Vol. 2 Chapter 32: Courting Death!
90 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing Jason charging at him, the cloaked man did not back down and showed a vicious look on his face.

He raised the staff in fhis hands and twirled it around in a circular motion.

Black clouds started gathering and formed a whirlpool as purple electricity danced around.

Jason could feel an overwhelming amount of magic power coming from that attack, he hardened his face and chanted.

"Void Slash"

A colorless large arc of energy emerged from his remaining arm and was fired at the cloaked man.

"Torrential Thunder"

The cloaked man chanted, as a rain of thunder poured downwards and clashed with Jason's attack.

A blinding light was produced from the collision between their magic attacks.

The impact alone caused shockwaves to spread and the landscape below got devastated.

The vice-guild master made sure to attack at an angle that prevents Revlo from getting affected by the blast, so he was not worried about him.

His focus was completely on his opponent in front of him, standing on a red cloud, giving him an icy stare.

"How did you raise your strength in such a short amount of time?"

The cloaked man's cold voice echoed in the surroundings, he said those words filled with magic power as if to intimidate his opponent, not like he expected it to work anyway.

The vice-guild master looked at his body and clenched his fist, he was filled to the brim with strength, despite being injured, when he received Revlo's buff, he was even stronger now when he was in his prime.

Not only that, his mind and vision were much clearer than before, like a man switching the video quality on YTube from 240p to 4k.

His perception and senses were also heightened, he honestly felt like he ranked up from a second-class master rank to a first-class master rank.

'I can win'

From that clash earlier, he suddenly gained the confidence to win against his opponent, he didn't question why a novice rank was able to power him up this much, his priority was to win this fight.

From Jason's expression, the cloaked could see what he was thinking and snorted with disdain.

"I don't know where you suddenly get that power-up from, but I can tell that it is not permanent, and did you think I was using 100% of my power?"

The aura around him grew more powerful as he roused up his magic power, the staff in his hands glowed brightly and his figure was clad in black lightning.

He gathered a large amount of mana into the staff as the black lightning around him danced and revolved around him like it was alive.

"Thunderstorm"

Black lightning aimed itself towards the vice-guild master with a loud boom.

The vice-guild master was sweating bullets, such an overwhelmed attack that was headed toward him stifled his breathing for a second.

He tried to calm himself down, he gathered his magic power and chanted an attack of his own to retaliate.

"Black Hole"

A black ball appeared in front of him and absorbed the majority of the black lightning.

But the attack was proven to be too powerful and the black hole destabilized.

"So this is the true power of a master-ranked magic weapon"

Jason exclaimed.

Revlo watched this battle while maintaining the role of a spectator, a battle on this level was too high for a novice rank like him.

The cloaked man knew he could not beat the vice-guildmaster on time, he turned his head and glanced at Revlo who standing around watching this battle.

His head hatched a plan and dived toward Revlo, intending to use him as a hostage.

"Shit! This bastard"

Jason knew what the cloaked man was going to do and chased after him.

He tried to teleport beside Revlo but the enemy had already arrived in front of Revlo.

Jason gritted his teeth and cursed at his carelessness.

However, at this moment...

"Grraaaaa"

A bear's roar entered everyone's ears, the cloaked man got smacked away with Browny's large paws.

His body flew like an arrow until he crash-landed on a large boulder that got obliterated into a million pieces from the impact.

In the middle of it, the man dropped his magic weapon, Revlo picked it up by using wind magic and brought it to his hands.

'More Free Stuff'

Both the cloaked man and the vice-guildmaster were surprised at Browny's sudden appearance.

They looked towards Revlo's feet and saw a large circular shadow beneath him, a horned bear emerged from that shadow and landed beside Revlo while glaring at the cloaked man, who wore a dumbfounded expression.

They scanned Browny with their magic sense and found out that Browny's strength was in the rank of a master.

A gloomy expression appeared on the cloaked man's face while Jason grinned from ear to ear.

"Kid, why didn't you tell me that you were a monster tamer?"

Jason asked, his curiosity towards Revlo was at an all-time high, this youngster appeared out of nowhere and did not show a hint of panic throughout this exchange.

Revlo glanced at him lightly before patting Browny's belly with his hands, his visage was calm and tranquil like a quiet and undisturbed lake.

Jason could tell that the 9 or 10-year-old kid in front of him was not someone ordinary, first the unbelievable amount of buffs that he gave him, and second, a master-ranked horned bear was protecting him.

"Sorry about that, it was for my protection"

Revlo replied, having Browny hide in his shadows was for his safety in case a really strong enemy that he could not handle were to attack him.

If a situation like that were to happen, he would be able to summon Browny immediately to land a surprise attack.

"Also, you should hurry up, my strengthening magic will wear off in one minute"

Revlo didn't even need to remind Jason as the latter had already launched himself towards the cloaked man.

Seeing that Jason was approaching, the cloaked man summoned a red cloud under his feet to fly away.

"Spatial Cage"

The vice-guildmaster did not give him that chance and chanted quickly.

The cloaked man's body suddenly felt heavy and felt that the air around him had turned solid.

At this point, he had trouble standing up, his face was still aching and his head was dizzy from Browny's attack earlier.

"Void Slash"

The vice-guildmaster followed it up with a magic attack.

The cloaked man chanted under a stifled breath.

"Blood Cloud Armor"

The red cloud around him started to materialize and cover his body, he crossed his arms and braced for impact.

*Ripppp

The slash managed to slice through the red cloud but it managed to soften up the attack just enough for the cloaked man to tank it.

Blood dripped out of his arms but he glared daggers at the gnome and Revlo behind the former.

His eyes landed on the ominous staff that Revlo held in his hands and the man's gaze turned even more vicious.

"Brat, give that back or I'll rip you to shreds and feed your flesh to the goblins"

The cloaked man said with killing intent as his eyes flashed with rage.

Revlo didn't reply, he turned a deaf ear to the man's threat and stored the magic weapon in his dimensional bag.

"YOU ARE COURTING DEATH!!"

(A/N: He said it, he said the thing)

The cloaked man's anger flared up to an unbelievable level, he shouted in rage and his eyes were bloodshot.

He also sensed the array plate inside Revlo's bag when the latter opened it, the man finally figured out that Revlo had the array plate and not the vice-guildmaster.

Although, he did not know how a novice rank was able to move the array plate much less even find its location.

However, he did think too much about it and just wanted to capture Revlo at all cost and return the things he had stolen.

However, before he could do that...

"Did you forget about me?"

A tiny fist approached his face and landed on his nose, the force of the punch sent him flying back once more.

"Ahh"

The man screamed in pain, he touched his nose with both of his hands and found out that it was completely broken.

"You! You!"

With a swollen nose and a swollen face, the man's eyes were red from pure anger.

"You are all dead!"

The man bellowed, mana gathered in his palms as he prepared to chant a spell.

"Hmph! Without your magic weapon, you are no longer a match for me"

The vice-guild master snorted in disdain, mana gathered in his palms as he prepared to chant his attack spell as well.

"Hyper Beam"

"Blood Lightning"

They chanted their respective magic attacks as both collided and caused devastation to the surroundings.

A bright light illuminate the surroundings, and the shockwaves themselves were loud enough to rupture one's eardrums.

Nevertheless, Jason's attack was mightier as it pushed back the cloaked man's attack in an overwhelming fashion.

A beam of death was headed towards the cloaked man, he closed his eyes like he just accepted his death.

However, the cloaked man's next actions earned a puzzled expression from the vice-guildmaster.

The cloaked man kneeled on the ground and said with a respectful tone like his previous angry expression was a lie.

"Welcome, my liege"

"Kekeke"

Jason's attack suddenly got dispersed as a cackling man appeared in front.

A spine-chilling aura suddenly descended upon them that made even the vice-guild master feel a tingling feeling in his scalp. 

Revlo's relaxed expression turned solemn, he narrowed his eyes while a drop of sweat was trickling down his forehead.

Revlo felt that his instincts were telling him to get away from here as soon as possible.

'This person is dangerous'

5