Chapter 4: What’s with the BTS and English Question
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grammys 20XX

Dressed in limited edition tuxedos and displaying colorful hairstyles to match the vibrant concept of their music. The K-Pop megastars from Seoul, South Korea made up of 7 young boys went by the name 'Bangtan Sonyeondan' BTS: RM (Gorgeous/The Rap Monster and Group Leader), Suga (Sweetheart/Rapper), Jimin (Sexy/ Lead Vocalist), V (Cutie/Vocalist),Jungkook (Hot/ Vocalist), Jin (Handsome/Vocalist), and J-hope (Cool guy/Rapper).

They stood together to face the interviewer of the day who wore designer tuxedos. He was none other than, former  South Africa's comedian and America TV host, Trevor Noah.

"You guys are looking great tonight. So, tell me, how did you learn how to speak English?"

In an accent that attempted to come across as neutral. The tv host tossed the questions at the best selling global K-Pop artists.

"Ever heard of friends? And by the way, not all of us speak in English," said RM in a not-so-subtle passive aggressive tone.

"You mean to tell me that you learned how to speak English from watching Friends?"

Trevor  Noah brought the mic closer to the leader of the boy band in a move that was designed to catch the slightest thing that the other had to say.

"Exactly."

All seven pairs of eyes waited expectantly for the tv host to ask further questions about their tour, upcoming albums, and other projects that they and their agency were working on, but what came next was another meaningless talk. Try as they may, neither of the members of the boy band could stop themselves from rolling their eyes in exasperation.

"I can't believe Trevor  Noah became so brainless! Of all the questions to ask BTS, why did it have to be a shitty question surrounding speaking English?! I guess I thought too highly of him. It's really hard to miss that racist undertone. Why does speaking English have to take precedence over their achievements? You know what it's like not to have people acknowledge what you do because of your race. Using your biracial identity to your advantage may have played a part in getting you to where you are. It should never be used as a pass to diminish others' worth," said the unknown voice.

Netizens from all over the world and ARMY (BTS fandom) gathered to pick apart their idol's interview. To say they were anything, but pleased with the outcome is an understatement. Many scolded the tv host for the lack of preparation that should have gone towards the interview. To add salt to their injury, BTS lost their Grammys to the pop duo, Doja Cat ft. SZA. Needless to say, the boy band had ample opportunities to have won a Grammys, part of which can be attributed to the  political shenanigans of the music industry.

BTS- South Korean Boy Band

****narrative may be different from real life****

0