter! But I cannot let John Rigen be in a relationship with you, I don't know who he is."

"But please, father! Please let Sir Rigen have the chance to show you that he is worthy."

"About the guards that you told me to execute them, my daughter! I have fired them, they won't be the guards for this Majesty anymore." 

"But to talk about the guards, why did John Rigen behave so aggressive when I ordered the guards to kill him, my daughter?"

"The problem has already been in your talk, my father! You suddenly sent the guards to kill Sir Rigen, everyone in that situation would act the same as him."

"But Sir Rigen is a serious person after all, he doesn't like jokes, he mostly talks seriously so I think maybe he will think seriously too, my father!"

"I think that was why Sir Rigen acted very aggressively earlier, father."

"I have made up my mind, my daughter! I will let John Rigen live and also keep him as your tutor at least for now."

"Do not let that man touch your body and must keep your distance in your talk with him, my daughter!."

"The Warsaw now needs capable men, I don't care where John Rigen came from but when I saw his magic tools and his muscular body." 

"He must not be normal background, must be a very well educated and also well trained in fighting."

Rigen's perspective

Ah! Did someone just mention me? Someone said I'm a very well educated and also not normal background...who?

"What's wrong, Commander?" - Sarah asked me when she was lying on Hatano's thighs, damn! I want to be like her!

Ah, forget it! Maybe I should close my eyes to think a bit!

Shera's perspective

"But I do not know why did he hug you, my daughter! He even asked me to stop the ceremony as if he knew the ceremony has happened"

"He killed my guards but I will send the money to mourning them for their families tomorrow, I temporarily forgive John Rigen's sin." 

"This Majesty wants you to ask John Rigen the reason why did he hug you and why did he stop the ceremony,  force him to say honestly, can you do it, my daughter?"

"Yes, I will, father!"

"About your punishment, my daughter! The Imperial Academy has been closed due to the coup but it will be reopened a week later from now on, you will have to live inside the Academy until I allow you to return."

"But father! That means I and Sir Rigen will be far away!" - Sir Rigen can only get into the Academy at night to teach me! No! No! No!

"I intentionally did it, my daughter! A man and a woman must keep their distance, you don't know if that man intends to do something dirty on you."

"Your body will be humiliated by that man and also you may bear his child if you stay too close with him, daughter! I'm sorry but this is for your safety."

"I don't understand, father."

"You don't know what is make love, my daughter?" - Of course, I didn't know!

"Yes, I didn't know, father! What does it mean?"

"Then you should not know will be better."

"Should I ask Sir Rigen about it, father?"

"No! Absolutely no! This Majesty prohibit you, my daughter!"

"Can you lower my punishment, father?"

"This is the lowest punishment, my daughter! I was thinking about killing John Rigen instead of giving you punishment but I stopped to make you please."

"But John Rigen will stay in the palace, I will have to see how capable he is. Even if he is capable to be your husband then this Majesty must know where is he come from, I want to know everything about him."

"Father, you are too ambitious."

"I must doubt someone before I can believe, my daughter."

"I have also doubted Sir Rigen many times, father! He is trustworthy!"

"Your skill to look at people is still very small compared to this Majesty, my daughter! I'm now still trying to do better to be a good monarch and also to make our Kingdom get stronger like it was before."

"Hoster! Do you hear me?" - My father called my brother, who was sighing

"Yes, father!"

"You are too lazy to study, my son! I think the homeschooling that John Rigen told me this morning is something very worth trying." 

"This Majesty must do anything to force you to study, my son! You don't need to study in Imperial Academy anymore, you will study in the Palace."

"I will hire Sherry Sharri - your childhood friend to be your tutor, my son! She is a very well scholar, she has taught many places, I think only your childhood friend can help you learn."

"Thank you, father!"

"Why did you behave so happy, my son? But remember not to do anything with your childhood friend, she hasn't loved anyone and hasn't married, you know?"

"Maybe I have troubled you so much, my daughter! Now go to see John Rigen, I will hand over these belongings to you, Hoster will trouble a lot if he touches these."

"You can go now, my daughter! This Majesty allows you to leave."

"Thank you, father." - I slowly stood up and then gathered Sir Rigen's and his subordinates' belongings, maybe I should see him now, it was about noon

3