Vol. 2 Chapter 36: Monster Parade
351 7 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After experiencing the brunt of the solar flare magic, burnt marks could be seen all over the necromancer's face and arms.

The black cloak he was wearing had holes in them as well.

"Krkk, that bastard!"

The necromancer was no longer smiling as he looked at the condition of his body.

"My magic core...no..."

He closed his eyes and inspected the cyan crystal inside his body.

He could see that there were more cracks on it now.

To defend himself against that solar flare attack, he had to use magic on a level higher than a master rank.

The burden of using higher-level magic brought more damage to his magic core, as a result, his strength has regressed from a super first-class master rank to a first-class master rank.

Noticing the damage, the necromancer ground his teeth that they almost cracked and his eyes were bloodshot.

"That brat, I don't care if you are from the Mason Clan, I will kill you!"

Resentment grew in his heart, he lived long enough to know that all of this was the result of Revlo's scheme.

Revlo made Browny fight the necromancer, which should've been a foolish move since it was very obvious that Browny was not a match for the necromancer.

The necromancer thought Revlo was a fool as well, but little did he know that this is what Revlo had wanted.

He used this opportunity so the necromancer would let down his guard just as he was on the verge of subduing Browny so the latter could launch a surprise attack.

People's defenses would go down and their tense bodies would instinctively relax the moment before they would achieve victory.

If Revlo threw the marble from the get-go, sure, the necromancer would still be hurt but it wouldn't be as effective since the necromancer could smell Revlo's blood and knew that the latter belonged to the Mason Clan.

It was a given that children like Revlo who has such a powerful background would possess treasures that could preserve their life.

The necromancer would be on guard against that, so Revlo created a scenario where the necromancer would be so drunk on his victory that he wouldn't suspect that the other side could still turn the tables on him.

The necromancer wouldn't suspect that the magic marble would be hidden inside Browny's mouth as well.

And all of this was happening while Revlo was setting up their escape.

"Cunning brat."

The necromancer cursed.

The necromancer put his hands under his cloak and pulled a potion and drank it, even though vampires enjoyed having an impressive self-healing ability, magic attacks that contained the power of the sun would render it useless.

Although he was still covered in burnt marks, he still healed a little bit.

Screams of agony reached his ears, he turned his head to look behind him and saw his subordinate writhing and rolling on the ground while being on fire.

"Ahhhhh."

A look of disdain appeared on the necromancer's face and walked toward his subordinate.

"M-my liege, s-save me, ahhh."

Screams of pain reverberated in the forest, while a frown appeared on the necromancer's face.

"Looks like your worth has been used up."

There was no saving his subordinate, that solar flare spell seemed like it was casted by a strong being, the fire that was burning away at his subordinate's body possessed the trait of the sun itself.

The necromancer had no way of extinguishing it.

The fire will eat away at his subordinate's body until the latter turns to ash.

He crouched down and put his hands on the subordinate's forehead.

"M-my liege!"

The subordinate was horrified, he had used all the methods that he could to extinguish this fire however, the fire was too resilient and kept burning his body.

He felt his insides were being cooked, he had no choice but to rely on his liege to help him.

But after he heard the necromancer's words, his already pale face turned even paler and despair clouded his eyes.

"No! My liege, I don't want to die!"

He tried to move the necromancer's hands away from his face, however, no matter how much strength he exerted, the necromancer's hands wouldn't budge.

"Blood Sacrifice."

The subordinate was immediately covered in a bloody aura, his skin turned red and his body was slowly turning into liquid.

"My liege... Why!"

The man screamed and pleaded however, the necromancer did not even flinch from his words and continued to absorb his body's energy, blood, and even his magic core.

The necromancer made sure to avoid the flames as the subordinate's body dried up like a mummy.

The sun fire did not care for the condition of the subordinate's body as it continued to burn his lifeless vessel and eventually turned to ash.

After he was finished, the man closed his eyes and looked at his magic core being slowly repaired and his strength returned to a super first-class master rank once more.

"Delicious."

The necromancer licked his dry lips and made a satisfied face.

However, an intense wave of pain covered his entire body.

"Ahhh!"

The necromancer screamed in pain.

Blood sacrifice without a proper ritual could have negative consequences, the only reason he rushed to absorb his subordinate's energy and magic core was that his subordinate did not have much time left until he would turn into ash from the sun fire.

Blood sacrifice is a forbidden magic that is exclusive to the vampire race.

It could absorb one's blood and magic core to strengthen and heal the user with the victim's sacrifice.

One of the requirements to use this magic was that the victim should either be alive or the death should be fresh.

Due to the vile and evil nature of the technique, the vampire king issued a ban on learning the forbidden magic.

He was caught red-handed using this magic which is the reason why he was exiled and hunted down by the other vampires.

"If I succeed, performing a blood sacrifice on a wide scale, with the town's population, I'll finally be able to rank up to an International master..."

An image suddenly flashed inside his mind of Revlo and the others that had managed to escape from his grasp.

His face suddenly distorted and turned even more ugly.

"I can't rest now, they will probably alert my existence to them."

The necromancer suppressed the pain and pulled out a crystal orb with a combination of a disgusting green and black color.

If the guildmaster and Revlo were still here, they would recognize this item.

"The dungeon core."

A crystallization of impure mana that serves as the core for a dungeon's existence.

"If I break this, the dungeon will disappear."

The necromancer grinned and gripped the dungeon core in his hands.

"However, if I inject my spirit into this, the dungeon will be mine to control."

He turned his head to look in the direction of the town.

"I hope the town will like my gift, kekeke."

The crystal orb in his hands glowed and so did the dungeon in the distance.

The ground shook violently and monsters broke out of the dungeon entrance like an erupting volcano.

"Awoooo"

"Kraaaaa"

"Roar"

A parade of monsters swept through the forest.

"Those bastards, they acted so quick."

The vice-guildmaster said in a weak voice as he wore a solemn expression on his face.

"What did you say? Are you saying those bastards were responsible for the dungeon outbreak?"

The guildmaster asked.

"There is no one else that came to mind, looks like Ironclaw failed."

"That incompetent bastard, this issue had gotten even more troublesome."

Hendrick cursed, black lines had started appearing on his face.

"Now that I think about it, that strong guy only appeared much later, I could also see a small trace of Ironclaw's magic on him... looks like Ironclaw was his first victim."

The vice-guildmaster said while wearing a thoughtful expression.

"Are you saying that Ironclaw is dead?"

The vice-guildmaster did not reply immediately and stared at the guild master in the eyes.

"It is just my speculation, I hope I am wrong."

The vice-guild master's face looked weak but still managed to answer all of the guild master's questions.

"Also, that huge beam of light..."

"I don't have a clue about it, I was knocked out at that time."

Jason replied before Hendrick could finish.

The guild master turned his head to look at the receptionist.

"Call for an emergency alert, a dungeon outbreak is heading this way, and tell the town lord that some powerful master rank champions are intending to attack the town."

The receptionist, who received the order, bowed her head and left the room.

"F*ck, two of our master ranks are out, let's just hope that our defensive magic array could hold on until help from other towns and cities arrive."

The guild master said and looked at the black substance of the vice-guild master's body.

"It looks like a life-draining curse, are you going to be okay?"

The guild master said worriedly.

"I'm fine, it is a weak curse, I can suppress it for now."

The vice-guild master assured.

"*sigh* We don't have anyone in the town that could dispel it, I have already sent someone from the other towns to seek help."

The guild master stood up and turned his head to look at a 9-year-old boy playing around with a heavy totem while a horned bear was being attended by one of the healers.

"We would appreciate it if we could receive your help."

The guild master bowed slightly.

Facing a dungeon outbreak and an attack from hostile master rank champions, they needed all the help they could get.

Of course, the 'help' that the guild master wanted was for Revlo to lend the strength of his tamed monster.

Revlo may be an excellent champion for his age and a monstrous genius but the guild master thought that Revlo's actual strength would not help much in the situation.

The guild master was also not shameless enough to ask for help from the Mason Clan through Revlo.

The Mason Clan was such a massive superpower that the guild master would not have the guts to ask them to take care of the town's problems.

Hearing the guild master's words, Revlo did not even glance back at him and nodded.

The guild master also nodded back and left the room.

The vice-guild master who was lying down on a bed glanced at Revlo who was tinkering with a heavy totem-looking object.

Curious, the vice-guild master could not help but ask.

"Is that the array plate of that magic array that got us trapped inside that dome?"

Revlo took his eyes off the array plate, looked at the vice-guild master with an expressionless face, and nodded.

After that, Revlo did not pay him any more attention as his gaze returned to the totem, his fingers, concentrated with mana, tapped and skimmed around the array plate like he was typing a message on a smartphone.

"No wonder we got away."

The vice-guild master smiled and his gaze shifted to the totem as well.

With his eyes and senses, he could see the structure and components inside the array plate were getting re-arranged and improvised.

Jason's eyes bulged from shock.

'Such skills!'

4