Vol. 2 Chapter 31: Removing the Array
89 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Revlo ran forward and dashed through the forest while keeping a blank look on his face.

He looked back to see that the cloaked man had already disappeared from his spot, he could sense his location and Revlo could tell that he was getting farther and farther away from him.

He sighed in relief and activated his akashic eyes once more to trace the source of the magic array.

His vision was immediately taken over by glowing lines that were connected like a circuit board, whether on the ground or in the air, they appeared everywhere.

The more he got closer to the source, the brighter the lines had gotten.

He looked downwards in the distance and he could see a large glowing ball being connected with these lines.

"It was buried underground?"

After memorizing the location, his eyes returned to normal as his gaze shifted to the side.

Revlo could some rustling noises in the bushes, he didn't even need to take a look to know what it was.

A monster, which looked like a dog with scarlet flames on its back had approached him, its eyes were ferocious as it tried to bite off Revlo's head by opening its jaws filled with sharp teeth.

Revlo simply waved his fingers and had drawn a simple defensive rune.

A hexagon barrier appeared before Revlo as it managed to block the hound's attack.

Seeing that it was unable to kill Revlo with its bite, the hound turned around with the intent to run away.

Revlo didn't show mercy, he quickly snapped his fingers and several arrow-shaped projectiles appeared in front of him and launched themselves toward the hound.

Revlo did not look back even as he heard a painful cry followed by an abrupt silence behind him.

He arrived at the destination, he was already standing above where the array plate was buried.

He could see hidden alarms all over the idea, Revlo guessed that this was meant to alert the cloaked man if this place was compromised.

For, Revlo, however, did not even take a full minute to disable them.

"Looks like the person who set this up was not good at warding magic"

He didn't pause for a second and already chanted some earth-attributed spells to dig the array plate out.

His palms descended and touched the soil, and magic circles revolved around his arms.

"Sinkhole"

The ground vibrated violently as a massive hole suddenly appeared.

Revlo looked down on the sinkhole and saw a 2-foot-tall-sized totem covered with ancient symbols and magic circles.

"Gotta be careful since that guy connected himself with the array plate, I'll immediately be found out the moment I lay my hands on it"

Revlo commented.

He twirled his index finger in a circular motion, wind started gathering on the totem, which was the array plate.

However, Revlo furrowed his brows and stared at the totem with a frown.

"This thing is too heavy"

He tried telekinesis but it still won't budge, it was like the object was rooted on the spot and refused to move even an inch.

Revlo sighed, he had no choice but to go down the hole and see what the problem was.

"So it was made of gravity wood and was also enchanted to increase its weight by threefold, no wonder it was so heavy"

His palms touched the surface of the totem, such action would be no different than alerting the enemy but he had no choice since he had to deactivate the enchantment on it.

"Deactivate Enchant"

Suddenly, the layer of violet light that covered the totem started crumbling and dissolving like ice in the middle of summer heat.

However, even without the enchantment, the weight of the totem was still too heavy to move.

'It feels like I'm trying to move a mountain.'

After an attempt, Revlo shook his head.

"Enchant, Featherweight"

A purple glow covered the totem as he casted an enchantment spell to make it lighter, it was still heavy but he was still able to pocket the totem into his dimensional bag.

After a while, Revlo close his eyes and he could feel that the dome around him was weakening, since he took away the array plate, there was nothing that could maintain the magic array anymore.

The dome will slowly lose stability and disappear.

Revlo looked up and jumped out of the hole.

"Looks like my little friend has arrived"

Revlo said as he stared in a seemingly random direction.

From the trees, Jason emerged and saw that a person was waiting for him, his gaze sharpened, and stared warily at Revlo.

But then he sensed that Revlo was only a novice rank and was immediately confused.

Revlo could tell what the vice-guild master was feeling from his gaze alone, so he put his hands in his pocket and pulled out a bronze badge with the guild's trademark symbol on it.

Seeing the object that Revlo pulled out, Jason sighed in relief before wearing an anxious look on his face as he walked toward Revlo.

"We need to get out of here and warn everyone that a bunch of hostile champions is intending to attack the town"

Jason grabbed Revlo's shoulders and assumed the role of a senior lecturing his junior.

Revlo did not react as he stared at the short man in front of him with an unfeeling gaze.

Even though Revlo was only 9 years old, he was a head taller than the vice-guildmaster.

Jason just recalled that they were caged inside due to a magic array and sighed while looking at Revlo with an apologetic gaze.

'He doesn't look older than 10 yet he is already a novice rank, how come I didn't know of the existence of such a genius until now?'

Meanwhile, in the distance...

The man wearing a black cloak jolted his body like he got struck by electricity and turned his head to look in a certain direction.

"Found you"

The man smirked and dashed towards Revlo and Jason's location.

"Shrink the border"

He said while making some hand gestures, however, he was stunned a moment later after feeling that his spiritual connection to the magic array had just been disconnected.

'Shit'

The cloaked cursed and increased his speed.

Revlo and Jason felt a powerful presence headed towards them, Jason identified this presence to be the guy that was trying to kill him earlier, so he didn't hesitate for a moment and grabbed Revlo's right hand so they could teleport away.

However...

"Cancel"

Revlo canceled Jason's magic which earned a surprised look from the latter.

At first, he was confused, however, in the next moment, he shot Revlo a hostile glare.

He assumed that Revlo and the cloaked man were from the same side when Revlo canceled his teleportation.

He didn't have the time to revel in amazement from Revlo's skills as he roused up his magic power once more.

Revlo ignored the vice-guild master's hostile look and pulled out a small totem, Revlo could still sense the spatial fluctuations and the spatial magic power that was caused by the vice-guild master's magic and sucked them all in with the help of the item in his hand.

'This will be helpful.'

Revlo thought and then pointed his fingers in the direction of the powerful presence that was heading towards them.

"Can you beat him?"

Revlo asked.

Jason made a puzzled expression after hearing Revlo's question, nevertheless, he still replied albeit with a cold and hostile voice.

"Wasn't it obvious? If I could beat him, I wouldn't be running away"

He still thought that Revlo was an enemy, he figured that Revlo asked that question to delay him but he was confident that even if the cloaked man was here, he wouldn't be able to stop him from getting away.

"Physical Enhancement, Raise Speed, Perception, Strength, Agility, Stamina, Endurance, Dexterity, Reflexes"

"Increase, Magic Power, Magic Attack, Magic Defense"

Revlo chanted and gave all the buffs that he could to the vice-guild master.

The vice-guild master was stunned after hearing all the enhancement magic that Revlo had applied to him.

'There goes half of my mana reserves'

Those buffs alone had already drained more than half of his total mana, even with the heavenly breathing technique.

Despite that, he didn't think that it was a waste since he was applying all those buffs on a master rank champion after all.

"How about now?"

Revlo said while staring at the vice-guildmaster.

Jason was still stuck in a stupor after feeling that his body was full of strength, after hearing Revlo's question, he snapped out of it and stared at the 9-year-old child in a daze.

"A support-type champion?"

He stared at Revlo with a confused look on his face.

"Even if that is the case, knowing so many strengthening spells is too absurd for someone who is only a novice rank and he chanted them all at the same time, and did he just use multi-chanting?"

He looked at the kid in front of him one more time, there was something off about this kid, but before his thoughts could dive further, the cloaked man had already arrived at their location.

"How did a brat get in here?"

The cloaked man looked down on Revlo with a puzzled look before shifting his gaze towards the vice-guild master and was stunned.

'What the.. he seemed much stronger than before'

The cloaked man rubbed his eyes and thought he was hallucinating for a second.

'There is no way he healed that quickly'

The cloaked shifted his gaze to look at the massive sinkhole where he buried the magic array plate, at this point, he knew that the magic array plate had been stolen away.

He looked at Jason with madness in his eyes.

"Return it, that doesn't belong to you"

It never crossed his mind for a second that it was Revlo that stole the array plate, he could tell that Revlo was only a measly novice rank weakling so he chose to ignore him since he was not a threat.

"Death Cannon"

The temperature of the surroundings rose sharply as a beam of dark energy was being fired at Jason.

Jason had no idea what that cloaked man was talking about but since he received Revlo's buffs, he gained confidence in his chance of winning.

Mana gathered in his hands and slashed at the dark beam, successfully splitting it in half.

"I didn't think that my revenge for losing my arm would come so soon"

The vice-guild master grinned and launched himself forward.

5