Chapter 5: Acceptance and Invitation part 1
14 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Watching her little brother closing the door in front of her, Kanamori felt emotional for the moment as she felt like her little brother will disappear into another world.

"HaaaACK! *Cough* *Cough*, Damn it!"

Heaving her moment cut off by her own coughing fit, Kanamori couldn't help but feel sour at herself.

"Well, then."

Kanamori turns around and walks towards the second floor with her drink. Even thou she is already feeling full, she must finish her special drink as it is the only thing that allows her to live her life. It was more of a mixture that allow her to obtain all required vitamins, supplements, and almost twice the amount of protein in the hope of putting some fat.

Because right now, it's impossible for her to obtain the required nourishment through meals as her body is no longer able to take in much before forcing her to feel full despite how much she wanted to eat.

Reaching the second floor, Kanamori pushed open the door to the room on her left. A large room filled with various training equipment appeared before her. This room has previously belonged to their parents, but she decided to convert it into a training room after moving their shrine to her bedroom.

Despite being crippled, betrayed, and traumatized, Kanamori never gave up in the first place. Maybe her dump stubborn nature is played some part, but mostly it because she didn't know anything besides that.

As usual, Kanamori tried to run on the tread to warm up her body and ended up exhausting herself only after running about a few meters at two speeds.

'I held ten more seconds than usual!' Giving a pat on her back, Kanamori tried to push up. After taking a stance, she pulled then!

"HUP! GHK!"

After letting out a funny sound from her mouth, Kanamori's twig-like arms couldn't hold it anymore before giving out.

'Good thing maid robots cleaned the.' thought Kanamori stood up after giving a deep kiss to the soft cushion she was laying on. May it looked funny, but it is something she had done every day and never thought of stopping anyway.

Jumping, weight lifting, punching, Kanamori did everything to limit her broken body can. Even she doesn't know why but she felt like she is waiting for something.

Maybe it's fuel, spark, or some feeling that she forgot.

Then she walked down to the dining room and took out her half-eaten piroshki along with three more left in the box, then heated them in an oven. As time goes, the room began to fill with the heavy smell seeping out from gaps of an old oven, igniting Kanamori's appetite.

And just like usual, Kanamori placed her half-eaten piroshki on her plate along with others and then tried to gobble them up like in the past. Only ends up barely finishing her previous half-eaten one before feeling full.

Even though she liked to exercise and train, it wielded no results due to her body. Even though she likes to eat and taste things, she was forced to have no appetite. It was the worst feeling for Kanamori.

Then night came.

"Miss, Kanamori may I suggest returning to your room for your social time before taking a rest. "

"Okay~~."

The maid robot's suggestion was just another term for saying that her to play some online game. It was something doctors recommended to her as a way to fix her anthropophobia through a medium.

Behind the door, Kanamori saw a simple room with a large bed, shrine, pc, and virtual reality device that was shaped like a helmet laying on the bed. At first, they tried virtual reality but proved to be a little bit too much for her as she can feel the eyes and hear the words of people aimed at her easily triggering her trauma.

So they took a step even further and introduced her to an online game that doesn't make her feel too realistic like the last one while still giving her to chance to socialize with people.

'What is that even mean ?'

Of course, that is what Kanamori said after hearing their explanation behind forcing her to play an online match full of people screaming through the mic towards the screen.

After playing a few times that Kanamori found out her phobia really doesn't appear when she is seeing and conversing with people through the screen but that was it as it didn't help slightest in real life. But she can't refuse her brother's plea that mixed with a little bit of hope.

"Well, at least it is fun in somewhat way."

Feeling headache and eye strain Kanamori immediately quits the game and lays on top of her bed before turning her pc off. This was her daily life woke up, clean, try to eat, try to train, try to show her healthy side, try to train again, try to cure her phobia, and sleep.

Just like dancing to one song placed on constant repeat, sometimes the song would deviate or skip some part, but that was it. She repeated the same song for more than five years.

To tell truth she was already bored of this song and tried her best to change its pacing or even the lyrics themselves, but it was no wail. Maybe this song would continue its pace and she will continue to dance its tune until her last breath.

Maybe that is an alright in its own way to continue to listen to this old song fallen behind its time. She hasn't lost everything, and her brother has already become a person who can carry himself.

"Become an old aunt seeing over little red mantou of her brother. Maybe it doesn't sound that bad."

With the thought of being an old lady surrounded by cute little childrens of her brother and his wives, Kanamori went to sleep with a little grin plastered over her ghost like face.

But then in mids of her dream, she saw a very familiar blue screen.

The Great Father of Proliferation took an interest in your dream and the skill you possess.

 

The Great Father of Proliferation likes to meet you. Would you like to receive his invite?
0