Chapter 3 – Determination III
478 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The princess gazes at how the light on Hero makes the man look like a messiah, sent to guide humanity. How it dances across the surface of his armor, casting a dazzling array of reflections that illuminate the ground and the chainmail of the archers and armors of the knights. She can't keep her eyes off. Captivated by his chiseled features that blur and soften in the glow that envelops his entire being, as if he's surrounded by a sphere of warmth that causes the air to shimmer with magical energy. Despite the passing of a heavenly cycle since their last encounter, Rosaria feels as if it's the first time she has laid eyes upon such a handsome man, and her stomach flutters with the heady excitement of a youth struck by a Cupid's arrow.

As she watches, she hears a rumbling sound coming from above, like a thunderstorm brewing. Hero's hand extended, waiting for hers, makes him look as if he's offering her a chance to ascend to the heavens. This man is no mere mortal, and her senses tell her that he should be followed at all costs. Why struggle in an unpleasant and unfamiliar environment when the gates to paradise are wide open? The hardships and worry over preparing stupid meals or trying to satisfy someone insatiable would all vanish. She's a princess, she deserves no less than a perfect and worry-free life.

Rosaria's cheeks bloom with vivid cherry red as she takes a tentative step toward Hero. Your life is set to be complete if you go with this man. There's no question about it. Why did she run over to Xal in the first place? What did she escape from?

The last thing she remembers of the Kingdom is the end of war celebration two heavenly cycles ago and then the reward ceremony, where she saw Xal storm off in a fit of rage. She chose to follow him, outside the Royal Quarters. For what reason? She doesn't know. Out of her own volition, without coercion from anything or anyone, she has stuck with Xal, despite all the struggles. She knows returning to the castle has always been an option, back into the safety and comfort of Hero's arms.

When thinking about all of this, goosebumps appear on the princess' skin and the guilt and uncertainty ripple through her like a cold wave, sending shivers down her spine and pulling her out of her daze. She notices that she's stuck in the middle of the path between Hero and Xal, one foot still suspended mid-air. When the hell did I end up here? Just a second ago, she was standing next to Xal. Looking at him, she can't help but notice the disinterest etched onto his face, as if waiting for this moment to pass. On the opposite side, Hero remains standing with his hand extended, though the rumbling has stopped and most of the glamor and shine around him faded, leaving only his striking good looks and divine-like eyes intact.

While the princess struggles with her internal turmoil, she starts taking steps back and looks at Hero with a pained expression,「Hero, I... do not think this is a good idea... Why did you come?」

Hero responds with his eyes wide in shock, 「What? Rosaria, w-what are you saying?」

Unable to bear his gaze, she clutches her hand over her chest in an attempt to calm her intense guilt. Xal watches this exchange with confusion before breaking into a fit of wild laughter. 「Hahahaha!」 his shrill outburst echoes around the area, causing a commotion among the surrounding troops. He then spreads out his hands dramatically, and bellows, 「You heard her, Hero! She does not desire the favor of the Goddess' chosen!」

「No, wait! That's not what I... Xal!」 Rosaria frantically tugs at his shirt, as if scolding him for his behavior. She doesn't want a rift between these two, but will Xal listen?

「Well, may I suggest taking your entourage and scramming now, Hero」 Xal demands with a shit-eating grin while coiling his arm around the princess' waist and pulling her closer, so that her ample breasts press against his chest, flattening and spilling out of her cleavage in her white one-piece dress.

Hero watches in disbelief as he grips the handle of his sheathed sword.「Princess Rosaria! But why!? Explain yourself!」

The princess feels a lump in her throat. There's nothing to explain, she just needs to stop this conflict from getting worse. If they become friends again then everything will return to normal. Like the way it was in the earliest days of their journey — her and Hero hand in hand, with Xal and the rest of the party closely behind, discovering and exploring the lands the world had to offer. Oh right, her hand. Realizing she's still holding onto Xal's shirt and that she's been pulling him closer so that even her stomach and hips are touching his body, her mind feels like it's in shambles.

「I-I don't know! I'm just confused, I...」 she blurts out, her words tumbling out in a jumbled mess. She just feels like she can't help herself.

Hero takes a few steps closer, his teeth clenched with anger as he speaks, 「Confused? About what? You know honor and glory await us on the throne! Think of the life we should share together. The two of us, leading the world into a brighter and righteous path! Rosaria, please, stop this foolishness at once, you already know which path is destined for you! The stage has already been set! Come to me and let us play our roles in history!」

The princess cannot refute his words. She has and is being foolish. But the thought of returning to that path still causes a sense of unease within her that she cannot explain. Failing to find a response, Rosaria instead shuffles her feet awkwardly and lowers her gaze, guilt written all over her face.

「It's futile Hero, she already said she doesn't want to,」 Xal interjects, the turmoil causing a wicked grin to play on his lips, 「Given how you dogs choose to treat your people, I can't blame her!」

While he's speaking, Rosaria's eyes widen in alarm. She feels Xal's gripping hand move to her ass cheek, roughing it up. She can hardly believe this man's audacity. She squirms and bites her lip when his hand slides over her backpiece, mushing up the folds in her skin through the smooth fabric, dragging the cloth down, stretching it until it's taut, then releasing it, making her cheek bounce. Blushing fiercely, she takes a quick peek at Hero, relieved to see that he has not noticed Xal's inappropriate behavior.

「She may hold the title of princess, but I believe her sister and the princes will have no issue picking up her slack. Just let it go already, or what, you won't permit her to stay with a friend?」 he continues.

「Be silent Xalvari! Destiny isn't yours to decide!」 Hero retorts him before turning back to Rosaria, 「Princess Rosaria, do you not see the divine forces at work here? It is not for you to trifle with! Tell me, Princess, why will you not return with me?」

With her body made hypersensitive by the countless nights spent with Xal, the princess finds it difficult to keep her composure. The only thing on her mind is the feeling of the hand that has been gripping her behind becoming even more sensual as the fingers more eagerly dig into her skin. She clutches onto her one-piece dress in frustration, feeling forced to remember something she had long buried deep within her. Memories surrounding the events of her first time alone with Xal, during their journey to defeat the Demon King.

At that time, she had interacted with no other men besides Hero, something she herself chose not to. From the first moment, when she laid her eyes upon him and chose him to become Hero, granting him her blessings through illumination, he was her one and only favorite. All day and night, her world revolved around him. However, it was nothing less than her and Hero reaching the age of adulthood that disrupted the status quo. That's right, that one night, while camping outside of a small town, she had invited Hero into her private tent — a spacious and luxurious structure reserved only for nobles or royalty like herself, her retainer, and the Elf Princess. Even after she went to great lengths of finding a way to distract the two other girls so that she and Hero could enjoy some privacy, the meeting ended with her emerging from the tent, frustrated and sad.

Seeking solace, she secretly made her way to a nearby lake, intending to clear her mind with a dip. To her shock, in the midst of removing her silky nightgown, she saw Xal — already there, in the lake, crouched butt-naked, busy washing himself and unaware of her presence. Younger Rosaria was just about to reprimand him, to shoo him away so that a princess like her could have the whole lake for herself. But when he suddenly arose and started stretching, her eyes inadvertently drifted down to his crotch. A surprised yelp exposed her presence. Before Xal saw her, she had fled back to her tent, with a heart beating in a frenzy, and cheeks flushed in a vivid cherry red under the blue of the starry night sky. Up until that point, Rosaria had never directly spoken to the two other men that existed in her party besides Hero, save for a few pleasantries and greetings here and there, or the occasional nod before entering a battle. Only her retainer, Elf Princess and Hero were to be graced with her conversation. However, ever since that day, the princess had started taking more notice of Xal and gradually began speaking more often with him.

In the middle of her recollection, Rosaria realizes that she has inadvertently pushed out her ass, further into the fondling hand, which has begun to make circles, pinching through the fabric, as if asking to be let under. Her blush intensifies, and she takes another quick glance at Hero, only hoping that she has been discreet enough for him to remain unaware. She forces her legs together to hide the mess that has been dripping down her crotch before finally muttering, 「Hero... I don't know, I can't tell you, just... leave us alone already.」

Xal doesn't miss a chance. 「Listen to her, why don't you go back to your capital, to your palaces, and enjoy whatever harems they rewarded you with?」 he says with a smirk while his hand is still trying to wiggle in between Rosaria's buttcheeks.

「Or is that what you've brought with you today, Hero?」 his smirk turns into a wide grin.

5