Vol. 2 Chapter 14 : Golg
194 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Revlo took a deep breath and relaxed his body, Revlo found the troll to be much tougher than he thought, during that fight, he sustained a few injuries and a fractured bone on his right arm.

His thoughts drifted off to somewhere and reviewed the fight that he had with the troll inside his head once more and concluded one thing.

'I got a little bit lucky'

Revlo didn't think he would lose but the fight had gone smoother than he thought, that was because the troll's focus was more on Browny rather than Revlo himself.

Truthfully, according to common sense, the troll didn't do anything foolish in that fight nor made any wrong judgments, it was the correct decision to be more on guard against the stronger opponent, which was Browny rather than Revlo, the weaker opponent.

However, in Revlo's case, it was an exception, Revlo's current combat prowess couldn't be judged by common sense, he has many varieties and different methods of attack with his seemingly endless amount of spells that he could cast.

Even his father, a literal demi-god could not properly make an accurate estimate of Revlo's combat ability.

A guy that is a jack of all trades but a master of all, fighting a guy like that while splitting your attention would be a fatal mistake.

Thanks to that, Revlo was able to cut off the troll's leg which gave him time to finish the preparations to cast the frost zone magic array, an ice magic that is strong enough to trap a troll for a somewhat long period of time.

'Higher-level magic is too much for my current magic core rank, I need to be at least an expert rank to be able to cast them'

'There are too many things that I am unable to do right now, which limits my current move-set, I better rank up soon'

There are certain spells that he was unable to use because of the limitations of his magic core rank, the same story could be said for everyone else in this world as well, like how Elvina knows the tree armor spell but couldn't cast it at the novice-rank and could only perform it at the intermediate-rank.

He stood up after resting for a few minutes, Browny was already right behind him.

'If that troll had gone all out from the start I would still win but I would have sustained even more injuries'

He said as he stared at the troll's corpse that got split in half while covered in ice in front of him.

He made some calculations in his mind and drew a conclusion.

"I can handle 2 of them if the trolls had the same strength as this guy and 3 would be my limit"

He turned his head and the corpse of the dead adventurer that the troll had played around with had disappeared, it was taken away by the guild staff member while he sat down.

He closed his eyes while imagining himself as he battled 4 trolls at the same time, the images that he could form in his mind were very clear and vivid, and the simulation was almost realistic, so Revlo could boast that the simulated battle that he had in his brain could at least have a 90% accuracy in accordance to reality.

He imagined the results of the battle.

"Annihilation on both sides" he said.

No matter what, fighting 3 trolls was already beyond impressive for a novice rank, which usually needed an expert rank to kill them.

A troll's fighting ability was not the main problem, their self-healing abilities made it very difficult to fight them, if it were any other intermediate-ranked monsters, Revlo was confident even if a bunch of them surrounded him.

"Well that's that"

Revlo didn't ponder about it for too long as he looked in a certain direction and sprinted forward.

He arrived at another gathering point, only to be disappointed that he was unable to find a single troll, on the way here, his mana reserves fully recovered and his arms were successfully healed.

He thought about going to that village that the receptionist was talking about, there was a troll den nearby so it was almost guaranteed that there would be a handful of trolls there.

*Hiss

As he pondered, a snake-like monster pounced on him, this snake poses a terrifying size and has a length that was enough to be on equal terms with a typical school bus.

Revlo did not react or even flinched at this, he had already sensed this snake was coming at him long ago.

*smack

Browny sent a large claw attack toward the snake, it didn't even take 5 seconds before the snake-like monster met its doom.

Revlo continued to run forward, his destination was the village that faced the threat of a monster den, he expected plenty of trolls to complete the mission in one fell swoop, it was a monster den after all.

'At this point, finding the trolls is more difficult than fighting one instead'

Revlo thought as he mounted Browny and used him like a horse.

After a couple of minutes of traveling, they could see a massive wooden fence on the horizon that encircled an entire village, it was still lacking compared to the stone walls of Turron Town but the wall was enough to protect the village from monsters.

Revlo spotted a couple of adventurers huddling up together in different groups, they wore all sorts of armor and were equipped with all sorts of weapons.

"They must be the adventurers who took up the mission to take care of the monster den"

Even though an adventurer qualification test was ongoing, it doesn't necessarily mean that the adventurers had to stop working, it was not rare for the test takers to encounter active adventurers and for their missions to coincide as well.

Most of the time, conflicts between them don't happen often since the adventurers would still get their rewards even if the test taker did all the job and they know that they are being watched as well, so they would put up a show that displayed good behavior.

It was very rare for a conflict to arise between them and usually, the test-takers would back off and not interrupt the adventurer at all, after all, they don't want to benefit the adventurers by doing their mission for them.

But Revlo didn't care and ran past them, he wanted to meet the village chief and try to get some information about the monster den if possible.

Guards were patrolling the entrance but unlike the Turron Town, an entry in this village was less strict, Revlo walked inside the village and the guards didn't bother him either.

'They must've thought I was another adventurer that took up their mission request' Revlo thought.

He asked around to find the village chief.

A kid with snot dripping down his nose answered truthfully.

"Uncle lives in that house over there but lately there had been many people visiting him"

Revlo nodded and said his thanks and walked over to the direction where that kid pointed.

There, he could see several adventurers talking to a middle-aged man, due to the different way they dressed, it only took one glance and Revlo could guess that the middle-aged man who wore simple clothing was the village chief.

"They must be the party leaders of the group outside" Revlo said as he walked forward without halting his steps.

He glanced at the party leaders and gauged their ranks with his eyes.

"All of them are expert ranks, 3 are third-class, 2 second-class, and a single first-class"

'Well it is to be expected since they are the party leaders after all'

Expert-rank champions were well respected in Turron Town, even in the guild headquarters, Revlo hasn't seen this many expert ranks gathered together.

'The village chief is not a pushover either, super first-class expert rank, and is about to reach the threshold of a master'

'Despite the existence of a troll den near this village, the trolls wouldn't have to guts to attack with him around'

The existence of the village chief was already enough to deter the trolls from attacking this village, which is why the village had been safe until now.

'Unfortunately, the number of trolls continues to rise with time, monster dens are like that so it was not surprising that it could not be left alone'

When Revlo was approaching, the adventurers and the village chief had already long spotted him but the adventurers completely ignored Revlo since they couldn't sense any magical aura coming from Revlo and assumed that he was just another villager.

But for the village chief who was familiar with every single face of everyone in the village, had a different reaction.

'A visitor at this time?' the village chief thought.

Fortunately, his question was answered almost immediately as Revlo stopped right in front of them and said.

"I want information about the troll den here"

The tone that he spoke with made it seem like he was giving the village chief an order rather than making a request.

The village chief's eyebrows quivered, he didn't tell what Revlo wanted, instead, he asked him a question.

"Are you an adventurer that took up the request?"

"No, I am not an adventurer... yet" Revlo said.

"Yet?" The village chief asked.

Before Revlo could reply, one of the adventurers behind the village chief opened his mouth and said.

"Oh yeah, is it the adventurer's qualification test? are you one of the test takers?"

Revlo shifted his gaze to look at the adventurer who spoke and nodded in affirmation.

"Really?" The adventurer said as he alternated his gaze from Revlo and the horned bear standing just behind the latter, he was one of the second-class expert ranks so he could vaguely tell that Browny was not an ordinary horned bear.

'A mutant? That fella is a lot stronger than your usual horned bear' he thought.

'The guild would not be blind enough to hand over a mission to an ordinary person which means this little fella is not someone ordinary, he also has excellent magic control, no it's more than excellent, there is not a single hint of mana leaking out from him at all'

That is what the adventurers judged, if it were any other time, they would have thought that Revlo was just an ordinary kid but the existence of Browny obediently standing behind the former proved otherwise.

The adventurer grinned.

'In that case, let me test him out then, it would be detrimental if a weakling were to board along with us'

Seeing how young Revlo is, they couldn't help but underestimate him, they also wanted to test him since no one liked bringing a burden along with them.

The atmosphere in the environment changed as the mana in the air moved in a strange pattern, the adventurer glowed in a faint purple light, and mana gathered around him until a certain threshold was met, he chanted.

"In the name of the god of space, Aether, let gravity fall asunder on us all .... Gravity Lock"

Not everyone could use instant chanting like Revlo and Elvina, they had to chant a series of words to activate their magic.

'Gravity Magic huh'

Revlo thought as the space around him have suddenly gotten heavy, it was like he suddenly gained a thousand pounds, it was hard to move his body and his legs were trembling, and was having a difficult time just standing up.

'He is testing me'

Revlo didn't get angry at this and chanted in a hoarse voice.

"Physical Enhancement, Strength, Endurance"

Revlo's body glowed in a weak white light and the slow slowly dispersed.

He lifted his arms and clenched his fist to close it, then opened it up and then closed it again.

'It feels lighter now'

His physical enhancement magic had offset the effects of the magic that the adventurer casted on him.

The adventurers raised their brows at this and were inwardly surprised.

'Instant chanting and on top of that, multi-casting?'

The adventurer who casted the gravity lock put his hands up to touch his chin and smiled.

"Oh, so you have some decent skills, no wonder the guild gave you a quest of this caliber"

"How about this then" he continued.

He channeled more mana into his magic as the effects of gravity lock got stronger.

Revlo could feel that the space around him has gotten even heavier as the ground that he stepped on started to crack and the soles of his shoes got buried in the soil beneath.

A drop of sweat appeared on Revlo's forehead but he was still calm and composed.

"Cancel"

The space around him started to crack, and the effects of the gravity magic got weaker and weaker until the magic that the adventurer casted got canceled out.

The purple glow around his body disappeared as well, his eyes widened into a large circle, his mouth agape from shock.

It wasn't just him, the rest who witnessed this scene had the same reaction as well.

"Did he just say cancel?"

"It can't be, right? Did I mishear it?"

"I heard it too, he said cancel, and Golg's magic immediately stopped working"

It was not that surprising that they were shocked, cancel magic, just like its name, it is a non-attributed magic that can cancel any type of magic.

The magic itself was not that hard to learn, almost anyone could theoretically use cancel magic if they were to seriously learn it but one would need to analyze the nature of one's magic to have the ability to cancel it.

This means that if you are not familiar with the opponent's magic, canceling it would be a difficult task.

Another requirement to use cancel magic is that it takes up a lot of mana, you need to use up twice the mana than the magic used to be able to cancel it, so despite being such a useful magic, not a lot of people utilize cancel magic in battle.

Dodging or blocking magic attacks is much more feasible in battle instead of canceling them since it takes up too much mana and concentration as well requiring to have an in-depth knowledge of countless spells.

Even though Golg did not channel too much mana into his magic, it was still a good amount.

There were not that many gravity magic users so it was a surprise that Revlo was able to cancel Golg's magic.

"He must be familiar with Gravity Lock then"

"Is such a coincidence really possible?"

"What other explanation could there be?"

"Ah, you have a point"

They just arrived at that conclusion.

Support this story by giving it a review or a rating, I would appreciate it very much and it would give me the motivation to continue writing :D

10