Act VI – I Too Don’t Mind Exploiting Social Dynamics, More So When You Make it This Easy
462 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As for the next day, it was quite an interesting day. Not for what happened, of course. No, instead it was interesting for what didn’t happen. Turns out, the guys who had their superiority supposedly validated with a girlfriend had it invalidated by them.

I never knew how powerful saying “I might break up with you” can be. That, or maybe just the other guys aren’t as confident as they claim.

Regardless of the reason, it was quite a sight to see nonetheless of various guys in my class looking at me - but keeping their distance and not talking much to me. I later found out my sister and Lily put word around the grapevine that guys trying to make fun of me didn’t look good in the eyes of a girl. Who was I to say otherwise? I agreed!
It didn’t stop other guys from approaching, but the ones that did were the quieter ones, or just ones who were curious. It was nice to talk to guys as a girl and not feel like they were trying to monopolize me.

As for Dan, he learned his lesson hard. That Friday his friends were consoling him about Lily breaking up with him. I wasn’t paying enough attention to tell if they were blaming Lily or Dan for it, I was too busy talking casually with others at the time. Though, Dan was at fault. He stayed single for a while after that.

The moral of the story is… I don’t think we really need one. “Don’t be a jerk,” I suppose? That should be obvious anyway. Let’s say “don’t be like Dan” - I guess that works.

Don’t be like Dan.

11