Vol. 2 Chapter 33: Reappearance
87 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Akashic Eye, is one of Revlo's special abilities.

It was not just limited to seeing the flow of mana, it could also see the past and future of anyone and any place.

An eye technique that could see through the laws of spacetime and see through the strings of fate.

Whenever Revlo activated this technique, his eyes would glow in a golden radiance while a rainbow-colored star polygon with 12 vertices would form on his cornea.

When Revlo was casually testing out this technique inside of his room in the inn, he was stunned to see the future of Turron Town that he almost thought he was seeing things.

Devastation and destruction were everywhere, houses and buildings were in tatters, corpses of people formed tiny mountains while rivers of blood flowed everywhere.

He only saw one day into the future and was surprised to see such a thing would happen so quickly.

The town was currently in a period of peace, when he looked out the window, he could see people chatting and laughing merrily, while adventurers were getting drunk in some bars, boasting about their achievements and whatnot.

It was such a large contrast to the devastated wasteland that he saw in his vision compared to how the town is now.

Revlo was only a novice rank, manipulating the forces of time and space much less seeing into the future should normally be out of his reach.

Because of the limitation of his strength, he only saw a flash, the image of the future that he saw did not even last for 0.1 seconds but with his photographic memory and his incredible kinetic vision, he was able to see it very clearly.

He exited his room and looked around, while activating his Akashic Eye, he could see a large dome-like structure covered with chains in the distance.

He could even see faint traces of a fight going on.

Danger signals inside Revlo's head rang loudly, he knew that something was going on behind the scenes, and his instincts were telling him that the giant dome in the distance had something to do with it.

Of course, no one else could see that giant dome, it was invisible and could not be sensed normally, otherwise with how big that dome was, it would attract a lot of attention.

So he rode on top of Browny and headed towards there without a second thought.

Revlo was not a hero of justice that would save a damsel of distress, even if murder were to happen in front of him, he wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Although, he was not completely heartless, because he only cared about himself and the people close to him.

But that doesn't apply to strangers that he doesn't even personally know, he wouldn't care if a bunch of strangers were in trouble or if a town were to get massacred.

The only reason he went to save the vice-guild master and opposed the people who were about to attack the town was pretty simple.

When there is danger, there will be opportunities.

More specifically, it had something to do with the current bottleneck that he was experiencing right now.

So far in this life, Revlo hasn't experienced any dangerous situations that would spur his growth.

It was common knowledge that one could experience a huge burst of growth if one were to push themselves into a life or death situation.

They used these scenarios as a way to prod the dormant potential hidden within them.

There were plenty of champions in the Fallen Star World that intentionally pit themselves in a troublesome situation that would almost get themselves killed just to get stronger.

There was a limit on how much they could grow from traditional training after all unless you have monstrous talent.

Those without the required talent sometimes would be unable to grow further no matter how much they train, which is a hard pill for most to swallow.

Of course, they had to get out with their lives intact, or else everything would go to waste if they just died.

Right now, Revlo was thinking of involving himself with whatever was going behind the scenes and hoped that the barrier that blocked the growth of his soul would be broken and take his first step into reaching the realm of godhood.

Or at least use this as an opportunity to loosen the bottleneck a bit, Revlo did not have high expectations but he had to try.

'This is the guy that caused all that mayhem? Did I see it wrong?'

When he saw that the cloaked man was only a third-class master rank, he was disappointed, even though the man was overpowering the vice-guild master before he arrived, that was only because of the assistance of the magic weapon that he wielded.

'This guy is not strong enough to cause that much destruction that I saw in just one day, either he has a secret weapon up his sleeves or he has other people working with him that are much stronger than him'

Revlo speculated as he spectated the battle between the vice-guild master and the cloaked man.

The dungeon was located outside the area where the dome-like structure was covered, even though he was confident that no one could escape his senses unless they were at least on the level of a demi-god, the same could not be said for his detection range.

The more his strength rises, the more his detection range increases, he was only a novice ranked champion, so his detection range could reach up to a 100-meter radius; which is what a typical expert-ranked champion's detection range would usually have.

Not even mentioning how absurd Revlo's detection range spanned out despite his low rank, Revlo was still not satisfied with this because an International master-ranked champion could travel the same distance in a flash.

Revlo could push it even further if he tried but that would require the usage of more mana.

Right now, he kept a 200-meter radius detection range with him as the center, to keep an eye out for an ambush or a sneak attack.

'When I have I have the time, I'll build signal repeaters and mana nodes to increase my detection range, by that point I will have a downgraded version of mana zone or a magic domain that only grandmaster-ranked champions exclusively possess'

Revlo was pretty confident that the cloaked man was not alone, Revlo may have shown a relaxed expression on the surface but he kept his guard up at all times and remained vigilant of the surroundings.

Just as when the vice-guildmaster was about to land the killing blow.

Revlo spotted something and he could feel electricity running through his head when a cackling man appeared and dispersed the vice-guild master's attack like it was nothing.

Revlo narrowed his eyes with a frown.

'A Saint? No, the magical aura he emits is only that of a master-ranked champion... but why do I feel that it is very similar to a saint-ranked champion?'

His eyes peered further as he strengthened his magic sense which completely escaped the senses of the necromancer.

'A cyan magic core but there are so many cracks and holes on it, so that was it, his magic core was badly damaged'

Revlo could pretty much guess everything from here.

This was the one weakness that the magic core method has, if the magic core is badly damaged, the champion will either be crippled or die.

In some cases, it could even result in a huge decrease in strength.

A champion's magic core is basically no different from a vital organ, like how they will be huge consequences if a single one of your organs were to be damaged, it was the same story for a magic core as well.

'This guy is pretty lucky to only suffer a decrease in strength despite the damage that his magic core received'

But despite knowing this, Revlo was aware that the severity of the situation was still present as he sent out a mental transmission towards the vice-guildmaster.

'Get back, you are no match for that guy'

Revlo's voice echoed inside Jason's head.

The vice-guild master's bones were creaking due to the pressure that the necromancer was sending out.

Cold sweat ran down his back as he stared at the man with a wary look.

When Revlo's message reached him, he slowly walked backward, he didn't have the leisure to be surprised at how a novice rank was able to send out a mental transmission that only expert ranks and above were able to do.

His instincts were screaming at him to get away from the cackling man as fast as possible.

"My liege, I have failed, please punish your worthless servant"

The cloaked man kneeled and said in a respectful tone.

The necromancer did not even look at him as his gaze shifted towards the vice-guildmaster, a kid that he had never seen before, and a mutated horned bear.

A smirk slowly appeared on his face.

"No need, we never would've known that the vice-guildmaster was a space magic user"

The necromancer said, his line of sight was locked on Revlo, and inhaled deeply.

"This scent... this blood, clansmen of the Mason Clan and a master-ranked horned bear, I can understand why you were unable to fulfill your mission"

The necromancer was not unreasonable and didn't scold his subordinate, when he lost his title as a vampire lord when his magic core got damaged, all of his servants and subordinates betrayed him and even chased him down for merit.

They changed sides pretty quickly and sided with the 'bitch' that schemed against him, just remembering this event gave him an unprecedented amount of rage.

Only the kneeling man behind him stayed by his side and stayed loyal, so his impression of the cloaked man was very good.

His figure flashed and arrived before the vice-guildmaster.

Before the latter could react, a hole appeared in his chest.

The vice-guildmaster spat out blood and fell flat on the floor.

This happened so fast that even the cloaked man who was kneeling on the ground was surprised, his mouth widened from shock.

5