Chapter 2
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tears flew down my face. What? But this didn't make sense. I thought she . . . I tried to keep myself together but I was choking on my tears. Annie was talking but I wasn't taking in her words. 

"I-I understand." I managed to muster then I hung up. 

I ran from the chair I was in and charged into my room, sobbing. I heard my sister on the phone then suddenly she was yelling. She charged into my room.

"Did Annie?"

"Yeah. It's fine." 

"Oh that little twerp. Imma find her and-"

"Don't. Just don't."

"F-fine!" I heard her sigh.

"Can you go?"

"But-"

"Just leave Abi!"

She sighed angrily and left the room, closing the door behind her. I didn't know what I had done wrong. My phone buzzed. I looked. A message from Annie,

'Hey, I'm sorry. Can we still be friends?'

'Yeah, whatever.

My sadness was replaced with anger and I cried out. I sobbed and slowly fell asleep.

 

In the morning I had to go to school. My sister managed to make me feel better and told me she wasn't worth my time. I had one of the worst weeks ever. I kept avoiding Annie until I was in one of her classes and I saw her laying on a chair with sunglasses on. Come to think of it, she had started wearing sunglasses all week. I walked to her and crouched down,

"Hey. You alright?"

She glanced at me, "Just tired."

I reached forward but she flinched when I moved. I stopped. Then reached over and snatched her sunglasses. She covered her eyes. I pulled her hands away and was shocked at the sight. Huge bags were under her eyes and she looked dead tired. 

"When was the last time you slept?"

"Like three days ago?"

"Three? Oh my god Annie." I reached forward and hugged her, "Please sleep. Please?"

She sighed, "I'll try."

I smiled and got up and left. 

 

I worried for her that whole week. I was scared to play Minecraft because of the incident that had happened before but I did play on Saturday. It just so happened that it was Jack's birthday. I was playing when I got a message. I clicked on it.

'Hey do you wanna date?' It was from Jack. 

'What?'

'Yeah. Do you?' I had to think about this

Okay.' Two seconds later, 'Tell me now. Please please please please' He began spamming and I didn't know what to say.

'Why?'

'I'm not looking for the looks but the personality and you have a great personality.'

I sighed then messaged him back, 'Sure but I want to keep it a secret.'

'Yay'

Jack liked me?! I nearly dropped my phone. But a calm thought came over  me, "Well, I guess I have a boyfriend now." I spoke out loud and laughed after I did. 

 

Monday was awkward for me. Jack sat next to me on the bus and we talked the whole way. He would laugh at everything I said. He was obsessed. We got off the bus and he headed towards his class. I headed towards mine happily. Most of my friends figured it out and at lunch Jack clung to me. I didn't say anything. My friends asked about him and I shrugged and said we were dating. One of my friends saw the look in my face and pulled me aside one day.

"Hey."

"What?" I smiled in a fake way.

"You don't actually like Jack, do you?"

I sighed, "I don't know. I think so. I'm warming up to him . . ."

"But you don't, do you?"

I nodded slowly. 

My friend moved forward and hugged me. I hugged her back.

"It'll be alright." She told me, "Okay?" But she was dead wrong. 

It was a while later before I realized that I really did want to break up with Jack. It just wasn't working. I told one of my friends that it was fine for her to tell one other person. The decision was stupid of me because the person that she told was someone who didn't know how to keep a secret. The person told everyone and eventually told Annie and then she told Jack. Jack got super mad at me and instead of me doing the sensible thing, I blamed Annie and called her a bitch. 

He got even more mad and broke up with me, going to Annie and calling me Mother fucking bitch. It hurt but I felt happy. This was one of the only  times that I had felt happy to be out of a relationship . . . Well other than a time I dated someone for 3 hours but that's an entirely different story. But I told my friends and they felt bad. I only told a couple that I was actually relieved. Jack avoided me for awhile until he came up to me one day,

"Hey Olivia?  Can we still be friends. You're super nice and well it's fun to have someone like you around."

Should i make a short story off of the 3 hour relationship?
  • Yes Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2
1