Chapter 3
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Norin was put in the wheelchair, the nurse stayed with him, but the doctor left. "I hope you remain in the coma for the rest of your life, I don't wish for you to die, but I hope you and your family will suffer. My child and husband died because of your failure!" whispered the nurse into the boy's ear. Then she pushed Norin away from the bed, and a small vaccine from her pocket and grabbed Norin's wrist and was about to fix it and inject the vaccine into him, but before the needle could have touched Norin, his arm was moved away from the needle, and suddenly hit the nurse's stomach and then moved back to its original position. As for the nurse, she fell to her knees and coughed.

The woman stayed down for a few minutes but then stood up and declared, "Bastard! I don't care anymore; I will kill you, alright!". The woman gripped her needle and trusted it towards Norin's neck, but the woman's wrist was suddenly grabbed before the needle could reach his neck. The woman grabbed Norin's hand and tried to free her arm, but she was not successful. The more she struggled, the stronger Norin squeezed her wrist until she kneeled down again, but she didn't let go of her weapon and instead tried to push it closer to the neck of Norin. However, the door opened, and the doctor and a girl walked into the room.

The moment the two women entered the room, Norin opened his eyes and looked at the surprised nurse who was still trying to push her weapon. "What the..." asked Norin and suddenly twisted the woman's hand so quickly that her wrist gave a slight cracking sound and dropped her weapon. "What am I doing here? Where am I?" asked Norin and let go of the nurse's hand, who then collapsed. The doctor rushed over to Norin and asked, "Mr Luhf, how do you feel?" then she quickly picked up the vaccine the nurse wanted to use on Norin. Norin looked at the doctor and answered, "Who are you?". The doctor instantly replied, "Mr Luhf, please answer my question; you have been hospitalised for three years. It is very important that you answer honestly." The other woman who came with the doctor walked over to Norin with tears in her eyes. She had long brown hair and was wearing a training outfit, and once she got next to Norin, she quietly spoke up, "Brother... is it really you? You finally woke up?!" Norin looked at the girl and uttered, "Liz? Is that you? What happened? You are all grown up now!" The doctor interrupted him by statin, "Mr Luhf, you can ask your sister about anything later, I am sure she will answer your questions, but now let's focus on your current state. How much can you remember? What happened? What is your last memory?" Norin closed his eyes, and after reopening them, he stated, "I don't know, I can remember going to middle school and hanging out with my friends, but I can tell that many things happened after that, but I can't seem to remember anything about that era. I think my very last memory is my mother telling me that she is about to discover something big. Also, I have a minor headache".

Two men entered the room, grabbed the nurse and dragged her out. And the doctor grabbed her phone and started reading something on it. At one point, she narrowed her eyes and then turned back to Norin, "Interesting, I have to say, you are relatively lucky, to some extent. Based on what, you have a minor headache, and only this amount of memory loss is considered extremely lucky. No, I will be taking my leave, I won't bother you any longer, and I apologise for what happened to you; we will deal with that nurse, so please don't worry... she will receive severe punishment!"

The doctor left the room and walked over to the elevator on the other side of the corridor. Once she stepped into the elevator, she said, "Negative three!"; The elevator closed its door and started descending; the doctor called someone on her phone, "Going BG3 will be there soon, had some problems with a nurse, so please take care of her, APPROPRIATELY. Yes. Yes. Alright."; after she finished talking, the elevator had already opened, so she stepped out and put her phone into her pocket. A long corridor from the elevator led to a single door through which a large room was located. There was a large interface levitating in its centre in that room, and next to it stood a doctor. Around the interface, there were dozens of chairs. The man was the doctor who asked her to go and prepare Norin. Once she entered and the other doctor noticed her, the man gently flipped his hand, and the interface vanished, and in its place, and three-dimensional brain appeared, which was slowly rotating around.

"I think I found something interesting, and the reason why Mr Luhf's number was so strange.", stated the man once the other doctor got closer. Then added, "We had a very similar case a few months ago, but that time the machine was actually damaged in the process because the individual was awake. Since Mr Luhf was in a coma, the reaction of the virus was weaker. In addition, we have more durable measuring devices."; and walked closer to the woman and gave her a paper. "Wait, you are saying that his concentration was beyond 9999?" asked the woman, while being shocked upon reading what she was given. The man walked back, close to the hologram and pulled his phone out. "Usually those who have gained abilities have some, but still, a very small amount of virus concentration in their brain, as you can see here." stated the man. And after tapping his phone, the hologram slightly changed; a few tiny green dots appeared around the brain. Then the doctor continued, " Those with higher concentration have, of course, higher concentration in their brain. That girl with a concentration beyond 9999 should have had quite a colourful display here; however, Mr Luhf... he was different." after pressing another button, the digital brain turned entirely green filled with yellow dots. The woman stepped back and stuttered, "W-what i-is this?!"; then the man continued. "His concentration is so high in some areas that it is not even green but yellow. After comprehensively examing him today before being taken out of the machine, I have finally understood. He was not in a coma; he was in an incubation state. It usually took around a week, rarely three weeks, but in his case, it was three years. But then again, he should be off the chart in power if he was really infected, and of course, he shouldn't have suffered memory loss. "

The man tapped his phone once again, and the hologram vanished; and he sat down on one of the chairs close to him and invited the other doctor with a wave. She sat down next to him. "Now, let's talk a bit about the business. We must send people to monitor him and make sure he survives; remember what SHE foretold! I have a feeling, and my feelings have never betrayed me before; we will have some events to face soon. And I am even willing to bet that it will be related to the infected ones." commented the man. "Should I send someone to monitor him then?" replied the woman. The man stood up and smiled, then walked towards the door and added, "I will inform you later."

0