A Strange Encounter (Part 1)
2.1k 4 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: A Strange Encounter (Part 1)

I had already been there, at the area that SA had told me to go to, I was now hiding in a bush, watching the situation.

The sounds of fighting could be heard from where I was hiding, I still waiting for what would happen next.

I saw something! There were two girls, I didn't know how to say but they were all wearing armors.

But the red-haired one wore iron armor and the blonde-haired one wore the leather armor they also brought swords. They were running around me as if to hide away from something. 

Luckily I was now in a bush so they didn't see me, they were hiding from something.

The girls were now sneaking behind a tree, I saw ten people coming out from where those girls ran earlier. They were searching for the girls. 

The girls were now stepping closer behind the tree they were hiding. 

One of those people found the girls, but the red-haired girl swung a sword at his throat, that man died instantly.

The girls were now surrounded by remaining people, those girls were struggling to fight for their lives. 

The curly long blond-haired girl from one of those girls didn't notice there was a man who was close to her from behind.

That man swung a sword's hilt to the girl's head with a strong blow and that girl passed out after getting hit. 

The other girl, the red-haired one that had the long hair to her left shoulder was now very panicked when she saw her comrade passed out.

Then the girl swung her sword repeatedly at the attackers, she quickly exhausted, trying to take her breath.

The girl was trying to take her breath while doing a guarding stance with her sword. 

One of the attackers managed to get behind her when she was not attention.

He was about to thrust his sword into the girl's heart or to raise his sword above to swing down her head from behind.

"Bang!"

I fired a shot, how could I stand there to let those people hurt the women, and also the people who got attacked! 

The attentions were now toward me, the attacker that I shot, it was a headshot so he dropped dead instantly.

The red-haired girl and the other attackers were now panicked at the gunshot, four of the attackers ran away but I also shoot them all.

I managed to shoot through the heads because they were very close to me but I felt I was lucky to have those 4 headshots. I didn't know what to say, I shot them when I saw them start running away from me without thinking about the consequences. 

I just have killed 5 people with my M4, for some reason, I acted very riskily without thinking of other ways to deal with the problem.

But wait! I should have fired some warning shots before shooting them if they caused the dangerous thing to the red-haired girl and her friend, how stupid I was!!! What should I do now!

But for some reason, why I didn't regret killing these people? Did I use to kill without regret for a long time before this?

A US Marine or any kind of soldier in this planet's military is trained to kill without mercy and emotion. But...we are all humans, we have emotions so we will regret, hesitate before killing and after killing someone.

Why did I kill these people without having regret or hesitation? Did my head have some problems in thinking? Someone please answer me what the fuck was happening here and why did I act so crazy like this!

Maybe I should stop thinking now! Go to jail and think about it, must calm down the red hair girl first, she was very cautious with me and also glared her eyes at the others around her for some reason. 

Maybe she was acting on an action screen that looked too real with those men and I just have misunderstood and killed them accidentally.

The red-haired girl who was shocked at the gunshots had calmed down and suddenly sliced the remaining attackers, the attackers didn't react in time so she killed sliced them all at a very fast speed. 

She sliced the sword to the attackers' throats and shoulders. Some of them were wounded, did not die and lay on the ground in pain so the red-haired girl stabbed them to die with a stab to their throat.

All ten attackers were now dead, even if they were wearing armor, they could not stand against guns. The red-haired girl was also skilled in killing them with her sword, she knew very much about the weak parts of a human's body. 

The red-haired girl was now pointing her sword toward me, she slowly stepped back to her friend, trying to pick up her with high caution.

"Hey, girl! I'm not your enemy! I just, just lost directions, you know?"

"Do you know where is this place? I need to know how to return to Virginia, I've lost my way about less than an hour ago."

"And why did those people attack you and your friend, you and they wear very strange clothes you know? You were filming and acting medieval movies with them?"

"I know I will face the laws because of killing people but they had tried to kill you and your friend, or the way you people acted in the fight scene was so real to me so..." 

"So I think if they were trying to hurt you for real, then I have made the right choice to save you two."

"Otherwise, I have killed people and have to face the laws, I'm sorry if I killed your co-workers!"

The girl kept staring at me, not saying a word, she tilted her head as if to figure out what I was saying. 

"Wh ar yo? Wher di yo com fro? Wha kin o magi weapo yo ar holdin i you hand?" 

( Who are you? Where did you come from? What kind of magic weapon you are holding in your hands) - The girl asked me in panic, what she was saying?

"I'm not your enemy! I just lost my way!"

"Kee you distanc! Sta awa fro He Highnes! D no ge close!" ( Keep your distance! Stay away from Her Highness! Do not get closer!)

I didn't know what was the girl saying but I tried to be friendly. At the way this girl acted, maybe the people that I and her killed before truly wanted to harm her and her friend...or I just have concluded too soon.

Oh! After looking closer at the red hair girl, I noticed something on her armor, I should look closer for gathering the details.

The armor the red-haired girl was wearing looked to be made of leather, its shoulders had two plates looked to be made of iron to cover the shoulders.

The armor had a plate that also looked to be made of iron too, that thing covered the girl's chest, the belly part and the sleeves were the leather material.

The girl was now holding a sword which had a normal length, about 70 or 80 or centimeters or longer (2,3 or 2,63 feet), the sword itself looked seemed to be a European sword.

The girl was wearing two leather gloves with long white forearm protectors in her hand, the design of the forearm protectors seemed wide to me because they covered most of her forearm.

The girl's legs had two white iron boots and also had two white knee protectors, also made of iron.

But the thing that made me focus the most was the thing that looked to be a red crest on the girl's armor's right chest. 

The crest was red, round-shaped and had an emblem of a man who looked to be a Knight who raised the sword above the sky with a round shield below his hand. 

The Knight's posture was marked on the crest as if showing the victory sign. I was wondering what that was but I stayed silent and slowly lowered my M4 to show my friendliness to the girl.

If the red-haired girl suddenly attacks me...I will have no choice but to shoot her. Maybe I will kill her to end her suffering too, this strange forest now has only me, the red-haired girl and her friend who was now fainted.

I don't know where I am exactly, no one may know us here to rescue but I will try to not do anything to harm these girls, I hope I can do it.

A few minutes had passed, the girl didn't see me have any hostility to her so she slowly lowered her sword and later returned it to her scabbard.

Then she carried her friend with two hands, going back to the place where they were running. So the people that attacked these girls earlier truly wanted to hurt them.

Oh! I was a bit shocked, there were dozens of corpses around the place, and some of the corpses were around the trail. 

Looked like about ten of the corpses that were lying on the ground near a broken carriage were the red-haired girl's people. I came to that conclusion because the corpses wore the armors similar to the girl, only different from the size of the armors. 

A carriage got stuck around there, that thing must be these people's previous vehicle, but who would use a thing like this for transport in this era???

Silent is gold, I must shut my mouth off to gather the info.

The red-haired girl then placed her friend on a tree nearby, checking her wounds.

I was now curious, why did those girls wear armors? Why did they bring swords like the attackers, did I just get back in the past?

I must keep silent in these situations, must have more info before doing anything!

After checking the wounds, luckily that the girl that passed out didn't have any wounds. 

The red-haired girl looked very happy, she placed her friend inside the carriage, waiting for her to wake up.

I also followed the red-haired girl inside the carriage, she was still cautious about me. 

I didn't know what to say to her, how could I say to her when I didn't know anything about the language she spoke?

"John! This place is not Virginia, maybe you can find a way to go back to your place somehow but not today, just keep following the girls."

"Try to understand the girl's language, I can help you to learn but it needs more time when I have to gather the info before translating the language into English."

"Try to talk with that girl by using body language and hand language, good luck!" - SA suddenly said to me

"Waah!" - The red-haired girl stepped back farther and was about to draw her sword, she was scared when she heard a "metal box" that could talk

"Wha i tha thin? Ho di tha meta bo can tal?" (What is that thing? How did that metal box can talk) - The red-haired girl said in a panic, again

"Uhh! John, turn on the Special Conversation, that girl won't be able to calm down when she hears the things that are beyond her knowledge!"

I immediately surfed around the screen of SA to find the Special Conversation. I found it finally, and I turned it on.

"From now on, John! You will talk to me by using your brainwave, the conversation can only be heard by only you, that might help!"

The red-haired girl had now calmed down, then I heard her belly was gulping, looked to be hungry. 

That girl looked at me then looked around to find food, then I took a Chocolate Bar from my bag and gave it to her.

"Wha i tha littl meta bo?"( What is that little metal box) - The girl looked curious

Ohh! I forgot to remove the wrapper. How could I let an "ancient girl" eat the foods from the 21st century when that person didn't know about the definition of "wrapper"?

After removing the wrapper, I gave that girl the Chocolate Bar, she looked around, even sniffed it to identify whether it was dangerous or not. 

After the check progressed, she dropped the Chocolate into her mouth and ate well as if nothing happened.

After eating that Chocolate, she raised her hands, as if to beg me for more, I handed over another chocolate bar to her.

This time I didn't remove the wrapper, the girl struggled to remove the wrapper. After removing it, she also ate it well.

After eating two Chocolate bars, the red-haired girl looked full, she checked her friend again, that girl was still fine. 

I had remembered what SA told me earlier, to learn the new language. Maybe I have been sent to the past, or somewhere else, must be used to it.

At least I must introduce myself to the girl at once, must know how to call each other first.

"John, John Rigen!" - I introduced my name to the red-haired girl

That girl after hearing my name, her eyes opened wider.

"Reimi, Reimi Frieden!" - That girl also introduced her name to me

I tried to repeat Reimi's name repeatedly, and that girl also repeated my name with the curious on her face. 

A few seconds later, Reimi looked outside, seeing her dead people and then she looked at me.

"Pleas, Si Rigen! Ca yo pleas di grave fo m peopl, pleas? Whil I tak car o He Highnes!"

( Please, Sir Rigen! Can you please dig graves for my people, please! While I take care of Her Highness!) - Reimi pointed her hands out of the carriage to the corpses of her people and held my hands, as if to beg me

"Okay! Let me do that for you, Reimi! You take care of your friend, okay!"

"Okay?" - Reimi seemed curious about my answer

Then I went out of the carriage, I managed to bring my military shovel with me so it was not so hard to dig graves for Reimi's people. 1 more hour later passed.

Man! I was exhausted right now while digging alone, the graves had now maybe big enough for 10 people.

I was not as nervous as before anymore, I had calmed down a little bit. 

I was just an orphan and I didn't even have a girlfriend or someone worth to be missed back at my home so I didn't miss my homeland that much.

No! I still miss it, cannot go back to my home anymore made me a little sad. 

But I didn't have time to think, I must move on for now.

When I was about to bring Reimi's people's corpses to the graves, I heard her voice inside the carriage, looked to be very happy.

"O, M Highnes! Finall yo ar awak!"(Oh, My Highness! Finally you are awake!) - Reimi said happily, maybe I should go in to see why she did that

43