Chapter 6
62 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello again! I'm back! I'm going to try to get back to daily uploads again, but it may take a bit of time due to school work. Let me know if you enjoy the chapter, or if you have any criticism please! 

Would like to apologise for any formatting issues, am on mobile.

Also, two things. 

1) What's the plural form of Almiraj?

2) Yuki does have access to the System, as she is it's core. So she can do stuff freely. She can't, however, deny a direct order when it comes to using the system functions. So she is free to do stuff such as selling and buying without permission, it's just highly unlikely. It's also how things happen with Neve just speaking rather than going out of her way to open and go through the system.

Chapter Start

After waking up, things started to move a lot faster. I killed a handful of rats, bunnies, and a couple more almiraj, becoming more proficient at using my rapier, my poisons, and I found and learnt how to use a tonfa. I also found an extremely comprehensive guide on different poisons and how to make them, and will learn to make them later.

After a full day dedicated to exploring, I found the staircase down. It led to a room that looked the exact same as the first floor's rooms, and just as dim as well. The only difference between the floors was there were a couple of new enemies, but nothing too tough. Though I did come across a strange egg.

—Flashback Start—

"Hey, Yuki, what's that thing it's carrying? It kinda looks like an egg"(Neve)

[That's because it is an egg. I wonder where it got it from?]

I had just gotten done with a fight against some sort of annoying kleptomaniac fairy that liked to teleport around. It wasn't a difficult or dangerous fight, just annoying as it liked to run away a lot.

"Do you know what kind of egg it is? It looks kind of small and has rainbow flecks scattered on it."(Neve)

[I have no clue what it could be. I'm not very familiar with different types of eggs. What do you want to do with it?]

"Can I try to hatch and raise it? I'll take good care of it, I promise!"(Neve)

[Sure, go right ahead.]

—Flashback End—

After that, we explored the next few floors. Nothing interesting happened besides finding a second staircase down on floor 5, which seems to lead to some sort of cave. I wasn't comfortable enough to go down there yet as it was very dark, so I ignored it and chose to keep exploring the main floors.

Naturally the enemies that spawned were no longer large rats and rabbits but instead things like non-intelligent fairies, larger creatures, spirits, kobolds and more. Even some undead were appearing. And when the enemies that used to appear show up again, they were usually much tougher than they were originally.

After reaching and decimating all life on floor 7, I chose to go back to floor 5 to rest for a while. A spent a few days there practicing creating poisons, applying poison to my blade on the fly in battle, how to subtly apply poison, practicing dodging, and practicing particularly nasty and debilitating strikes. I also started to practice preparing and cooking with the bodies of the prey I killed. By the time I was finished, I was satisfied with all of my skills, except cooking which was subpar.

Since buying the rapier, I've held off on checking the store due to majorly lacking funds. However, due to bodies of creatures on lower floors being worth more, I've earned a significant amount of points to spend in the shop. 

I've also unlocked two new functions for the System. I unlocked the <Dimensional Room> and the <Dimensional Gacha>. Both of which are very useful and can lead to interesting results. Apparently I'll also unlock more and can improve the ones I already have by getting stronger.

The <Dimensional Room> 20ft×20ft room in a separate pocket dimension that only me and those I allow into it can enter. It's a well lit room and I can turn the light on and off at will. I currently only have a single mattress tucked into one of the corners, a few blankets, and a dresser. I plan on putting a few planters with plants to make poison within as, according to Yuki, they will still grow.

The Gacha on the other hand is a whole new can of worms. There's multiple 'tiers' of Gacha, each costing more points than the last. The higher the 'tier', the better the chances you have to get a good item. I also get one free roll for the lowest tier every day. This is where said mattress, blankets, and dresser in the <Dimensional Room> came from.

Anyways, back to the present. I decided I want to finally open the store again because I've gathered a few thousand points by now.

"Hey Yuki, can you do a few things for me?"(Neve)

[Sure, what are they?]

"Can you show me my status and open today's shop? I haven't checked either in a while."(Neve)

[Sure, here you go.]

---------------------------------------------------------

System Function: [Self Status]

---------------------------------------------------------

<General>

Name: Neve Mitternacht     

Title(s): True Dragon Princess, True Faerie Princess, Child of Space, +3 more.

Class: U.Rogue 5

Race: Half-Fae

Age: 48 

Type: Humanoid, Outsider(Native), Draconic, Fae, 

---------------------------------------------------------

<Defense>

AC: 16, Touch 14, Flatfoot 12 (+4 Dex, +2 Armor)

HP: 23/23 (1d8-1/level)

Fort:-1 Ref:+8 Will:+0

---------------------------------------------------------

<Offensive>

Melee:(Mainhand)M.Rapier(+6(1d6+4), (Offhand)Dagger (+5(1d4+4)

Ranged: N/A

---------------------------------------------------------

<Statistics>

STR:15 DEX:19 CON:7 INT:16 WIS:9 CHA:12

Racial Modifiers: N/A

Languages: Common, Draconic

---------------------------------------------------------

<Feats>

Armor Proficiency:[Light]

Weapon Proficiency:[Simple, Light, Firearms]

Weapon Finesse

Two Weapon Fighting

Lucky

Poison Focus

Subtle Poisoner

---------------------------------------------------------

<Talents>

Poison Use

Innocent Facade

Swift Poison

Weapon Finesse Focus:[Rapier]

Swift Poison

Edge:[Alchemy]

---------------------------------------------------------

"Before we move onto the shop, can you explain to me what the 'Title(s)' section means and why I have it?"(Neve)

[The 'Title' section means just that. They're extra titles that you have earned for one reason or another. They don't give any benefit, but on worlds that have their own inbuilt system with titles, those titles will appear. You can also open your full list of titles and read what each one means.]

"I see, I see, then instead of that, can you open up the shop for me?"(Neve)

[Sure, though I fully expected you to want to read your titles first.]

"Nope, I wanna read that later. Well, as long as I haven't forgotten by then. I still haven't looked at the Legendary or Mythical in my inventory yet, have I?"(Neve)

[No you have not.]

---------------------------------------------------------

<Dimensional Shop>

---------------------------------------------------------

Current DP: 6549

---------------------------------------------------------

<Constant Shop>

{Supplies}

{Materials}

{Foodstuffs}

{Basic Ammunition}

{Basic Weaponry}

---------------------------------------------------------

Refreshes in 12 Hrs 

---------------------------------------------------------

<Random Shop>

Slot 1: (Trash) Purple Alien Rubber Ducky [5 DP]

Slot 2: (Trash) Snow Themed Rubber Ducky[5 DP]

Slot 3: (Rare) Snow Themed Fox Hoodie & Skirt - a white hoodie with a single white fox image printed over where the heart would be. Has fake fox ears on the hood and a fake fox tail on its back. Comes with white skirt and has all the same benefits as the hoodie. Very Comfortable, Will repair itself when Damaged, Self Cleaning, and can merge and unmerge with light armor, granting the outfit all defensive abilities and enchantments of the armor without physically affecting the outfit. [5000 DP]

---------------------------------------------------------

"I buy all three, throw them into my inventory immediately."(Neve) 

[. . . Do you have a Rubber Ducky obsession or something? Do I need to stage an intervention?]

"No, I have always had a small obsession with ducks and foxes, and I just feel really happy to have them for some reason. Maybe it has something to do with my body and sealed memories? (Neve) 

[I have no clue, but as long as it doesn't get you hurt or killed, I won't stop you. Do you want to see your titles now?] She says very gently.

"Nope," I said, popping the p "I want to save that for later. I do have something I want to do though."(Neve)

I enter my <Dimensional Room> and walk up to my dresser. I created a little shrine for my rubber duckies on top of my Dresser. As I only have 3 for now, I set them up in a row before making plans to turn it into a small duck themed shrine.

I take off my armor and my torn and damaged white dress, and put on my new hoodie and skirt. They're comfortable and don't hinder my maneuverability at all. I do need something better for my feet than some old shoes that are falling apart. 

"I also need new socks…" I mumble.(Neve)

[Yes, yes you do. Anyways, are you going to try the armor merge? I bet it would be pretty useful.]

"Should I try it with the Legendary armor I got? I haven't even taken it out of my inventory yet"(Neve)

[No need. That armor can be worn beneath your hoodie without penalty, even when your hoodie is merged with something else.]

"Why do you sound suspicious? What are you not telling me? Is the armor embarrassing or something?"(Neve)

[Something like that. Anyways, don't merge it with your hoodie, you can just wear it underneath. It will also solve another issue that has come up if you do.]

"Alright then… I guess I'll merge it with my leather armor, as that's the best I got at the moment."(Neve)

The process was rather simple, though I did have to take the hoodie and skirt back off for it. I simply put the armor on the hoodie, put my hand on the fox picture and said 'Merge'. The hoodie itself doesn't look or feel any different than it did before merging besides resisting when I throw a punch at it. It seems it acts like a completely normal hoodie until I get hit, then it becomes as hard as whatever armor is merged with it. I put back on the hoodie and skirt before yawning.

"I'm tired, I'm going to look at the Assassin's Suit and try it on before I try to read that Mythical Tome I got a while ago and then head to sleep, okay?"(Neve)

[Ha, go right ahead. This will be fun to watch.]

I take the armor out and…

...

"WHY!?" (Neve)

Chapter End

Again, sorry for the delay in releasing this major writer's block caused by school work. Any guesses as to what the Assassin's Summer Suit will look like? 

3