Awaken In a Different World
124 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I wake up, I see the sky.

The clouds moving and I can hear birds chirping.

I stand up. There is no and see mountains and grassland everywhere as I look around. It feels like being somewhere in the countryside.

So this is the other world.

I think there is a road near it.

I see the road. This is certainly a road.

「Now which way to go….」

I remember in the anime that I'm going to meet the twins soon. Having a pair of twins as wives is going to be fun. Especially since I am a virgin but I need to play my cards right. In the anime, Touya was a naive protagonist but he was a super kind-hearted person.

I'm not going to act like that I'm not a cold-hearted person but I damn show ain't as nice as Touya.

 

  My smartphone inside my pocket suddenly made a ring.

When I take out my phone I see “God calling”.

「Hello?」

『Oh, it connected, it connected. It seems you arrived safely.』

When I put the phone to my ear, I hear God’s voice. It was only some time ago that I parted ways, yet I feel some nostalgia.

『I forgot to say that your smartphone’s map and directions have changed this world. 

「Thanks That saves me a lot of trouble. 」

『I thought it was acceptable to send you into a town, but I think It would cause some problems. A place away from the public, in that case, I was at a loss about where to send you.』

Certainly, I do not know where to go. Because I have neither an acquaintance or a hometown

『You will have no trouble reaching town while you check the map. do your best.』

「Yeah goodbye」

When I hang up, manipulate the screen on the smart phone, and launch the map application. A map is displayed with me at the center. The nearby road is extended. I think this is the road I’m on. When I scroll down the road, there is a town to the west. Let’s see…rifuretto? So, the town of Refuretto.

「Alright, let’s go that way.」

I check the direction with the compass app and begin walking west.

After walking for quite some time, I start to think that this is a pretty bad situation.

First of all, there is no food. There is no water either. Even if I arrive at the town, after that? I have no money. I have a wallet, but can this currency really be used? If you think logically, this probably can’t be used. What shall I do now…? 

Wait a minute this part in the anime when a guy who's interested in m clothes stops and asks to buy them.

I hear a noise from behind. I look back and see something in the distance coming. It's a carriage. 

As the carriage approaches, I notice that the carriage is exceptionally high class. Impressive craftsmanship and a strong build. I am certain only a noble or wealthy person can ride one.

The carriage rattles and raises a dust cloud while it passes by me. Having passed by without trouble, I go back on the road. As I start walking, I notice the carriage stop.

「You! You over there!」

The carriage door slams open and a white-haired aristocrat with an impressive mustache comes. Wearing a classy scarf and mantle, on his chest was a piece of shining rose jewelry.

「What is it…?] Even tho I know what he wants it's still better to pretend.

The nobleman with an exciting look approaches me.

My shoulders are tightly clutched and my whole body is being gawked at. To be honest it made me look at him strangely.

「Tell me where you got these clothes!?」

For a moment, I am dumbfounded and didn’t understand what he said, but the mustache gentleman moves around me unconcerned, taking a good look at my school uniform that I’m wearing.

「I have not seen such a design。 And this tailor…how on earth…Hmmm……」

I understand somehow. In short, this uniform is rare. Perhaps this world doesn’t have such clothes. Well, if that’s so.

「……If you like it, shall I offer it to you?」

「Really!?」

To my plan, the mustache nobleman quickly takes the bait.

「These clothes were sold to me by a traveling merchant, but I’ll hand them over if you like them. However, it’ll be inconvenient if I traded everything I’m wearing. So in the next town, I’ll be thankful if I pick up different clothing…」

I can’t say that these clothes are from another world, so I made up a list of excuses. If these clothes were sold for some money, I’ll be saved. I did not want to attract attention, so perhaps this is killing two birds with one stone.

「Very well! Please get on the carriage. I will give you a ride to the next town. And there, I will prepare you some new clothes and you’ll sell those clothes to me.」

「Then, this deal is complete.」

The mustache gentleman and I resolutely shake hands. I get a ride on the carriage and it was three hours of rocking till the next town, Rifuretto. Meanwhile, the gentleman with the mustache (who seems to be called Zanakku-san) accepts the jacket of the uniform that I take off and confirms the feel of the seam with great interest.

Zanakku-san is in the fashion business and was on his way back from a meeting today. I see that when my clothes are involved, that reaction is understandable.

Speaking of me, I am enjoying the scenery that was passing by the window of the carriage. To see a different world. From now on, this is my new world.

6