Chapter 2: That Donda Album No One Cares About
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dressed from head to toe in black Balenciaga hoodie sweatshirt and baggy pants; a man of average build wore a sullen expression that was meant to intimidate. This was none other than the rapper, Kanye West.

"Y'all need to see my new album, DONDA! This embodies the legacy of my mother! This shxt isn't like any of my other albums! God spoke to me during church last Sunday!"

Microphones and recording devices belonging to prominent news outlets shot straight at the man whose voice boomed like a loose cannon. He then made a show of tapping his feet as if to draw attention to the black Yeezy sneakers he was wearing. The shoe brand in question is owned by his company.

"Mr. West, how are things with Kim Kardashian?", asked a reporter.

"Shut the fuxk up! I didn't call the press to talk about my family!"

Not fazed by the outburst, the said reporter pursued the provocative interrogation.

 "Is it true you both are heading for divorce? What about the kids and assets? Was there a prenup?"

At this point, whatever little patience that was left inside of Kanye West dissipated. The press interview came to an abrupt end with the rapper making his exit surrounded by a group of huge able-bodied men all in black ensemble.

"When you have a celebrity wife, on top of people who keep buying the crap you spew about God and being a Christian in order to get them to mindlessly keep spending money on horrendously expensive branded goods with the sick belief that they are supporting a good cause or that maybe their dream of becoming like the man they idolize would materialize. Unrealistic expectations are bound to get crushed sooner or later," said the unknown voice.

Donda came out soon after Donda 2 followed which became disqualified from the billboard for not abiding by the rules. The amount of hype generated from the album ranged from organized private concerts to questionable performers leaving the album anything but dignified.

It makes one wonder if it was truly meant to celebrate the most important figure behind the entrepreneur, fashion designer, artist, and rapper who now goes by simply 'Ye'. Take home is that money matters more than intention.

****narrative may be different from real life****

Balenciaga- Luxury brand (likely to be the next Gucci)

Yeezy-  A brand owned by Kanye West

0