Chapter 11
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the events involving Angel and her things, Liz was not leg go home. She was ordered to stay in a locked room. In her room, there were two chairs, a small shelf, and a bed. There were no windows, the room was mostly dark, and there was a small light source above the bed, but its light was so dim that it barely lighted the bed and the two chairs next to the bed. Liz decided to sit down on the bed and waited. "Even if they kill me, I hope Norin will not be harmed," whispered Liz as he sat down. She buried her face into her palm and laid down on the bed." How was brother able to defeat those guys and move without his wheelchair... the doctors said that he should not be able to walk for at least weeks... what could have happened" mumbled Liz while she was staring at the ceiling.

After about half an hour, the light started flickering, and then suddenly, its luminosity drastically increased. It was almost as if a reflector was in the room. Liz instantly sat up, covered her eyes and after her eyes adapted to the light; she could finally look at the ground. She rubbed her eyes and looked around the room once again but was shocked because the door of the room was opened, and Angela was standing right in front of her. "It is time for you to learn a bit more about our process, Liz. As you know, you have been trained quite thoroughly to be a fighter, but there is one thing you have yet to understand about this process," stated Angela as she sat down on one of the chairs and crossed her arms. Liz started staring at the ground the moment she noticed Angela in the room, and as she started talking, she started gripping the side of the bed.

After a short break, Angela continued, "I am sure you have noticed that despite your appearance, you are much stronger than you should be. The reason you were trained is not only to fight in the Arena. There is another reason. Ever since the accident, the infected changed; year after year, they changed drastically, and we need some sort of final weapon against them, should anything bad happen in the future. Those people who have a quite large concentration of the virus and have a high tolerance against it have been and are being scouted and monitored, just like you." Angela took another short pause in her explanation and looked at the trembling Liz. Angela snapped her fingers, and a man entered the room carrying a small metal case. The man put the container onto the table; Liz curiously looked at him, but once the case was opened, she decided to look back at the floor. The man pulled a tiny green capsule from the container and a small weapon. In the container, there were two other capsules, a yellow and a red one. Angela didn't even look at the man, just raised three of her fingers, and the man nodded.

Angela continued her explanation "These people were specially trained according to their tolerance and virus count, and once they have reached a certain point, they are given special treatment; after that special treatment, they are called mutants. These people have already surpassed the limits of a human being but have yet to reach that of an infected. And you, you are about to receive taht special treatment, and from that point on..." but she was interrupted by Liz, "No, I don't want to receive that tr..." Before she could have finished speaking, the man used that small gun and shut her. The projectile drew a red line and hit Liz's hearth. Liz was slightly pushed back, and then she collapsed. "This was not an option; this is mandatory. I have taken very good care of you. You are the greatest asset we have; I can't let you ruin your future and, of course, my future. It might be quite painful for this is your first time, and since you have been given a less diluted version, I am sure you will be fine. I am sure you will be excited after you woke up, so you will be soon fighting in the Arena." stated Angela while she had a wide smile on her face. Also, while she was talking, the man left the room with the case. The man after a few minutes came back, but this time he was carrying a larger bag on his back, and he placed the bag next to Angela and spoke up. "Sir! I have brought the equipment. Would you like me to start right away, or would you like me to do a check-up first?" Angela looked at him. Her smile had long vanished, and instead, she had a slightly sad yet boring expression appeared on her face. "Just to be on the safe side, examine her state; losing her would be quite devastating... after all, she is our greatest fighter so far," Angela said as she looked back at Liz. The man bowed and left the room once again.

Angela stood up and walked closer to Liz. Angela reached out to grab Liz's hand, but suddenly Liz launched her fist flying at her. Angela blocked the incoming fist without any effort and smiled once again. "It seems you truly are great, overcoming this dose with such speed; I applaud your power. Let's test your strength a bit more," said Angela as she smiled, and after she finished talking, she hit Liz's chest with an open palm. The attack was so fast that Liz couldn't react and flew over the bed and landed, but stood up right away. Suddenly a new person spoke up behind Angela, "It seems you are bullying my new friend's sister... this is why I despise you, Anglea." Angela was slightly shocked upon hearing this new voice but regained her compassion and replied, "I see, I have underestimated you, Anne... Anne Bros. I didn't think you'd be a mutant as well!" Angela turned around and looked behind her; behind her stood Anne leaning to the wall, in a full black dress with some bloodstains. In front of the door, on the ground, there was the man who had left not long ago; he was unconscious and seemed heavily beaten.

Anne started walking towards Liz, but Angela was about to grab her by the hair. However, Anne was much waster, and grabbed Angela's chin, lifted her up, kicked her in the guts then proceeded to walk over to Liz. "You are Liz, right? Norin's sister... It seems you are a mutant as well. Your brother is quite talented, but he still needs to mature." Said Anne as she stopped next to Liz, but suddenly Liz grabbed her shoulders and questioned, "What happened to him? Is he alright? " Anne smiled and continued, " Yes, he is fine, just tired. He was taken to our home to rest. My father wants to test him, but I think he will pass that test with the flying colours. He will be out for at least a day, so call us when you get home. I have left my info over at your house. See you later!" Anne left without giving the opportunity to Liz to say anything. And the moment Anne left, Angela stood up, dusted herself and grabbed her phone, and mumbled to herself, "Unbelievable!"

0