Chapter 16 : Arguments part-2
687 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd POV

"so Nicholas how do you intend to prove yourself as not guilty " Emily declared

Nicholas sighed.  Now after dealing with all the trouble he had solved. More troubles await him

He needs to lie his way out of it. Harsh but true. He didn't do it but he doesn't have a proper alibi to prove himself.

There are sometimes in your lives you have to lie your way out of it. Being honest every time is not a good option. It is harsh but true.

Truth and honestly have no place in the society where everyone wants to believe in whatever is close to their ideal world of delusions.

No one cares whether it's right or wrong as long as it works.

Nicholas is no stranger to that.

"I have slept in front of you. Emily and I have been together the whole time " Nicholes told Emily

"Ya. You are with me when I slept in the same room with different beds. " Emily said.

"So. Emily slept with Nicholes. And someone is complaining about being slut " Lotus said mocking

" I s-swear I didn't sleep with him in the same bed. " Emily protested realized she messed up in the way she spoke.

She cursed herself that she should have worded it better and.

" I don't believe you, Emily.  What did you do to poor Nicholes? " Eric said glaring at Emily

"Ya, poor Nicholas. Had to deal with Emily's bad smell " Louis said mocking Emily.

"I don't smell that bad. I promise I use very good perfume " Emily said.

Everyone ignored Emily's rant. No one could tolerate her shit anymore. They are becoming tired and restless after the whole debate thing.

" So Nicholas is out of the suspect list, right, "Lotus said wanting to help Nicholas.

" Yes, I don't think Nicholes can do it. I mean Nicholes can't be since he didn't serve the drinks "Eric replied to everyone.

" Oh shit " Nicholes realized

In the process of defending Nicholes Eric trapped himself making himself more suspicious.

the others have picked up and begun to accuse Eric

"That's suspicious " Emily accused

" I am sorry Eric what you said makes you most suspicious person," Louis said to Eric

"I don't put something in the drinks .I just did what Akira is asking " Eric said trying to defend himself .

He had failed miserably in saving himself from the accusations.

"Are you blaming Akira now? He is the victim here. " Lotus told Eric in a hateful voice.

It is not Lotus's intention to throw hateful words . But she lost her tact when she thought that Eric is blaming Akira . She didn't like it when Akira's own friend is blaming him

"Isn't Akira your friend? I thought you two are good friends. It seems that you despise Akira behind his back. It seems your friendship is just another delusion " Emily said with a passive and aggressive tone.

"Wait! what kind of sorcery is this, Emily and Lotus have the same opinion . The world will end. " Louis said.

Louis added another problem to the debate. Now Emily and Lotus are arguing again with pointless debate.

Nicholes is scratching his hair confused by the number of brain cells his classmates have. They have poor focus and accuse anyone they wish.

" *Sigh* Can't we just end this already," Nicholes said

Nicholes has lost interest in the debate . He gave up on the culprit for today

"Not until Eric proves himself. "Emily said

Nicholes had thought for a while to end this debate. And he finally gained an idea to twist the facts.

"Emily, Do you know Eric isn't the one who put the chemical in the drink "

"What do you mean there is no one else at the party . Who in the fucking hell could have rigged the drinks . "Emily said .

Nicholes tried hard to divert the suspicion away from Eric.

"I think the shopkeeper did it .Maybe he could rigged it .We know how crazy people can be right "Nicholes said

After Nicholes has uttered those words.Everyone sweatdropped and began to make sure they are normal people.

"Ya w-who knows h-how c-creepy t-they are .T-They c-can d-devor souls o-of the i-innocent "Emily said

" M-Maybe they are j-just s-stalkers" Lotus said hiding her body with her wings.

"T-There a-are s-some p-people who b-burn the w-world f-for f-fun" Louis stated in defense

"Y-Yes I p-promise I d-don't h-hide an-nything at a-all " Eric stated

Nicholes is baffled by how everyone is acting .Why are they uncomfortable when he is talking about crazy people . Surely they can't be that crazy right

"Guys why are you all uncomfortable .I am speaking of those crazy people , not you guys .Did I offend someone " Nicholes stated

"N-NO Nicholes. We feel uncomfortable about talking about those people , right . " Eric stated.

Everyone formed a temporary peace treaty and agreed with Eric except Nicholes . Who is again scratching his head from the amount of suspicion he gets from these people .

Nicholes brain and morals acted against the thought of labelling his friends as crazy people .

"I am going to be bald from the amount of stress I get .Can we just end this argument " Nicholes stated .

"Yes I am too tired " Eric stated

"Me too "Louis  stated

"Me three "Lotus said with innocence

"yes , I am too tired and thanks for wasting my time " Emily scoffed off and left

Everyone has agreed to Nicholes as they are too tired and lost their patience to argue .

And they left without finding the culprit.

<Meanwhile In the infirmary. >

"We are losing him at this state . How is he still alive at this rate. " The doctor said.

"Maybe he has a natural resistance to poison, The poison is not affecting his body . He fainted from the heat and alcohol ." Nurse said .

"This is no ordinary poison It's from a basilisk fang. It's not easily curable. "

"No talent and resistance can stop the poison. It affects the whole body "

"It will raise the heat of the whole body of the victim. It makes his hormonal imbalance and makes him feel weak and strained while also causing the imbalance in hormones. His testosterone levels are rising ."

"It is eas­i­er to deter­mine when a child has too much testos­terone because it typ­i­cal­ly results in pre­co­cious puber­ty, or an ear­ly devel­op­ment of sex­u­al char­ac­ter­is­tics. He currently has too much of it " The doctor said.

"How is this possible " The nurse asked.

"Basilisk fang changes the body of the host. It affects bone growth, hormones, nervous system making the victim feel weak and helpless. "

"It's a wonder he is alive and breathing. There are only a few of them who could tolerate it. "

"The cure of basilisk is far from here. How did he survive the basilisk venom somehow " The doctor is wondered about the miracle Akira pulled.

"Only a good blue magician would have pulled this. I think he instinctively activated the magic and pulled this " Professor pom said.

"I don't think we know anything about this . Let's enquire by reading his mind "Professor Gabriel stated

"We can't. His mind is blocked. " Professor pom said.

"How? Did a simple guy can pull it off " The doctor wondered

"I don't know much about blue magic but there is no spell regarding this . How can one avoid the pressure of body alterations"

A/N: The same simple boy achieved many impossible things .

"If you think carefully it's not that hard to avoid basilisk poison. You need poison resistance and blue magic to do that ." Professor Gabriel explained as if the everyday thing to do

Only professor Gabriel is aware of the experienced blue magic skills that develop resistance to body alternations.

She is more confused as to how Akira found the correct magic skills to activate and learned them

She has a theory that  Akira did it by asking his mother and coincidentally made his body resistant. And it protected his body when his drink was poisoned with basilisk venom.

She is more suspicious of how the venom is obtained and why not everyone in the 'party' is not affected and he especially is poisoned and affected.

Well, nobles naturally develop resistance to poisons as they are poisoned and poisoned in their childhood by assassin's attempts. Drinking too much poisons can develop poison resistance in his body. She pitied him as she shared the same fate of her tea being poisoned too many times.

And how he can block out people from accessing his memory.Which is very unheard of in first years.

Professor Gabriel pinned it to Akira's mother as the culprit.

"What a competent young man. He is too advanced for his age . Just like his mother. " Professor Gabriel said with disbelief.

Expect Gabriel everyone is against the idea of a first-year being that daring and skillfully. Professor Gabriel saw Akira's skill with her own eyes. As Akira attended her lectures most.

Elizabeth Gabriel chuckled lightly . She left the infirmary to check on how can Akira can block mind reading . She went to check in her notes.

She might be a professor but she can't focus on all kinds of magic.

A/n : No akira is not op .He just had a past that will reveal a lot about how he can resist poisons and succubus charm. And how he handled body pressure .If you have doubts ask me

3