Chapter 10
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
After Norin's punch, both Anne and Mr Bros were left speechless. Only Norin's loud scream brought them back to reality. They instantly looked at Norin, who was kneeling on the ground holding his hand, which was bleeding. His knuckles were dislocated, and they pierced his skin. Four of his fingers were so severely broken that his bones penetrated his skin and were clearly visible. "Notice! You are injured!" a message popped up for Norin, who stopped screaming but was still breathing heavily due to the pain he felt. "Notice! New skill, Healing, acquired!" another message popped up, but Norin didn't even see it as all he could focus on was the pain he felt. On the white floor, Norin's blood slowly formed a small pool. Suddenly Mr Bros pulled a small container from his pocket and kneeled down next to Norin. "This will sting a bit but will mitigate your pain," said Mr Bros and was about to inject the green liquid into Norin's arm, but a loud and frightening cracking sound stopped him, and as he looked at Norin's hand, he accidentally let go of the container. The side of the container was damaged, and the fluid inside started leaking out.
 
Norin's broken bones suddenly started regenerating, and after another very loud crack, his knuckles seemed to be fixed. After that, his skin and flesh started slowly healing. It was slow but was fast enough for everyone to notice it. Everyone was shocked at how fast Norin's hand started healing. Finally, Norin closed his healing hand and stood up and announced. "Are you happy now? Now it is your turn. Tell me, where are they; what do you know about them?" then stared at Mr Bros, who stood up while Norin spoke. Mr Bros walked back to his char and sat down, then added, "Not yet. Now I am sure you are not an infected, nor are you a mutant; the butler would have tried to counter your attack if you were one! But you are not an average human being; otherwise, you wouldn't have managed to show such strength. Also, this healing speed..." Norin suddenly sat down on the last chair, right in front of Mr Bros, and put his now almost fully healed hand onto the table. Mr Bros stopped talking for a few seconds but, with great confidence, continued, "I know you lost most of your memory regarding the last few years. Also, after running a few medical checks on you, we have deducted that you have ceased to age. You are 23 years old, but your body is biological seems to be only 20. Your eye and hair colour changed... and suddenly you got relatively powerful." Mr Bros put his phone on the table, and it projected a picture of Norin how he looked before. After a moment, Mr Bros tapped his phone, the image vanished and then added, "Your punch was quite something. I am sure you would have seriously injured an average, everyday person with that force. Right?" Mr Bros looked at the bot, who was still learning to the wall the way he hit it. No response came from him. Mr Bros tapped his phone multiple times, but nothing happened, and he got more and more frustrated. "What the hell happened? Why can't it respond?! It had one job but failed like that? I will have to have him taken back. What the... How?! INCALCULABLE!?" said Mr Bros and jumped up as he finished speaking. Norin, on the other hand, was still staring at him coldly.
 
"Notice! Skill, Stare, acquired" a new message popped up and vanished soon after. Mr Bros sat back down and looked Norin dead in the eye and continued, "I guess it's time for you to learn what you forgot or rather what you can't remember regarding your family. First, Your mother. She was a very scientist; I think you know that. You followed her in her footsteps and started working on her project because she refused to work for some reason which is still unknown. A few days after you started working, she vanished without any sign clue or info. Now for your father..." Mr Bros opened a new projected image on his phone. On int, a man was visible. The man was balding, but what hair he still had was very long and grey. The man was very, unnaturally slim and was wearing some sort of metallic jacket which had a pipe coming out at its back. The man was in a room with no furniture. Only a mattress was in the room, which was on the other side of the room. The room had no windows, and next to the mattress, there were two buttons, a blue and a green. Each had some sort of symbol on it, but they were not visible in the picture.
 
"Your father. Well, currently, he is being held in an asylum, or, to be more precise, he is in a... lunatic asylum. After your incident, he went completely insane and changed drastically. He was talking about a new beginning; humanity will face a new era influenced by a greater, invisible, indestructible force. He was saying that a medium will appear and that medium will be the only hope of humanity. He was also blabbering about some sort of waves and portals. And lately, he started proclaiming that the beginning of the end is getting closer and closer within less than two weeks. He is constantly being monitored; his state is getting worse and worse as time goes on. As you can see, he changed a lot physically and mentally." Mr Bros took a minute break and started sipping some time, and looked at Norin, who seemed devastated and was looking at his hands. Mr Bros looked at Norin, put his cup down and continued,  "I have a proposer for you; you have three options to choose from, to be more precise. Option one, come and work for me for a few years; we will discuss the time. Option Two; is similar to the first option. You work for me, but only part-time. Third, you refuse. If you choose either the first or the second, I promise to help you find your mother and look after your father. Also, these two options might help even your sister." After Mr Bros stopped talking, the butler finally woke up, bowled and left the room.
 
"I have arranged a car. You will be taken home, and please give some thought to my offer. Tomorrow I will send someone for you to tell them your answer. Also, your driver will give you a description of the first two options. Please read them carefully." Norin stood up and, without saying anything, left the room while he was staring at the ground, and the maid followed him. A few minutes went by in silence; the only noise was made by Mr Bros in the room as he was sipping his tea. As he was enjoying the now colder tea, his attention wandered over to the ground and noticed that it was quite clear. He soon looked at the leaking container, but what he saw startled him. There was no stain on the ground; no fluid was left on the floor, only the damaged container. "Anne, did the maid already clean up the floor but forgot to pick up trash?" asked Mr Bros as he looked at his daughter, who seemed to be lost in thoughts, so he started calling her "Anne...Anne...ANNE Come back to us!" at the end, Mr bros slightly raised his voice and started moving his hand in front of his daughter's eyes. Anne coldly looked back at his father, who seemed to be a bit uneasy by that, and then she said as she scratched her head, "No, she did not do anything yet... Send someone over to him and have him and his sister monitored at all times, even if he doesn't want to work for us." Anne stood up, and she was still glaring at her father coldly, and slowly she started smiling; in addition, her hair started flying everywhere as if there were some sort of wind. "I want to have a friendly duel with him!" she demanded, and then she slammed the table with her palm. The table cracked and collapsed soon after.
0