Vol. 2 Chapter 34: Browny vs The Necromancer
96 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Revlo's enhancement magic, the vice-guildmaster, who was originally only a second-class master rank temporarily rose his strength into a first-class master rank.

Jason could feel the strengthening magic wearing off the moment the necromancer appeared.

'What bad timing'

The vice-guildmaster cursed and slowly retreated.

However, what happened next stunned him as the necromancer arrived in front of him and the next thing he knew, there was a hole in his chest.

He put his hand on it and saw a large amount of his blood pouring out.

Thankfully, his heart and magic core were intact but the injury he suffered was still serious and he faceplanted into the ground and was knocked out unconscious.

Revlo remained unfazed despite the necromancer's sudden actions, he turned his head to look at Browny and nodded.

Browny could tell what his master was thinking and launched himself towards the necromancer, despite the strength the latter displayed, Browny remained dauntless.

The horn on Browny's forehead glowed in white light.

The necromancer looked straight forward and saw that the horned bear was launching itself at him, he could feel the intense amount of magic power coming from that horned bear's horn.

The necromancer did not look too concerned though as a smirk emerged from his visage.

An energy beam was fired at him, this was Browny's full power attack.

"Blood Shield"

The necromancer chanted as a floating blood-red shield appeared in front of him.

*Boom

The energy beam crashed into the blood shield, the energy beam failed to penetrate, and the rest of the beam got scattered in multiple directions.

Nevertheless, cracks were starting to form on the blood shield as Browny kept firing the energy beam from his horn without stopping.

The necromancer's eyes gleamed and scrutinized Browny with his gaze.

"So many buffs"

Browny was only a third-class master rank, he couldn't possibly have the ability to create some cracks on the shield.

"The power should be comparable to the rock golem monsters that I recently got"

The necromancer assessed, a hint of greed appeared in his eyes, unfortunately, there was a limit on how many master-ranked summonses he could get with his current strength.

"A horned bear is typically only a novice rank monster, but this one broke past the limitations of his species without the help of a mutation stone or any form of external assistance"

He said as he looked at Browny up and down, scrutinizing him with his gaze.

"Natural Mutation"

In the adventurer's guild, there is a thousand-page monsters index that tells the designated threat level of each monster species.

An example was how trolls were only rated as intermediate rank monsters because most trolls could only reach that rank and could not evolve further and become an expert rank level threat.

Why?

Because most monsters do not possess proper intelligence, the magic cores in their bodies are incomplete, they have a harder time getting stronger compared to humans.

And because their magic cores are incomplete, there was a limit on how much these monsters could grow.

These were the most common monsters.

In simpler terms, they have natural limiters applied to them, that prevented most monsters from growing further than their designated threat level, but there are a select few that broke past these limiters and became much stronger and faster than most of the monsters of their species.

They are called mutated monsters or irregular monsters.

An expert or higher-ranked troll could be considered an irregular monster, and it is obvious that Browny fits this category.

Just like how they are talented people among the humans, just like how some people are naturally better at something than others, the same concept applied to monsters as well.

This was also one of the reasons why Revlo wanted Browny to become his tamed monster.

If Browny was a human, with the talent he displayed, the latter would be praised as a monstrous genius, a species of monsters that are said to be only a novice rank but Browny broke past those limiters and was now a master rank.

It was also a fact that most monster tamers prefer to tame irregular monsters.

How terrifying was Browny's talent?

"I must have him"

The necromancer was already having thoughts of stealing Browny away.

He could only have a maximum amount of four master-rank monsters as his summons, he was already thinking of discarding one of the rock golems that he found in the dungeon.

It was obvious that Browny had more potential to grow compared to those unremarkable golems.

Browny did not know what the necromancer was thinking.

Even if he did, Browny would've scoffed in disdain, his loyalty towards Revlo was very high and it would take something like a betrayal for him to lose trust in his owner.

After failing to destroy the red shield, Browny approached in front of the necromancer, raised his powerful stubby arms, and smashed the shield, successfully shattering it.

The necromancer was not flustered by this and continued to look at Browny with greedy eyes and emanated a strong pressure on the surroundings.

Browny's body jolted and did his best to resist, he did not like the look on the necromancer's face and sent another claw attack towards him, intending to smash the opponent's face.

The ground beneath them shook violently from the force of Browny's attack.

Browny grinned confidently but it immediately disappeared when the dust cleared and revealed that the necromancer caught his paws with ease.

Browny was startled and tried to pry away from the man's iron grip.

'As expected, his physical characteristics did not decrease along with his magic'

Revlo commented inside his head while watching this confrontation, he raised his head and looked up as his eyes glowed in a golden radiance and saw that the dome had already dissolved by more than half, there was already a large hole that opened up on the top.

'Looks like it is time to leave, the opponent was a former vampire lord, I need more preparations'

He made some hand gestures, and a tiny totem in his left hand started to glow, as a magic circle suddenly appeared underneath his feet, he also made sure to apply some stealth on it so the others wouldn't be able to see it.

While Revlo was planning his escape route, Browny was trying to pull his arm away from the necromancer's vice-like grip.

Browny showed a vicious look, and the horn on his forehead started to glow once again.

Seeing this, the necromancer gathered a large amount of dark energy into his hand and crushed Browny's paw.

Browny painful screams reached everyone's ears.

The horn on Browny's forehead stopped glowing and returned to its original state.

"Embrace death and become my summon, it is a lot better than being a tamed monster by some kid, even if he is from the Mason Clan"

The necromancer proceeded to persuade Browny, dark red wisps of energy started to gather around Browny's arm and were slowly spreading all over his body.

"Blood Drain"

Browny could feel himself losing strength and felt tired for some reason.

While the necromancer could feel himself slowly getting stronger and his grin grew bigger and bigger.

Browny started to feel dizzy and kneeled on the ground, although Browny still towered over the necromancer.

Revlo was still not worried, he knew more than anyone that Browny's willpower was not to be taken lightly.

Revlo proceeded with what he was doing without a hitch, the only reason no one was paying attention to him was probably that no one here considered him as an actual threat as he was only a pitiful novice rank.

In the eyes of the enemy, Revlo was nothing more than a lamb surrounded by wolves.

Revlo took advantage of their cockiness and made some preparations.

Although, he could feel a gaze full of hate locked on him.

Revlo did not need to take a look to know who it was, it was the dude he stole the magic weapon from.

The cloaked man in the distance could see that Revlo was doing something, but he only looked at the latter in contempt and hatred while thinking that his actions were nothing more than a desperate attempt to survive.

'Just you wait, I'll tear you to shreds and feed you to the magma wolves as I watch you scream in agony'

Since his master did not order him to do anything, he just stood there quietly as he watched his master overpower the horned bear.

"Why do you resist so much? Just die and become my summon"

Seeing that Browny was heavily resisting, the necromancer's brows furrowed and increased the power of his blood drain.

Browny felt a shortness of breath as he did his best to stay conscious, he gritted his teeth and stood up while glaring daggers at the enemy.

"Impressive, as expected from an irregular"

The necromancer praised, his eyes were filled with delight.

"Your willpower and loyalty towards your master are very strong"

The necromancer said as he glanced at Revlo.

'I can't kill him, he has the blood of a Mason, I don't know if he has a soul tracker on him if I take action against him and those bastards from the Mason Clan were to come after me...'

He had already scanned the area and confirmed that there were no hidden powerhouses that were protecting Revlo, right now, he was considering what he should do to him.

The Mason Clan was not something that he could go against, even the entirety of the Vampire Race could not even hold a candle against the Mason Clan themselves.

As a former vampire lord, he knew the true terror of the Mason Clan very clearly, even the Vampire King would not have any thoughts of opposing them.

In the middle of his thoughts, he snapped his head and looked at Browny when the latter spat a marble at him.

A sense of crisis suddenly rang inside his head, he instinctively raised his hands to catch it, but he regretted his actions a second later.

"Shi.."

He couldn't finish what he had to say as a dazzling bright light covered the surroundings and spread around like a tidal wave.

5