Comrade
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 181: Comrade

Rigen's perspective 

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Alright, we managed to come to No Man Zone in time to have a meeting when it was about to get dark, we were in a basement which was located to be from underground. According to King Ralla before the four of us headed inside here, this basement used to be a headquarters of the elves during the war 500 years ago, now it was abandoned.

Because this place was a war remnant that was abandoned, many dirty things remained in this place for a long time so the elf and the beastmen guards joined hands to clean this meeting place. We were now sitting inside a room which seemed to be a war room of the generals or something, there were 4 wide tables from 4 sides, chairs were all made of thick stones.

"Hmmmm...please, you people don't be serious anymore, it's just a little talk, please say something..." - Sarah was confused when the people in the meeting were very quiet

I was sitting alongside Hoster, Hatano and Sarah on the east side table while the Kings of other Kingdoms were sitting on the west side table. Strangely that the people inside this room were joining a meeting but all of them were armed with weapons as if bringing weapons into a meeting was normal to them.

I and Sarah had turned off our Advisors to let them charge the battery, now the women soldiers who had escorted us to this basement were guarding seriously on the ground. Elves and beastmen royal guards were also joining to guard the basement alongside the women soldiers, now the meeting room was very quiet, someone must talk.

"It's good to see you rulers sitting inside this room and willing to have a talk with me." - Hoster talked to the Kings while pulling a long wooden crate on the floor to place it on the table 

"During the way to get here, I brought some gifts for you people, I hope these things can tighten our relationships from strangers to friends." - Hoster slowly pushed the crate to the next table and two elf Kings took it and pulled it closer to them 

The Kings of other Kingdoms willingly took the crate and then made out a face as if they were wondering what had Hoster given to them, seemed like these people did not get used to being bribed like us. Because I did not know the full names of these Kings inside this room but could only know the names they would use to call each other, maybe I should head straight to remember.

Alright, alongside King Ralla of Jung Kingdom, there were also two other elven Kingdoms which were the fellows of the elves and Beastmen Kingdom which was the elves' ally. King Ralla was sitting between King Mapra of Wald Kingdom and King Scorar of Chugel Kingdom - who were the elves like King Ralla, I could distinguish the elves because of their pointy ears and their slim bodies.

But the one who was sitting beside King Scorar was the ruler of the  Beastmen Kingdom, he was named Shiva - who seemed to be a tiger. Elves were easy to distinguish since they mostly had the same physique due to their lifestyle and eating behaviors, but King Shiva seemed to be very tall, big and muscular with his dense furs body, quite old.

Who should I describe first, huh? Maybe I would start with King Shiva, he was a beast whose species was a tiger, yellow skin and black stripes all over his body, he had wide ears to hear. This tiger King also had sharp brown eyes and long yellow fur hair, his beard was very dense and hard, King Shiva was curious about the long wooden crate.

This King wore a dense fur brown leather coat which seemed very thick made, he wore leather gloves and was armed with a short curved sword on the left side of the belt. About the sword he was bringing, it looked very similar to a KA-BAR knife but was made to be longer from the blade to the handle to look like a sword, the blade was made to be a bit curve to slash easier.

About King Mapra of Wald Kingdom, he was an elf, white, had blue eyes and long brown hair, he seemed to be a bit bigger than the other elves. This King was wearing a blue coat while was armed with a green dagger which was strapped on a holster on his back, he looked slim like the other elves.

About King Scorar of the Chugel Kingdom, he was an elf, white, had green eyes and blonde long-haired, he was the slimmest in this room. This King wore a green coat while being armed with a green dagger which was placed on a holster on his back, this King also wore green glasses, he looked more like a scholar than a King according to my perspective.

"Ummmm..." - Sarah was a bit nervous when the meeting did not have many talking sounds, she was looking at the reactions of the other Kings

"Ohh, what is this thing?" - King Shiva was quite surprised when he opened the cover of the long wooden crate, the other Kings were also looking inside the crate with their curiosity

During the journey to this basement, Hoster had explained to me further, the crates he asked Hatano and Sarah to stock under the carriage's seats had muskets and bullets inside, he wanted to gift these Kings. But only one crate was brought inside this meeting room, the other ones were left behind the carriage out there to let the women soldiers guard them, only waiting to be brought inside as ordered by Hoster.

"This thing looks so splendid and detailed, were the dwarves made this strange wooden rod?" - King Shiva asked us while staring at the musket's barrel, he also touched the gun's surface to feel its detailed 

"These balls...are these bullets? But what are these black powders?" - King Mapra took out a cartridge inside the crate and removed the bark and later poured out some gunpowder and a metal ball on the table

"The previous Demon Lord used to develop this type of weapon, this thing is called a musket..." - King Ralla took the musket from King Shiva and kept staring at its details 

"Ohhh...so you know what this thing is, King Ralla? Lord Hatano is the one who invented this weapon by taking my fund." - Hoster slowly raised his hand to Hatano to show the other Kings in the room to let them know about her

"Musket?" - King Shiva was quite bewildered about hearing that word, he later took again the musket and examined this weapon for a bit longer

"It's an honor for me to have a chance to meet you heroes here, Sir Ralla told me about your appearances a long time ago..." - King Scorar bowed to us slowly 

"You people reminded me of the heroes who went to this world 500 years ago, we used to help the demons to create these muskets, it's a nostalgia feeling." 

"Heroes?" - Hoster seemed to be cautious about us now, I wanted to know his reaction

"Yes, King Hoster! The Lords in front of you are the heroes who have been sent here by the Goddess." - King Ralla later pointed to us to explain to Hoster

"But there are not many clues and information about their appearances so that's why you people could not find these heroes."

"I, King Ralla of Jung Kingdom would like to represent on behalf of my elves people to pay a sorry for the lost of Ruhe Kingdom."

"I heard that Kingdom is recently being rebuilt by its around nations, that's good information to know about the solidarity of you humans." - Actually, the Kingdoms around Ruhe were annexing its destroyed territory as much as possible 

"Thanks for the information, King Ralla...I almost forgot about the heroes and the ceremony since the Demon Lord prohibited us from summoning them." - Hoster later stared at us but didn't say anything

"But that's the past, heroes are no use to kill the Demon Lord anymore...but if they can be useful to me...that would be good to know."

"This weapon seems to be a long-range type like bows and crossbows...can you explain to me what it is, Sir Ralla?" - King Shiva was curious when he put the metal ball into the musket's barrel while dipping the metal rod into the barrel as if he was figuring how to use this weapon 

"That's a long story, I will let you know after this meeting, Sir Shiva."

"Alright." - King Shiva slowly put the musket inside the crate and then closed the cover, inside the crate was full of 60 bullets and a musket, Hoster wanted to bribe these Kings for an advantage meeting 

"May I ask you the reason for gifting us this strange weapon, Sir Hoster?" - King Shiva asked Hoster

"I heard that you beast people love weapons and alcohol...I just want to show my friendliness for this meeting."

"Also, there are still 3 more crates outside, I can order the guards to bring them inside here for you people to take, to tighten our long-term alliance."

"I would like to receive this weapon, Sir Hoster...but I would say it straight, my people don't want to ally with humans since we used to be their slaves." - King Shiva slowly returned the crate to His Majesty

"That's alright, Sir Shiva...if you rulers over there have a need to own this thing, why don't you take it as a present?" - Hoster slowly looked at the other Kings in the room 

"No, Sir Hoster...our work is based on honestly, not bribing...you should not give us this gun just for that reason, please don't do it anymore." - King Scorar rejected Hoster

"We would willing to hear your talk in this meeting before deciding to form the alliance with Warsaw, Sir Hoster...but not by bribing us." - King Ralla said to Hoster 

After taking those criticisms, Hoster went silent as if he was figuring out how to deal with these Kings, maybe I should do something for him now. About Hatano, she was looking at the people as if she was waiting for them to talk more before opening her mouth, what was on her mind?

"Sir Hoster...please listen to us, we would say it straight right away." - King Ralla after a few seconds of silence, he slowly said to Hoster

"We are very appreciated and honor to have this kind of meeting, it makes us feel like we are allying with humans to do some sacred duty."

"But...this alliance is about your Kingdom against other Kingdoms...no one of us would help without having benefits, our people would not agree to make the alliance."

"I hope you can find other good allies to protect your home, not us but other humans' Kingdoms can...please take care, Sir Hoster." - King Ralla later stopped his speech and pointed his head to other Kings

"We have made up our decisions before coming here, Sir Hoster! Similar to Sir Ralla, I will also reject." - King Scorar slowly opened his speech

"Our elven people used to be the human's slaves, I know I cannot dig the history out to say that's the reason for us to not allying with you humans but our people don't agree."

"Also, our new generation has been living in peacetime for so long, they don't know what a war looks like...we don't also want to invade."

"I know Warsaw Kingdom is very struggling against Attenta and its vassal states, I know your purpose for asking us to make this meeting."

"But...we would have benefits in return, we used to be kind but cannot be kind blindly...I'm a ruler who makes the fate of my homeland."

"Sorry for rejecting for allying, Sir Hoster...please be lucky with the other friendly Kingdoms someday." - It was hard for Warsaw to make good relationships with other previous friendly Kingdoms in only 5 months, losing the war was obvious 

"About my opinions, Sir Hoster...rejecting would be the answer but I let your Kingdom's people get access to mine if the war comes out." - Now King Mapra was making his speech

"But as two other Kingdoms' decisions, your Kingdom's people cannot get to their borders to reach us but can only use the boats to head from Wald beach to my Kingdom." - Finally, someone was about to help us

"But heading to my Kingdom would take your people days, they must prepare the boats and food before going."

"I would also put troops around the beach in case the hostile troops come to hunt the people, if they dare to attack us, we would join the alliance with Warsaw."

"As your people reach the border of my Kingdom, our soldiers would save them and temporarily give their camp to the refugees...I would consider what should I do next after that." - King Mapra later stopped his speech and pointed to King Shiva 

Maybe I should think a bit, the location that King Mapra mentioned earlier was called Wald beach which was located on the west side of No Man Zone - linked with Wald border. As the people from Warsaw go to the beach and use the boats to escape from the war for refugees, Wald Naval soldiers would save the people as they reach to Wald Kingdom's sea border.

Maybe this meeting would lead to nothingness, Hatano was closing her eyes as if she was thinking about the solutions...or she had already had it. I also had an alternative solution too, Attenta King only had a child - Queen Stella Foss of Warsaw Kingdom, assassinate the King would make him have no heirs.

In that case, Stella could divorce and then return to Attenta to replace her deceased father since the King's children were the only ones who could succeed on his throne officially. If my sister-in-law was willing to stay in Warsaw for the rest of her life then she would be part of Warsaw's royal, Attenta would be in chaos when there was no one to succeed the King.

I didn't have any clues about Attenta Queen - Stella's mother, didn't even know if she was existing or not or had deceased a long time ago. Because when I was having a break alongside Stella to eat the meal boxes from my wife, this Queen told me a story about her mother, I should have listened to it carefully instead of hearing it carelessly.

Well, as I could remember well, Stella told me that her mother used to be a fighter in the arena which was located on a peninsula in Kuste Kingdom, her mother used to be a Kuste citizen. She was also a champion of that peninsula arena but was tragically raped once by many fighters because of her attractive appearance in the arena.

Stella's mother used to be a commoner in Kuste Kingdom, Attenta King on occasion visiting the peninsula arena to watch the versus between the fighters alongside Kuste King accidentally found Stella's mother in a fight. Alright, the King later fell in love with the beautifulness of Stella's mother so he married her and a short time after their marriage, they gave birth to Stella - she was a crossbred child.

But Stella's identity was quite complicated because my sister-in-law was stupid or either too pure to say the truth or something, she told me nearly all about her background. There were rumors that Stella was not a child whose blood belonged to Attenta King but a one who raped Stella's mother, her father was also rumored to be sterile, hmmmm.

Didn't know what to think, my sister-in-law was very honest stupidly when she said everything without hiding, poor that she had a bad husband who was using her freely. 

Alright, as long as the King dies but the Queen remains, Attenta and its vassal states would still threaten Warsaw Kingdom, must get rid of Stella's mother and her father wisely. If the assassination was either successful or failed but the rulers find out the assassins came from Warsaw, it would be more dangerous for this nation to stand against the invasion, must have a way out.

Because Attenta's vassal states would only invade Warsaw when their boss nation does it, killing the King, the Queen, the Prime Minister and manipulating Stella to stay here forever would make those Kingdoms in chaos. When the rulers have no heirs, the Lords and the officials of Attenta would make out the coups, but assassinating in this time was too risky, must find the chaos time to do that for sure, must succeed.

I must ask Hatano to do the research by sending her to Attenta and other vassal states for finding the clues to fight against their armies and finding the status of Stella's mother to see if she was still alive or not, tired now. No, not just only Hatano but also other agents, I should have made this spy mission since Hoster announced to me about the war, how stupid I was to skip that period of time, now only had 5 months left!

Wait...maybe I could have asked Stella instead, her honesty would reveal to me if her mother was still alive or not, I thought too much now. But to make sure, I would stick to the first plan, must send Hatano and other agents to Attenta and other vassal states to do the mission, didn't have much time so I would order Hatano to do it as I come home.

"Alright, now's my turn." - King Shiva slowly took a breath and was about to make his speech, I would stick to the plan to ally with these Kingdoms, at least we must have the allies to fight instead of doing it alone 

"As the other rulers said, Sir Hoster...before coming here, I had made out a vote to know my people's thoughts about this alliance..."

"Most of my people said no to the alliance because they are having their own lives, they don't want to join the war in which their homeland would have no benefits in return."

"Also, we used to be the human's slaves...but I cannot give out that reason not to allying, but I can see that Warsaw needs help from us."

"Uhhhh...about the society and the lifestyle, we have to learn more from Warsaw...a daughter of a friend of mine is studying in your nation, Sir Hoster...maybe I will help you."

"I'm willing to send some of the troops to Warsaw, head them to the frontline to help Warsaw army to fight against those Kingdoms when the war comes...but only from 5.000 to 15.000 troops, not more."

"Uhhh...may I have a speech?" - Sarah stood up and raised her right hand to ask the people in the room if she could talk or not

"Of course, Lord Sarah." - King Ralla made up the answer

"Ok..." - Sarah slowly put her hands on the table and lowered her body a bit as if she was thinking about the things she wanted to talk

"Can't you people form the alliance with us?"

"Some of us want to, Lord Sarah! But our people don't want, our Kingdoms would have no benefits in the return."

"Hmmmm...may I help you people against the starvation?" - How dumb you were, Sarah!

"Our elven lands never faced starvation...but reverse, we have redundant of food...about the land of the beast people, they also don't face any starvation."

"Uhhhhhhh!" - Sarah made out a moan as if she was crying or something

"Hmmm..." - After moaning, Sarah kept thinking about the solutions

"Lord Sarah, the people in my country love fighting and drinking, we would like Warsaw laws to let foreigners become the fighters in the arena and even export good alcohol to my country, that's all."

"But alcohol is not good for developing a country at all..."

"Please...at least if you people don't want to ally us then must have to let the women, children and the old to refugee in your lands during the wartime...please!" - Now Sarah was making her sobbing face 

"Ummm..." - The other Kings in the room kept staring at each other while expressing their confusion

"Please...free education, free citizen cards or free tours to Warsaw, anything you want!" - Maybe her cuteness would make the meeting positive

"But we can onl-"

"Pleaseeeeeeeee!"

"Uhhhh..." - All of them were now very confused so these Kings were looking at each other and then whispered as if they were heading toward their last decisions 

Now the Kings were sitting closer to each other while whispering in a language that I couldn't understand or even heard what they were saying precisely, Sarah was still standing. Well, she was standing while sobbing to wait for the answer, Hatano had closed her eyes deeply as if she was sleeping and didn't care about the progress of the meeting.

About Hoster, he was glaring at the other Kings sneakily as if he was intending to do something to them, this time was quite late, 10:59 PM. After this meeting, I would return to the Palace to pick up my wife and my servant and then head home to sleep, we would have to finish the previous and the next work papers tomorrow, quite busy tomorrow.

I would have to order Hatano to send the best Green Marine members and herself to sneak inside Attenta and other Kingdoms to find out the ways of the organization of their militaries. Also finding Attenta King and the Queen, locating the Attenta Palace, drawing its sketches detailedly in case I order Hatano to send out the special forces to assassinate the rulers.

I also need to think about the escape mission to Zaira village, must order the soldiers in Krieg Base to dig more tunnels and the ways out, I would escape with my family during wartime to hide King Hoster. After thinking, I looked back and realized that the other Kings had done discussing with each other and now were looking at us.

"We have made up our decisions, Lord Sarah...though forming the alliance is hard but we would do our best to form it in the short time." - King Ralla seemed to be representative of the others

"But there are 3 conditions that we want to have in order to ally Warsaw."

"First, our elves want to have the right to be treated as humans after the war."

"Second, the beast people also want to be treated as humans after the war."

"Third, we only ally with Warsaw in order to help your nation to protect the homeland against the enemies, in the case when Warsaw invades the other Kingdoms, we would stop allying."

"If you people can respond to those 3 conditions, we will open the border gates to save the refugees."

"Because our elven armies are only getting used to the guerilla warfare so we would not send out soldiers to the frontline."

"We would deploy our troops around No Man Zone to set up traps and assist Warsaw and Jager military to fight against Attenta during the wartime by using guerilla warfare."

"About the beastmen, King Shiva doesn't want to sacrifice too much of the people so he is only willing to send about less than 30.000 troops to the frontline."

"That's all I can tell for you, Sir Hoster...allying or not would be your choice." 

"Maybe we have the deal, Sirs." - Hoster showed his unsatisfied face while looking at King Ralla

"But what if I demand more?"

"Then we would have to longer our meeting for the results, Sir Hoster." 

After having the deal, both sides had gone silent while Sarah slowly sat down on the chair and Hatano lazily opened her eyes, maybe this was the end of the meeting, a bit positive. 

"Sir Hoster, we would willing to do our best, we would try to persuade our people to let us ally Warsaw."

"But the alliance would be formed or not would depend things on your demands, don't be too ambitious and complicated."

"Understood, Sirs...should we head somewhere to have a drink?" 

"Thanks for your generosity, Sir Hoster...but we have to be an indulgence to our job, our nations cannot be stable even a day without us, thanks for the invitation."

The Kings later whispered to each other once again and then looked at us, maybe they were about to say something very important.

"We've made up our decisions, the alliance would be formed two weeks later, right in this location...would be held at the evening of the 7th evening bell."

"If you don't demand anything else then that would be the answer for ou-"

"Your Majesties, please hide!" - A scream suddenly sounded in the room, it came out from the door as I heard it was opened

"Ahhhhh!" - Sarah screamed as if she was scared or something

I immediately looked at the door and saw a beastman royal guard, his face was full of nervousness while both of his hands were bleeding terribly. After being aware, the other Kings and my subordinates stood up and I pulled out my M1911 pistol because I knew something bad had happened outside when we were making the meeting, quite bad!

"What's wrong!?" - King Shiva asked the guard in a loud voice

"We are being attacked, Your Majes-"

"Arrrgghhhhhhhhhh!" - The guard later fell to the ground and his back exposed to us, it was stuck with dozens of knives

The Kings immediately formed their fighting stances while Sarah panicked pulling out her pistol but Hatano was very calm at what she was witnessing, I was quite tense. Seconds later, two men with black cloaks with hoods breached inside the room, they were armed with knives and short swords, they must be the ones who attacked this place!

"Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!" - I shot two men by shooting one shot to the chests and a final shot to the heads since the distance was close, two of them later fell but I missed a shot to a head

"Bang!" - I shot to the head of an attacker that I missed earlier

"Sarah, Hatano, protect the VIPs!" - After giving the order to my subordinates, I moved out of the room while pointing my pistol around the place

As I walked outside of the room, something suddenly flew past me but I looked in the direction of the shot and saw a black cloak man. 

"Arrghhhh!" - That man threw another knife at me but I dodged it but it hit King Scorar to his right shoulder

"Bang! Bang!" - I shot the attacker two shots and he fell to the floor

"Stay behind me quickly, Lord Rigen!" - King Mapra ordered me to stay behind him when he was taking the lead while pointing his palm which was holding a rectangle earth wall

I immediately stood behind King Mapra while pointing my pistol out of the uncovered area, our group kept walking while looking around the area cautiously to see the enemies. After walking for dozens of seconds, we found some corpses of the guards who died in this underground place, now I must do something to get out of this place.

"We have a backup exit on the end of this base, follow me, I will lead you the path!" - King Ralla later pushed King Mapra behind him and pointed out another earth shield

I was scouting the area forward while Sarah was panicked scouting the area behind us, the way to the alternative exit was quite dark because that area was not lighted. When I was about to turn on my military flashlight which was strapped to the right chest of my uniform, King Hoster had made a fire in his palm to light up the place.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!" - I heard gunshots from behind, when I peeked, there was a corpse on the ground, Sarah had killed an attacker 

"Commander, behind me!" - Sarah yelled and I later realized that a bunch of attackers who wore black cloaks was standing behind us

King Ralla immediately covered Sarah by using the earth shield, he even extended the shield's size and walked reserve moves while pointing his finger behind to show us the way we should go to find the exit way. Many throwing sounds could be heard from forward of me, King Ralla was doing his best to protect us, after walking as he instructed, we managed to find a small stone room.

Inside the room was a wide stone hole on the roof which seemed to be a well, there was a rope that was strapped from the top of the well to the ground, this was the exit way. While the other rulers were choosing a person to climb up the well, I and Sarah swiftly hid behind the sides of the room's entrance, I peeked out and saw dozens of attackers were searching for us, quite many!

"Climb up quick! Climb up quick!" - When the others were shouting, I pulled out my M67 grenade and pulled its pin and threw it out of the entrance 

"Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Clak!" - I pointed my pistol out to shoot a few more shots and later ran out of ammo so I dropped the magazine on the floor and reloaded

"Boom!"

"Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!" - As the grenade exploded, I pointed my reloaded pistol out to shoot again

"Ohhhhhh!" - A very shocked voice came out from Hoster

I peeked behind and saw a bit, not so precisely but I saw a figure of a man who seemed to be an attacker who was painfully standing up with his battered body, he looked so painful. According to my analysis, the man's battered appearance seemed to be caused by jumping down the well or something, the man later charged at Hoster with his wounded body.

"Urrrghhhhhhhhh! Don't get here!" - Hoster panicked and powerfully shoved the man toward Sarah, what the fuck he was thinking!

"Bang! Bang!" - The shove was very hard and Sarah fell as the man bumped into her so she accidentally dropped her pistol and I saved Sarah by shooting at the man's back

"Get out!" - I later saw Hoster shove King Mapra away when he was the next one who was climbing the rope

Hoster seemed to be very coward because he took the rope when it was not his turn, he was climbing on the top of the well, scared and nervous, he didn't care about our lives, just only cared about himself. That was time I realized that I missed the moment behind me so I pointed the pistol out of the entrance while trying to spot the enemies, the area was very dark, cannot see!

"Bang! Clak!" - After shooting at a dark figure, I saw my pistol run out of ammo once again so I changed the magazine and pointed my pistol outside

"Bang! Bang! Bang!" 

"John, let's head outside!" - Sarah called me when I was looking around the place outside of the room to see if there were still any enemies or not

When I made sure there were no enemies outside, I looked behind and saw the room only now had Sarah, Hatano and me, the other VIPs had gone to safety, it was good news. This stupid girl suddenly pulled me out of the entrance when I wanted to look back once again before going, though I wanted to escape first but could not let my subordinates get in danger, they would escape first!

"You go first, Sarah!"

"But!"

"Go now!"

"What are you doing, sis!?" - Sarah was confused when Hatano put her hands on the rope, this big sister even took Sarah's pistol and some magazines 

"You go, Sarah! Don't worry, John would be fine!" 

"I will climb fast! Please be careful!" - Sarah later tried to climb up the well as fast as possible to let us have the chance to survive

"I will be the last to escape, Commander...remember that you owe me this time." - Hatano later pointed the pistol to the entrance, I nodded to thank her and then looked back at the entrance 

"Urrrghhhhhhhhh!" - A figure charged at me and both of us fell to the floor, I accidentally dropped my pistol

"Arrrrrggghhhhhhhhh!" - The one who was crushing me was choking me by using his huge hands, why Hatano didn't shoot him?

"Smash!" - While being choked, that was hard for me to fight back but I managed to make a hard punch to the man's face and he let off me after that

"Arrrhhhh!" - I grunted while leaning my hand toward my pistol, as I grabbed it, I pointed my pistol at the man

"Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Clak!" - I shot 3 shots to the man's chest and one shot to his throat, he dropped death instantly

"Sarah, you go to escort the VIPs to safety!" - When I was getting up after being fell to the floor, I heard Hatano's yell on the top of the well, she left me here to escape!

I would punish her later, I looked around the room to make sure no one would enter here anymore and then ran to the well with the purpose to climb up to escape the place. Because there was no need to reload my pistol so I put it on the holster and then grabbed the rope and climbed up as fast as possible.

At the time when I climbed up to half of the way, I looked above the well and saw Hatano who was holding a KA-BAR knife and was staring at me with her cold eyes, full of death. Because knowing my subordinate would do something dangerous to me, I climbed up faster before she could harm me, I should have been cautious with her more instead of being careless, fuck!

"Commander...I once said that I would betray you...congratulations..." - Hatano said to me with a cold and deadly voice, I must survive!

"Urrrrrgggghhhh! Stop immediately, Hatano!" - I climbed up faster while Hatano was shredding the rope by using the KA-BAR knife

"Stop!" - I kept yelling at her while climbing up, still halfway left!

"Die well...it would be...complicated for me...if you're still...alive." - Hatano cut the rope faster when I was about to reach her, I cannot reload my pistol in this situation!

"Sayonara (Farewell)...John...Rigen." - As Hatano said the farewell, the rope being cut off and I was falling from a high distance

"Hatanoooooooooooo!" - I yelled at Hatano when I was falling, I could not grip something around me but could only wait to be fallen 

"Cracks!" - When I was looking at Hatano full of my anger, my head seemed to be impacted by something, my consciousness was so blind

1