Vol. 2 Chapter 22 : Demon King
150 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Revlo was meeting up with the town lord, another event was unfolding somewhere else.

The Iron Maiden Adventurer Group, led by a master rank champion known as Ironclaw and a renowned gold-tier adventurer, this adventurer group was inarguably the strongest faction in Turron Town.

Other than their leader, the group boasts the highest number of expert ranks within their numbers, totaling exactly 11 expert rank adventurers and all of them were iron-tier adventurers and were veterans with years of experience under their belt.

Although a group of this caliber would not be anything special if they were based in a capital city of any kingdom or even the 12 Mega Cities, in this small town, they are the cream of a crop, the best that they have to offer.

Ironclaw was a prideful and an arrogant man but was not too overbearing which garnered the respect of those under him and his peers, there was even a rumor that Ironclaw and Hendrick had fought to a draw but since Ironclaw was much younger, he was seen as a talented champion in his own right despite not being a monstrous genius.

In a dark and spooky dungeon that is only lit up by light sources that the expedition brought and some glowing stones from the dungeon walls.

Metallic footsteps reverberated in a seemingly cave-like structure, a hundred or so adventurers gathered up with serious looks on their faces as they remained vigilant to their surroundings.

Especially so for the people who experienced failure in the previous expedition. However, despite their cautious looks, they weren't that tense, it was because of the existence of the man in front of them.

He exudes a powerful and confident vibe, his aura was strangely calming yet at the same time fierce and untamed, like a sleeping lion that should not be disturbed.

Their gazes were full of awe, respect, and envy, the man was clad in shiny platinum armor but didn't wear a helmet so his head was exposed so anyone could see that he had a confident smile on his face.

He was bald and had a thin scar running from his left eye to the corner of his mouth, he was one of the 5 master ranks that reside in Turron Town, the fearsome Ironclaw.

Despite his nickname, he was a spear wielder as he held a robust-looking spear in his hands that had a shiny red gem on its socket, an artificial magic core.

He held in his hands an expert-ranked magic weapon, Iron Edge.

It wasn't just the Iron Maiden Adventurer Group that went along on the expedition, there were some who were in other adventurer groups and solo adventurers were present here as well, among them was Jack and another figure that concealed herself in a purple mantle.

Most of the people in the expedition were either wary or curious of her due to the way she dressed but just minded their own business after a while.

"Well, I guess this is as far as I go" 

A rough and husky voice resounded in the caves, and everyone turned their heads to look at him, the way the people in the dungeon expedition party looked at this person wasn't any inferior to how they looked at Ironclaw at all, their gazes were filled with respect and deference.

"What? Do you think the expedition will fail even if I am here Vice-Guildmaster?" 

A deep but energetic voice replied.

The Vice-Guildmaster, Jason, is one of the five master ranks in Turron Town. He was strangely short and had a white beard, he was only a meter tall but not a single person here would dare underestimate him due to his short stature.

The Vice-Guildmaster belonged to one of the minor races, the gnome race, he may be short in the eyes of others but among the people of the gnome race, he could be said to be one of the tallest figures.

Jason shook his head at what that voice said as he turned or more specifically, raise his head to look at Ironclaw.

"I'm not undermining your abilities, it's just in case of emergency, if that small probability that a dungeon outbreak occurs, I'll be here when that happens"

Jason said.

"Also I've been tasked to guard the dungeon entrance to prevent any monsters from escaping"

Jason continued.

Ironclaw frowned at his words, he was a little dissatisfied in his heart but chose to ignore it and said.

"You are way too cautious old man, I guess that is what age does to you, but you don't need to worry all that much, it's not like this is my first time raiding a dungeon anyway ... and by the way, I think it is because of your cautious personality is the main reason why you were not able to become the guildmaster" 

Ironclaw said which earned nervous looks from the adventurers around them, even the other members of the Iron Maiden adventurer group were not an exception.

There was no one here except for a few that didn't know of the conflict that arose between the time when Hendrick and Jason battled for the guildmaster position, even though Jason was older and more experienced, Hendrick got more support and eventually won.

It took years for the two to mend their relationship back to the way it was previously but the people knew that it left a sore spot on the current vice-guildmaster's heart.

Jason sighed, he didn't take an offense at this but he warned with an icy tone.

"There is not one but two master ranked boss monsters in this dungeon, having confidence is one thing but having too much of it will get you in trouble one way or another"

However, despite the warning, Ironclaw lazily shrugged his shoulders.

"Fine, fine, I get it but do you really think I will lose?" 

Ironclaw said, he didn't take the warning to heart, even though master-ranked monsters inhabited this dungeon, he was still confident that he could defeat them, plus he had an entire expedition party composed of over 100 adventurers right behind to support him.

The Vice Guildmaster didn't reply and gave Ironclaw the cold shoulder, turned back to return to guard the dungeon entrance.

"Tch"

Ironclaw clicked his tongue and turned his head to look at the 100 or so adventurers that joined the dungeon expedition.

"Let's go"

He commanded and they immediately set off and headed down to the depths of the dungeon.

After a couple of minutes, the expedition party suddenly felt small vibrations on the ground.

It didn't even take a minute to see that they were surrounded by over hundreds of rock-like monsters that came straight out of the floor.

Despite the dilemma, they were in, none of the people here were panicked as they silently raised their weapons, the mages were already chanting some spells and some adventurers were eager to fight with grins on their faces.

Ironclaw didn't even spare these monsters a glance as his gaze was locked on a specific monster, its appearance was similar to the rock-like monsters but it dwarfed the others in terms of size, Ironclaw could feel a somewhat powerful magical power coming from this giant monster as well.

Ironclaw grinned confidently, he spun the spear in his hands playfully before pointing it at the monster.

"You are one big fella, let's see what you got"

Ironclaw provocatively said which earned the ire of the giant rock-like monster.

Loud noises of weapons clashing and magic attacks being thrown around could be heard behind him, the others in the expedition party were already battling the rock-like monsters.

Despite this, Ironclaw didn't look back as he focused on the opponent right in front of him.

Ironclaw charged forward, his speed was so fast that an afterimage was left behind where he once stood as he positioned himself to attack with his spear.

Nevertheless, what the people here didn't know was that two people among them had suddenly disappeared right under their noses.

Jack and the cloaked individual beside him were running off in a seemingly random direction, they clad themselves in stealth and concealment magic, which was indicated by the bubbly black aura that covered their bodies as the monsters completely ignored them.

They passed by unobstructed until they halted their steps when they saw a spacious but enclosed cave, the area around them was poorly lit and only a few light sources could be seen.

But as demons, they were already accustomed to places with little to no light, heck the place that they grew up in didn't even have a sun or any form of daylight.

They could see two humanoid rock golems covered with green crystals that emitted a small amount of light all over their bodies in the distance, they exuded a powerful magical aura, Jack could sense that they were both master rank monsters.

Unexpectedly, they were already in the boss room.

But even so, the two monsters could not even see through their stealth magic and treated them like they were air.

"Is it under here?" 

Jack asked while pointing his finger at a certain area and turning his head to look at the cloaked figure beside him.

"Yes, it is somewhere right here"

Jack nodded and rolled up his sleeves.

"Hey, no one is here, you can take off your disguise now"

Jack said.

This prompted the cloaked figure to furrow her brows and took off the part of the cloak that covered her head.

Curly red hair was suddenly revealed as a woman with an enchantingly beautiful face with red eyes and black-colored lips appeared in Jack's line of sight.

Seeing her face, even Jack got stuck in a daze as the look in his eyes turned cloudy.

Jack immediately shook his head and swallowed his saliva in nervousness.

'I actually got entranced by her charm, her abilities as a succubus have improved, sis is amazing'

Succubus is one of the minor races and a race exclusive to the Nether Realm, where the demons lived.

"It is kind of unlucky of us that a dungeon spawned over the thing that we were looking for, I had to waste my time in doing some stupid adventurer test because a gnome was guarding the entrance of the dungeon"

Jack commented.

"It can't be helped, the stealth magic that I applied may fool the monsters but it won't fool the eyes of a gnome, though not as profound as the magical senses of an angel, gnomes are sensitive to the flow of mana around them, we would be discovered if we snuck in"

The woman said.

"But, couldn't we just kill him and saved ourselves the trouble?"

Jack asked.

The woman looked at Jack with a gaze like she was looking at an idiot.

"That man, even though he was only a second-class master rank, he is not far from reaching first-class, plus I could feel a sense of danger coming from him every time I would think of fighting him, I don't know if I could win and we already have those bastards chasing after us, we don't want to draw any more attention to ourselves"

The woman said.

Sensing the grave tone in her words, Jack's relaxed expression turned solemn.

The 'bastards' that they were talking about were an organization that specialized in hunting demons or any inhabitants of the Nether Realm, because of a mistake, they accidentally revealed their existence and were chased down ever since.

Thankfully, they managed to escape under their radar by performing some tricks but they both knew that this period of peace was only temporary.

The woman pulled an ominous-looking compass that gave off a baleful aura but the two seemed like they were not bothered by it.

The compass pointed in a certain direction and both were relieved that it didn't point towards the two huge monsters and was far away from them instead.

They both headed towards that spot, they sent out their magical senses to search underground and managed to spot something dozens of meters deep.

"Finally, we are almost finished" 

Jack said in an excited tone.

"Still, it's kind of shocking that a body of a demon king was buried beneath here"

Jack suddenly threw an overwhelming piece of information that would shock anyone that would hear it.

Demon Kings, this term and the name itself invoked terror and was often referred to as the symbol of fear.

Whenever a demon king appeared on the surface world, destruction would follow, it was not an exaggeration to say that the demon kings were equivalent to nuclear bombs, no wait, they are something even deadlier than nukes.

In the Nether Realm, demon kings were a title given to someone when they reach the champion rank of Legendary. 

If a saint rank champion already has enough power to annihilate a country with a simple gesture of their hands.

Then what about Legendary Ranks?

Jack smiled for no particular reason but his voice was so cold that it almost froze the mana around him.

"And this particular demon king fell on the hands of [The Lightning Demi-God]"

8