Vol. 2 Chapter 10 : The Guild Master
243 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The tense atmosphere died down but the surrounding adventurers who were previously watching the show were now sweating profusely as beads of sweat dripped down on their foreheads.

Their strength all ranged from the crystallization as the weakest and expert as the strongest but there was no one here that didn't feel that terrifying aura that Revlo just released.

*gulp

Some of them who managed to find the source of that aura now looked at Revlo in a different light, someone who could release an aura like that should not be someone ordinary, one could only emit that much killing intent if they massacred an entire village or maybe even more.

No matter how much time someone trained themselves, killing intent could only be accumulated if someone experienced various situations that blurred the lines of life and death.

The adventurers present here had gone through numerous trials and tribulations themselves but even they could not unleash that much killing intent even if they all worked together.

'A freak' someone in the crowd murmured.

They wouldn't dare underestimate Revlo just because of his young looks and frail appearance, if they still judged him as someone ordinary even after experiencing that aura then there would be something wrong with their brains.

Only the ones with low ranks and strength were unable to pinpoint the source of that aura and thought that a strong monster came inside the guild branch or something.

One could even see a pitiful crystallization ranked adventurer just shat their pants.

Revlo attitude was nonchalant despite all of this like it was any other weekday, he had two purposes in unleashing that much killing intent, one was to intimidate his opponent and two was to act as a deterrence if someone like that armored adventurer came to bother him again.

He was not like those other MCs in fantasy stories that trash-talk for like a hundred dialogues just to increase the word count of the chapter.

Besides, Revlo was someone who doesn't want to waste too many words, as someone who had lived over a thousand lives, bickering with someone was beneath him.

The best way to avoid getting picked on by some random mob character was to use intimidation, instead of letting them yap their mouths talking trash about you and not retaliate.

It was not a bad idea to show off once in a while instead of hiding your powers and trying to act cool, Revlo was someone who hates things that wastes his time.

He dealt with the situation as fast as he could with the most efficient method.

'How bothersome'

Revlo thought and slowly walked towards the reception desk.

The receptionist visibly flinched when Revlo approached her, it was like Revlo was no different from a monster in her eyes, she was the closest in proximity to Revlo other than that rude adventurer so the aura that she felt was a bit more intense than the surrounding crowd even though it was not directed at her.

"How-how can I help you" she stammered her sentence.

"I'd like to apply to become an adventurer," Revlo said.

There was no particular reason for Revlo to become an adventurer, despite being reincarnated a thousand times, he has never been in an adventurer's guild before, or at the very least, never joined one.

'There had been guilds and stuff in the previous magical worlds I had been in, but I got too busy in finding ways to get rid of the curse otherwise I would spend my time in some magic school'

He wanted to try this out at least once, now that he had Browny as a mount, there was no need to rush towards the academy, he was doing this for the experience.

"Ah please, you can sign here" The receptionist was still visibly trembling but she still handed out a piece of paper and a pen to Revlo.

"After you finish with that, you can head to the training facility in the back, one of the staff will guide you there" she continued but then she turned her head because she saw that someone was approaching their location.

The receptionist jolted and loudly exclaimed.

"The Guildmaster!"

Revlo also turned his head and looked at a man who had a scar on his face, he was bulky and tall and wore casual clothes with white feathery wings on his back that signified someone of the angel race, though, unlike Revlo's mother, he doesn't have a golden halo above his head.

He was the guildmaster of the Turron Town's adventurer's guild branch, one of the five master-ranked champions present, Hedrick Orlando.

'Angels receive their halos when they become saint-ranks' Revlo thought as he looked at the man who wore a cordial smile.

"It is an honor for our guild branch to receive such an exceptional youngster" Hendrick suddenly commented as he looked at Revlo up and down.

Before this, he was sitting peacefully in his office but when he felt Revlo's aura, he had no choice but to come out, he was a master-rank champion so he could immediately sense the origin of that aura, he was a famous figure in this town but no one made a fuss when he showed himself because all the surrounding crowd's eyes were on Revlo.

The guildmaster briefly looked at the horned bear right beside Revlo, he could immediately tell that it was also at master rank but he stayed quiet about it.

"The guildmaster!"

"He personally came out!"

"The commotion that the kid caused probably attracted him here"

"So that's the guildmaster?"

"He kinda looks like your average drunkard uncle though"

"Shh be quiet!"

A commotion was caused because of the guild master's presence, and various whispers and exclamations could be heard in the background.

Hendrick turned his head and saw a familiar person, his brows raised a bit, the action was so minute that anyone could hardly tell that his facial muscles moved.

"Meona? You are here as well, ahh, today was the day right?" Hendrick said with a jubilant tone.

"Two amazing youngsters applying to become adventurers at the same time, hahaha, if that bastard from the other town were to hear of this I bet his face would look unsightly, wahahahaha" he continued while laughing out loud.

"Uncle, why are you here?" Meona said, unlike the bossy and cold tone that she spoke earlier, the tone she used now was a bit warmer, she would speak that way because the man in front of him was her teacher.

"Nothing much, I thought a strong monster came inside the building or something, turns out that it was a different type of monster instead," He said while taking a glance at Revlo.

He too thought that a monster was attacking this place when he sensed Revlo's killing intent, he was relieved to see that it was not the case.

'Second-class master-rank, if he and Browny were to fight, Browny would stand no chance at all'

Revlo said in his thoughts as he assessed the scarred man in front of him, it was a reasonable conclusion to make since Browny had just recently advanced to become a master and the guildmaster was someone who achieved the master rank many years ago, just because they were of the same rank doesn't mean that their strengths are equal.

Revlo took one more glance at Hendrick before setting his attention on the application paper in his hands and started writing some things on it.

The things he needed to write down were not that complicated, he just needed to write down his info as well as the magic he specializes in, etc.

After he finished writing, the receptionist receive the papers and looked at them for a while, when she saw Revlo's last name, her eyes shook and her hands started trembling.

"Excu-cuse m-me, is what you have written here is true? Are you from the Mason Clan?"

The receptionist stammered the question that she was about to say but still managed to form her sentence as she asked Revlo.

Of course, there were people out there who had a surname of 'Mason' but weren't part of the Mason Clan but those people were really rare as the Mason Clan themselves declared to those people to change their surnames, due to the clan's prestige and influence, almost all of the people unaffiliated with the clan but had the same last name did as they asked.

To the stubborn people that refused though, it was reported that they had suddenly gone missing, this particular story sent chills to those who heard it, they could more or less figure out what happened but didn't dare say it out loud lest they get themselves in trouble.

It was not like the people of the Mason Clan were that unreasonable and tyrannical, there had been many instances when people used their last names to pretend to be members of the Mason Clan to receive better treatment.

It was the same for other the powerful clans and families as well, these incidents caused many headaches and troubles, and no matter how much they stopped people from doing this kind of thing, it would never actually end as the new ones would replace the old ones, one day, they finally had enough and made the declaration which in later down the line became part of the law.

If anyone were to violate this, their fate would end up the same as those people who went missing.

In response to her question, Revlo affirmed by pulling out a blue-colored ID card that had the emblem of the Mason Clan on it.

Seeing this, everyone suddenly turned quiet as they went into a daze as stared at the blue card that Revlo held.

Even the guildmaster who still felt relaxed and calm even when he felt Revlo's aura and saw through Browny's strength swallowed his saliva in nervousness as he stared at that blue-colored card.

Revlo handed over the card to the receptionist, her hands were shaking when she held the card in her palms as she swiped the card over a magic device to determine its veracity.

'It's real!' she exclaimed in her mind.

When she looked at Revlo once again, she suddenly felt that he got taller for some reason.

'His face seems familiar' she thought.

Revlo's face is 70% identical to his father, Vorne's pictures could be seen anywhere whether, in books or posters, it was not that strange that the receptionist felt some sort of familiarity when she looked at Revlo's face, the difference is that he had black eyes instead of yellow and had a gloomy aura around him which made it difficult to spot the resemblance.

"So the rumors were true! A member of the Mason Clan was here"

"No wonder his aura was so strong, only the likes of the Mason clan could produce someone that young and yet so powerful"

"He doesn't look that much older than Lady Meona, he's got to be less than 10 years old, and what an amazing mana control he has! I can't sense a single hint of magical aura leaking out from him so I couldn't tell how strong he is"

"No wonder, no wonder, I felt puzzled on the reason why someone so young could bring out that much killing intent, I thought it was an old monster disguising himself into a child or something"

"But even if it is the Mason clan, they couldn't possibly produce such a genius right? This is a bit too exaggerated! He's got to be older than he looks"

A commotion much larger than the previous ones broke out in the building, this was how much of an influence the Mason Clan was on the common people, after all, this was the clan that the [Lightning Demi-God] belonged to, the most famous person on the continent and quite possibly the world.

"When can I become an adventurer?" Revlo asked as he ignored the loud noise that the crowd made.

"There will be a test to determine your qualifications as an adventurer, just head on to the training facility, I will guide you and Meona there," The guildmaster said as he stepped up.

After he shook off his initial surprise, he went back to his calm and cool self as he answered Revlo's question.

Even if Revlo was someone from the Mason Clan, even someone like him had to go through the guild's qualification test to become an adventurer, as a guild that had branches and facilities all around the world, the adventurer guild's influence and power were not any lesser to the Mason Clan.

Revlo nodded as he followed the guildmaster on the way.

Revlo felt an intense gaze locked on him and saw the catgirl named Meona staring at him with sparkles in her eyes.

Revlo had a face that said 'what are you looking at?'

Meona noticed this and coughed to clear her throat and introduced herself.

"My name is Meona Kiply, daughter of the Kiply household, nice to meet you," she said while smiling and showing her white teeth as she stretched her hand out for a handshake.

"Revlo"

Revlo said in a monotone voice while grabbing her outstretched hand and shaking it.

Meona cocked her head a bit and almost slipped when she heard Revlo's short and flat introduction, but she didn't mind it and continued to talk.

"Are you really from the Mason Clan?" she asked.

Revlo nodded, he was no longer looking in her direction but still listened to Meona's questions.

"But I never heard of you before you though? If someone talented like you existed, your name should've been well-known... Ah it looks like I didn't need to step up to take care of that rude person"

She said while squinting her eyes and trying to thoroughly examine Revlo's facial expressions.

"That aura and pressure that you exuded earlier, did it really come from you and not from your tamed monster?" she asked in a puzzled tone while sending a sideway glance towards Browny.

Revlo nodded.

(A/N: what amazing communication skills our MC has)

"Really?! That was pretty intense, I thought I was hallucinating for a second there, hey how old are you, and what is your champion rank?"

As she just finished asking that question, they then heard a door that had just opened as the guildmaster's voice resounded in their ears.

"Okay enough of that, you can continue your conversation later, for now, you should be thinking about the upcoming test that you'll have to take"

They walked in and were greeted with a large arena-like floor surrounded by seats as spectators came to watch the show.

Some people are already lined up in the middle of the arena.

'Looks like they are taking the test just like us'

Revlo thought as he eyed them one by one, his gaze eventually stopped when he saw a young man with red messy hair holding an unsheathed sword.

Revlo squinted his eyes.

'A demon?' he said in his thoughts.

13