A Whole New Environment
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Frank saw the gate and large walls he never expected what he was seeing now, what he expected to see was a little place with few buildings where they would be staying but what he was seeing now was a very big city, a city six times larger than Marble town.

Well-built roads ran across the streets with large storey building apartments lined up on both sides a little closer to the walls, then there were other taller buildings deep in the city and then the tallest building was the farthest from them.

"What is this place?" Christiana asked with an amazed tone as she stopped beside Frank.

"That's the Citon we have always been told about," Frank said.

"Alright everyone quickly move in so that these gates can be shut," Devon said.

Everyone did as they were told as Frank helped his limping mother to enter the city as fast as possible, after everyone had gotten inside the vans were driven in and the gates were automatically shut.

Everyone quickly turned at the sound of a roaring engine as a black SUV pulled up in front of them, on seeing the vehicle and the symbol of an eagle on its side the two Lieutenants walked up to the vehicle.

The door was pushed open as a man clothed in a top-class military uniform stepped out.

"Greetings General." Roger and Devon did a salute at the same time.

"Greetings Lieutenants." The general said. "I see you managed to save a good number of lives."

The person who had just stepped out of the car was The head general of Tron Ville, General Skipper. The uniform for Lieutenants and Sergeants was quite similar, the Sergeants wore just plain black uniforms while the Lieutenants had three red lines running down the side of their own uniform shirts but for generals things weren't exactly similar.

Their uniform was made of black trousers with red lines running down the sides of both trousers, a white shirt, and then a black vest where their many badges were placed.

"Follow me." General Skipper said as he began to walk towards one of the buildings. "More sergeants are on their way to help arrange places for the people to stay.

The two Lieutenants followed the general as the people were led towards the building by Sergeants Glik and David.

There was enough apartment for everybody because the Sergeants had set up certain rules to make sure the rooms were enough, the first rule was that each apartment would have a maximum of five people and a minimum of three people.

The second rule was that there should be at least one adult in that apartment which meant that those without parents or guardians had to pair with other adults.

Immediately after that rule was mentioned by one of the sergeants, a certain someone came running to Frank.

"Can I stay with you?" She asked.

"What about your parents?" Frank asked.

"They are not here."

"Then where are they?" Frank asked.

"It's a long story, can I stay with you?" She was speaking with haste and Frank understood she wouldn't want to stay with any other person rather than with him and his mother now that her parents weren't here.

"Ok ok, I'll go tell my mother," Frank said.

He left her but he wasn't going to his mother yet because there was one more person he wanted to stay with, someone he knew had no parents.

He searched among the people with his eyes until he finally found Arnold standing on his own under one of the trees in the surrounding area.

"Hey, Arnold," Frank said as he stopped in front of him.

"Frank." Arnold's eyes brightened up on seeing him. "I heard the Lieutenant talking about you but I didn't see you."

"Yeah, do you have anyone to stay with?" Frank asked.

"I don't want to stay with anybody." He said turning away from Frank.

"What about me, my mom's an adult, you can stay with us, nobody will bully you there."

"Really," Arnold said as he slowly turned to face him.

"Yeah," Frank said with a nod.

Convincing his mother about his two friends wasn't hard since the minimum requirement was three and these two were the only people he knew he was going to feel comfortable with.

He would have loved to add Carl to complete the maximum requirement but Carl's parents were already here with him.

After everyone had gotten together with the ones they were going to be staying with, they all lined up in front of the building so that the sergeants could put down their names on the tablet he was holding and also give them the keys to their rooms.

"Here's the key to room number ten ma." The sergeant said as he handed Jessica the key that had the number ten written on its tag. 

After that, they walked into the building and took the stairs to the second floor where rooms number one to ten were located.

They were greeted with dust as soon as Jessica opened the door, the room had two parts with two beds and two bathrooms.

Everyone got to work with the brooms, mops, and rags, everyone except Jessica whose leg wasn't still healed up to allow her to do things like this.

After cleaning the room had taken a whole new glow and looked like a place where someone was going to be staying.

Jessica took the first room and invited Christiana to share the room with her but she declined saying she didn't want to disturb her and had no problem sharing the other room with the boys.

"Are you sure about that?" Jessica asked.

"Yes," Christiana said with a nod and a feigned smile.

The second room was larger than the first one with a large bed that could fit up to four people and also a lot of space around it.

"I feel so tired, I could fall," Frank said, staring at the bed.

"Don't you dare." Christiana said. "Get your dirty clothes off first."

"Well, I can't do that with you here."

"Then keep standing for the meantime," Christiana said as she bent down and unzipped her bag.

"I know you said you will be okay with staying with two boys but I don't see how that's going to work." Frank bent down to say.

Christiana didn't reply as her eyes darted around the room and fell on something.

"Is that a door?" She asked, pointing at it.

"Yes, I saw it when I was cleaning here," Frank said.

"Did you open it?" She asked.

"No."

Christiana stood up from her position and walked to the door.

"Now here's how this is going to work out." She said as she pulled the door open to that gave them a very good view of the city although they were still looking from inside the room.

0