Chapter 3
89 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I ain't got much to say here this time around. Well, besides the fact that I try to write a few chapters ahead, so any criticisms may not take immediate effect. Anyhow, on to the chapter! My dice really seem to like Neve though…

Chapter Starts

~POV Neve~

"The one free item only goes for today, right Yuki?"(Neve)

[Indeed it does you lucky child]

"So I can afford to get both the Legendary and the Mythical item, yes?"(Neve)

[Yes, yes you can. Beware though, the reason the Mythical item is so cheap is likely because it has strict requirements to use it and the legendary seems to have part of its power sealed according to its description.] 

"Meh, don't care much. These three are pretty much my only options for the one free item ticket and the grimoire seems to be interesting so I'll buy it anyways. If all else fails I can use it as a bludgeoning weapon. Oh also, can you throw them both into my inventory to start with? I wanna run about this floor to get used to my new body before I get distracted again."(Neve) 

[If that is what you wish, Neve]

Anyhow, the first thing I finally decided to approach was the staircase up. Once I was within five feet of it, a shimmering barrier that looked like an aurora surrounded the staircase. 

"Figured I wouldn't be able to simply walk out of here."(Neve)

[Wouldn't that be contradictory to your goal?]

"Not really considering I wanted to get more supplies before going down the dungeon proper."(Neve)

Anyhow, time to check the… 

"Hey Yuki, which way is north?"(Neve)

=======Scene Break=======

"That was a fun 30 minutes spent."(Neve)

[No. No it was not. We just spent 20 minutes arguing about which direction was North despite the fact that you asked me which way was North. Then you spent the last 10 just vaguely wandering around. Did you keep track of where you were going? As I have no clue where we started from.]

"Nope. I'm bad with directions."(Neve)

[I am starting to hate you]

"Hop on board, you're not the only one."(Neve)

After continuing down the hallway I somehow managed to get lost in, I entered a large room similar in shape and size to the room I first woke up in. In front of me, in the middle of a large room, is a really large rat. The rat is roughly the size of a bulldog and has dark brown fur. It's obviously asleep, but it's still terrifying seeing one of that size. Its bite could likely pack a punch. Luckily I have a naturally thin presence so It hasn't noticed something wrong yet.

"That's hostile, isn't it."(Neve)

[Yes. Most creatures down here are inherently hostile to invaders. They will attack with extreme prejudice and no mercy, so don't hesitate to kill them first.]

Upon hearing that, I freeze for a very brief moment before shaking my head and pulling out my daggers. I slowly move forward, hiding my presence in an awkward but effective way. I gently breathe in, then out, and repeat it a few times to ensure an empty mind as I walk forward.

I awkwardly stab towards its back, slightly stumbling over myself as I have yet to get used to moving in this body. I instinctively  know how to stab, how to move, and everything else, it just conflicts with what my current memories deem 'normal'.

After horribly missing the first stab, causing the rat to start to wake, I hurriedly stab again with the dagger in my offhand, or left hand, and manage to connect a solid blow to its neck, killing it instantly. 

After killing it, I take a proper look around the room and find what seems to be a small pile of things off in the corner, though I can't tell what it specifically is due to the dim lighting.

"Considering how kind I was and how peaceful my last life was, I'm shocked I can do this without feeling bad for killing, even if I know I have to."(Neve)

[Please remember that your memories of this life are still affecting you. They're still there, just repressed and will come to the surface as time passes. You lived a pretty bad life, so mix that in with the fact you're a half-breed between two races that generally don't care much for the lives of others, it makes sense you don't care much.]

Ah, I suppose that does make sense. Though I can't say if they're the same for this world, Dragon's in legend were said not to care much for others and the Fae were assholes. That… oddly fits me way too well. I may have been a (kinda) pacifist, but that doesn't mean I can't be an asshole! 

"I guess I'll look through the stuff on the floor for anything useful… Ouch, nothing but scrap metal… Oh, the empty vials will be nice, straight into the inventory with those."(Neve)

[It's unlikely you'll come across anything too useful on this early of a floor, you know.]

"I can dream Yuki, you never know with my obscene luck"(Neve)

As we were bantering, I felt something sharp trying to  sink into the leather of my pants, but unable to actually break through it. I quickly turn around and see another large rat attempting to bite my leg. As my daggers were still in my hand, I made two quick slashes that both connected. Killing it rather easy, all things considered.

"Crap, I need to be more careful. If that was something stronger I most definitely woulda been hurt."(Neve)

I wonder if the two bodies are okay to eat? I need to save on rations, and their bodies are large enough to make up for a meal if properly cooked… 

[Don't even think about it.]

"Hmm? Whatever could you be talking about?"(Neve)

[Those rats are likely horribly diseased. It wouldn't be anywhere near filling enough for it to be worth the risks.]

". . . Do you think the diseases are bloodborne?"(Neve)

[No. It's highly unlikely. If you get hungry you can just buy more food from the <Dimensional Shop>.]

"I'm out of point's. How am I supposed to buy more food?"(Neve)

[You can sell the bodies for more DP you know? You won't get many points for a raw, likely diseased, large rat corpse but you'll still get some.]

"Oh! Then let's do that!.. How do I do that?"(Neve)

[Put them into your inventory, think of the item in question, then think 'I want to sell this', or something along those lines.]

I throw them into my inventory. It feels strange when I put things and take things out of my inventory. It feels as if it's putting pressure on me. Not physical pressure, but something else… I decide to leave this train of thought and focus specifically on the two rat corpses, before thinking

 'I wanna sell these please.'

I can feel that there's more space in my inventory than there was before. Strange, I don't feel physically different, but I can tell something has changed, like a burden was taken off my shoulders.. Huh, I'll need to experiment with this eventually, this kind of feeling happening in a fight could throw me off.

"Huh, anyways, how many points did I get per body?"(Neve)

[One point per body. The state of the materials, stage of processing, and value of item all change how many points you get when you sell.]

"How many points would I get if I sold a gold coin?"(Neve)

[1 point/copper, 10 points/silver, and 100 points/gold. The values are the same to change points to coins..]

"In that case, isn't it safer for me to keep all my money as points then change them back to coins when I need them?"(Neve)

[I… I never thought about that possibility. I suppose that would be the safest option. I take it you'll change all your coins into points?]

"Yup. I'll change all 20 gold. It'll also allow me to buy stuff from the <Dimensional Shop> when necessary. So I now have 2002 dimensional points for tomorrow."(Neve)

[Before that, I'd recommend buying a sleeping bag and going to sleep. I don't doubt you've had an exhausting day so far.]

I check the supplies section of the shop. I go ahead and buy a decent quality sleeping bag for 5 DP.

"If that's what you want mom, hehe."(Neve)

[If that's what you want to call me, then go right ahead.]

"I don't know you quuuite well enough to call you that outside of a jokey manner yet. Maybe in the future."(Neve)

[I know, you've had a tough day today after all.]

"Wake me up if you hear something, please?"(Neve)

[Sure, so just go ahead and sleep, young child.]

Chapter End

Welp, sorry for not posting yesterday. Got caught up in a school test. Been more tired than usual lately, but will try to upload more chapters. Wish you all luck!

3