Book 2 – Epilogue
154 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blue smiled as he looked down upon Urist, who was going over the items in the event shop. Looking at the dwarf’s success, while it made him happy, also caused him to think about the remaining thirty-five dwarf civilizations under his watch. The gifts he had given to the weakest dwarven civilizations had stabilized them, so they could at least survive the events leading up to Demon Descent. For those dwarven civilizations he considered middling in ability, all except two groups had done well enough to get C or B ranks. 

The two who had failed the event were worthless to Blue now, considering that they had so few dwarfs left that even a few gifts wouldn’t save their pitiful numbers. They would most likely be torn apart by the beasts within a few days. At least of the twelve well-off civilizations had handled themselves fine, with two of the groups even managing to snag A ranks.

Those two would join the ranks of his best civilizations, being marked of their importance and left for future use. 

Blue smiled as he thought of his three best civilizations. All three had exceeded his expectations, even if two only achieved S rank.

Dunstan and Olmod huh? Using your own name for your nation. How boring.  

At least they got results and had proven themselves to have a good shot at making it into the late game. Urist and his unnamed civilization on the other hand made him feel as if things were finally going his way. Especially since Urist’s group was one of five in the whole game to get an SSS rank in this event.

Their growth at this stage of the game monstrous thanks to their luck with daily population drops, and the only problem with them was their leader, Urist.

Urist is a ticking time bomb, but he was a good choice to pick for the starting phase and early game. He even unlocked his king’s bloodline, so he could do well in the early mid-game. Alas, for the rest of the game he’ll most likely fall off in his usefulness, both thanks to his lacking ability to lead and lack of information. Even if he chooses the items that would help him most from the event shop, the moment he breaks through the seal on his memories his civilization could fold like a deck of cards. It would be such a waste of budding potential if he breaks through before his usefulness flourishes.

Blue popped a grape into his mouth as he stared at the dwarf studying the items in the shop while mumbling under his breath. 

He has no successor so it would lead to mass chaos if I remove my protection from him, along with his right to rule. But since he isn’t the strongest person in his group, he could easily be subjugated and removed. The question is who to press forth. Ubel? No, he already has a bad reputation, war would break out. Volt? No, his heart is set on being a warrior.  

Unicy is out of the running as she doesn’t have the drive. Most of the magical users wouldn’t be good since they just wish to study magic. Fox-kin and Rat-kin are a no for they aren’t dwarfs and I’d lose this civilization since they aren't dwarf related. How about picking someone out of one of the population drops? No. It would take too long to build up their name. 

Then... That just leaves Valkus. Yes, he would be the best pick to replace Urist. He has his memories back, no one hates him, and his power level is good enough. 

It’ll be a tough transition, but it’s doable. 

A screen appeared before of Blue.

Do you wish to transfer your protection and right to rule aura from Urist to Valkus?

Y/N

Blue slid the screen to the side and stared at Urist, weighing the pros and cons.

Let’s see what he buys first before I make my decision. 

...

Oh? How interesting. To buy that… I hadn’t even thought of that, Urist. Very well, let’s gamble, shall we?


Edited by: KuroYousei
So I'm going to be taking a few months off Urist to do some background work I'm been neglecting such as summaries for chapters, character sheets and also working on revamping the outline. Give or take see you in three months. Thank you for reading my story so far!

0