Chapter 7
59 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yup. I started writing this one before I had my friends look over chapter 6. I usually send it to them first for their opinions before uploading to whatever site you're reading this on. Though I did get delayed a bit by the need for sleep

Chapter Start

It's the morning after I looked at the legendary armor and all I can say is why must the world hate me? Why must I be a dense idiot who doesn't put 2+2 together most of the time? Why did the legendary armor have to turn out to be a swimsuit? Is it because bikini armor is so prevalent in modern media? At least now I have a very good idea as to why certain functions on it are limited or blocked. 

Oh, according to Yuki, I still can't do anything more than a few designs which are all swimsuits for children. This is at least something I'm glad about, mainly due to me still being underaged. But the enchantments I do have access to are very useful.

It has mostly the same enchantments as my current outfit just instead of having the ability to 'merge' with armor, it instead has temperature regulations, an enchantment that creates a magical shield around its wearer that can be improved, and one more ability that's currently completely locked so I don't know what it does. Both the Assassin's Suit and my Hoodie Set are apparently soul bound. As such, I can never lose them and they'll always return to me.

I spent quite a bit of time messing around with it last night and learned I can also turn it into underwear or sleep wear, but only for children. The original owner apparently spent a lot of time to make sure that it has a mode made for children. I'm thankful for that, because otherwise I feel like I'd accidentally give Yuki lots of material to tease me with.

Anyways, after waking up and eating, I decided I want a day of rest and to work on my other projects, so I decided to roll the Gacha and start talking to Yuki.

"Hey Yuki, I'm thinking of taking it easy and spending all day here, are you okay with that? Also, can you please roll today's gacha?"(Neve)

[I'm okay with it, you've been pushing yourself a lot for the last few days, so I'd say you've earned this. Oh, and sure.]

---------------------------------------------------------

<Gacha>

---------------------------------------------------------

You have obtained the Item(s): (Common)Tonfa×1

May you have wonderful Luck!

---------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, nice, a new weapon to mess around with! I can probably work this into my fighting style, as it'll work as a better offhand with my style than my dagger."(Neve)

[Yes, Yes, you can do that later, but weren't you planning on relaxing today?]

Ah, she'll probably get annoyed if I say I enjoy practicing my style… Ah, that's what I can do!

"Alright, fine, I won't play around with it yet. By the way, why did you get sealed by Platz in the first place? The letter said it was a misunderstanding, but I'm curious about what was misunderstood."

[Ah, you see, hehe, that was a long story…]

"And I'm not doing anything today. So I have a lot of time."(Neve) I said with an innocent face, despite both of us knowing I'm anything but innocent.

[Well, you see, It was quite a long time ago. I used to be very hot headed and usually followed the 'shoot first ask questions later' ideology. Mix that with the fact that I'm highly protective of what I call mine, and you get issues.]

"Details please? You don't have you if you don't want to but pleeease?"(Neve) I said, giving puppy-dog eyes.

[I'll tell you more about it later. I was young, I was stupid, and the only reason I was sealed was for Platz to keep appearances. It was actually a rather pleasant experience all things considered.]

"How can being sealed away be comfortable?"(Neve)

[Oh, full plumbing, electricity, no need to worry about food, plenty of entertainment, and more benefits. Though it did get dreadfully boring after a while.]

"I wonder how that works."(Neve) 

With neither of us knowing how to continue the conversation past that point, I hopped back onto my mattress and pulled out my Mythical book for the first time. It is what seems to be what looks to be a standard hardback book with all sorts of multicolored dividers sticking on the top. It also has a pair of blueish silver wings with a black staff in between them on the front cover.

When I attempted to open it, it opened just like any other book. There was what I assume to be a name on the very first page, but most of it is blurred out except for a few letters. The second page is what seems to be a journal entry, though I can't read it due to the language it's written in. I'll need to try to translate it later.

The third page is where it starts to get into useful information. It starts talking about the basics of magic theory, how anyone can learn to cast it with effort, and what the limits of magic are. Useful and interesting stuff, and I'll probably learn some of this later as magic is very useful from what little I remember.

I finished all the pages about basic magic theory and was about to move on to the next section when I felt a very strong pain in my upper, lower back and throat, causing me to yelp loudly. After a few moments, the pain died down to a dull but very manageable pain.

[Neve! Are you okay? What happened?]

I respond in a raspy voice due to my throat still hurting. "Ooowww, it hurts, dang it! I don't know, I had just finished the first chapter of my book when I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my back and throat. I can still feel it, it's just a dull, aching pain rather than a sharp one now."(Neve)

[I have no clue what could be causing this. You may just want to sit and wait out the pain before you go back out and start fighting again.]

With my voice finally properly clearing up, just quieter now to avoid the pain, I respond. "Normally, I would agree with you, but I need to learn to fight while in pain, so I'll still go out to fight tomorrow."(Neve)

[Are you sure? I don't want to see you get hurt anymore than you have too…]

"I'll be getting hurt constantly anyways, so I need to learn to fight like this so that I don't get myself killed due to some slight distraction."(Neve)

[While I can agree with that, I still don't like seeing you in pain. Please be careful, okay?]

"Okay, I'll be careful. But save your worries for tomorrow, today's still my day you know."(Neve)

After that, I continued chatting with Yuki for a few hours while reading my book. By the time we were done, I had finished reading through an eighth of the advanced theory chapters. Tired and in pain, I decided to do a few more things before going to sleep, some of which will probably annoy Yuki. Yuki strongly dislikes gambling. When I asked her why, she simply replied with 'legacy of a misspent youth' then refused to speak of it further.

"Hey Yuki, can you trade all the coins we've gathered for points? Besides that fancy white one. I wanna turn that one into a necklace."(Neve) I say with an innocent face… again.

[Sure, that will get you 2351 more points. What are you planning on doing? You only have that face when you're planning something.]

"Hmmm? Oh, nothing much. I'm just feeling really lucky at the moment."(Neve)

[Oh no… what tier Gacha are you planning to roll? You can only afford tiers 1, 2 and 3.]

"Purchase two Tier 3 rolls please!"(Neve)

[Fine. That costs 2000 points. Here we go.]

---------------------------------------------------------

<Gacha>

---------------------------------------------------------

You have obtained the Item(s): 

(Rare)[B]Scroll of Enhancement×1

(Mythical)Blessing of Eternal Hope×1

May you have wonderful Luck!

---------------------------------------------------------

"Oooh, those sound interesting! What do they do?"(Neve) I said with childish glee.

[Huh, that was actually a really good roll… The scroll of enhancement is an item that's applied to an item to either give it or increase its magic. The blessing on the other hand just makes you more resistant to fear and despair based effects. So both are really useful.] 

"Ah, question, how do you use a scroll? Because I have no idea."(Neve)

[You just hold it and read what it says. I'd probably hold the item in your other hand though, just to be safe.]

Following her instructions, I take out the scroll of enchantment while holding my rapier in my other hand, and repeat the words it said. Once spoken, the scroll and my rapier both glowed a bright blue before the scroll scattered in motes of light, being absorbed by the weapon. Once finished, the sword felt both a lot lighter and sharper in my hand. Swinging it about a bit, wincing a bit at the pain in my back, I decided I like the new changes.

"Ohohoho, this is certainly nice. This will make tomorrow a lot easier *yawn*. Anyhow, I guess it's time for me to go to sleep. Goodnight Yuki!"(Neve)

[*sigh* Goodnight Neve]

Chapter End

3