07 – Kaecilius VS Mordo
627 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(This chapter isn't edited yet)

"Mordo, I challenge you to a duel!" An arrogant voice came from a man in the center of Kamar Taj's training yard.

Each Master of the Mystic Arts had his own disciples. Usually the more powerful a Master, the more disciples would be interested in studying with him.

This was the case with Mordo, despite being quite serious, he was currently the most powerful Master of the Mystic Arts in Kamar Taj, of course, disregarding the Grand Masters and the Sorcerer Supreme. So obviously the Master with the most disciples was obviously Mordo.

At that moment, despite being troubled in his mind by the discovery that the Ancient One was using magic from an evil dimension to become powerful, Mordo still continued to train his disciples.

Kaecilius, on the other hand, was quite grumpy, and because he was never able to defeat Mordo in battle, the number of disciples he had was far less than Mordo.

Mordo turned to the voice and looked with a confused expression at Kaecilius who had just yelled.

"Are you sure Kaecilius? You've never been able to beat me in a battle, and this time will be no different." Mordo said with disdain as he looked at Kaecilius.

Kaecilius was angry at the way Mordo spoke to him, but as this time he was performing a task for the Master, he still kept his cool and just nodded.

Mordo raised an eyebrow in surprise at Kaecilius' reaction, as he wasn't used to Kaecilius acting like this, so after accepting the battle, he was on guard, worried that Kaecilius had figured out some way to defeat him.

The Elders also approached and stood around to watch the battle between the two Masters, mostly prepared to stop that battle at any moment should Kaecilius show any hint of evil magic.

Seeing that the elders were also watching this battle, the other disciples were also surprised by this and decided to join in to watch this too.

"Do you think Kaecilius will win this battle?" a disciple asked.

"Impossible, he never defeated Master Mordo, and he won't now." A disciple of Mordo said proudly.

Hearing this, a disciple of Kaecilius became angry, but he knew that what the disciple of Mordo said was right, and he had nothing to say to disagree with. The only thing he could do was root for Master Kaecilius in his heart just like the other disciples of Kaecilius.

Mordo also noticed that the Elders were watching the battle between them, so he became even more alert when fighting Kaecilius, as to attract the Elders' attention there must have been something important going on.

"Conjure your weapon." Mordo said in a serious voice as he held a stick in his hand.

Kaecilius just smiled at that and replied. "I do not need this."

Mordo and the onlookers were surprised by this, they couldn't imagine what happened to Kaecilius to make him so confident all of a sudden.

Seeing this, the Elders became even more concerned, as this was only further confirming their assumption that Kaecilius was using some evil magic.

But Mordo just ignored that and ran to Kaecilius.

Kaecilius saw Mordo running towards him and wasted no time, in a few seconds he made several hand signals that the wizards had never seen before.

Boom

A burst of smoke erupted around Kaecilius, causing Mordo to stop where he was and not daring to step into that smoke, he didn't know what Kaecilius was doing.

But just as the smoke rose, two Kaecilius were running towards Mordo at high speed.

Mordo was surprised but didn't let his guard down, without a second thought he ran back as he looked at these two Kaecilius and tried to think of a way to attack. The first thing that came to his mind was that one of these Kaecilius was an illusion, but he couldn't risk getting hit by the real Kaecilius as he struggled with the illusion, so he started to feel the magic in the air, to know which Kaecilius was real.

But Kaecilius didn't waste the opportunity, the two Kaecilius opened their hands, and through blue sparks, two chains joined between the two Kaecilius' hands and the two were armed.

This surprised Mordo even more, because he could clearly feel that these two Kaecilius were real, and the two spells they cast were leaking magical energy as if they really were real spells!

To dodge these Kaecilius, mordo began to walk on air. Each step he took made a golden pentagram appear below his feet that allowed him to move freely in space.

But because of the coordinated attacks, Mordo found no opening to counterattack.

The Elders were watching this battle, and when they saw Kaecilius multiply, they were ready to intervene in the battle, but before they could do anything, Elder Garth said in a serious voice.

"That's not evil magic." He said in a shocked voice.

Upon hearing Elder Garth's explanation, the other Elders also sensed Kaecilius' magic and realized that this magic appeared to have a blue color, but unlike the golden magic they used, this blue magic had no properties whatsoever, being unaffected even by the goodness or even badness, just as something neutral!

"What kind of magic is this?" An Elder said shocked.

Especially after they saw the blue chains in Kaecilius' hands, it only made it clearer that this magic really wasn't evil!

As they talked, Mordo finally got an opportunity to attack, so without a second thought, he injected magic into the staff, which soon stretched out scattering golden sparks and hit one of the Kaecilius attacking him in the head.

During Kaecilius' attacks, Bite actually discovered that the two Kaecilius were real! The attacks that the two Kaecilius missed were constantly destroying the battlefield floor, something illusions could never do. So after thinking for a while, Mordo had to risk attacking one of the Kaecilius and hoping it was the real thing.

Unfortunately for Mordo, this Kaecilius just went up in smoke and disappeared in front of him, as if his attack hit nothing.

While the other Kaecilius grinned confidently and used his chain to grab Mordo by the neck and said aloud.

"Surrender!"

Mordo heard Kaecilius' voice and for the first time he cracked a small smile before answering. "I surrender."

"Woah!" The disciples were shocked by what Kaecilius had done! For the first time he defeated Mordo, and it was not using any dishonest method, but using true magic to defeat Mordo!

After Mordo gave up, Kaecilius canceled the blue chains and flashed a satisfied smile. He trained for over 10 years at Kamar Taj, but this was the first time he was able to beat Mordo.

In Kaecilius' heart, he knew that depending on his talent, he would never be able to beat mordo, but because of Master Edward's teachings, he was finally able to overcome this obstacle and claim his first victory!

"Master Kaecilius, why is your magic blue?"

"Master Kaecilius, what magic was it that made a clone of you?"

"Master Kaecilius, where did you learn that magic?"

Several disciples gathered around Kaecilius and asked him many questions. Even Mordo looked at Kaecilius curiously, as he knew it was only because of this powerful mysterious magic that he lost to Kaecilius this time.

Kaecilius waited for the disciples around him to calm down and responded calmly. "This magic was taught to me by the Sorcerer Supreme, if it weren't for him, I might never have been able to learn something as powerful as this magic."

"Woah, did the Sorcerer Supreme discover this magic all by himself?"

"Did the Sorcerer Supreme teach Kaecilius such powerful magic? Will he teach me too if I ask?"

"Master Kaecilius, can you accept me as a disciple?" A young mage asked Kaecilius with high expectations.

Upon hearing Kaecilius' reply, Mordo and the Elders were shocked. As much as they knew the Sorcerer Supreme was powerful, they didn't know he was so wise.

Without a second thought, both the Elders and Mordo headed towards Edward's house, while Kaecilius stood in the center of the training yard and chatted with the disciples as he enjoyed the glory for the first time.

Of course, not only was he talking, but he was also mentally learning the new Jutsu he received after completing Sorcerer Supreme's second task.

Meanwhile, Edward was at home watching anime and was pleased to see the notification pop up.

[His disciple Kaecilius has completed a task. You received 5x Jutsu comprehension…]

22