Chapter 3: A New Life Begins
340 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the sky, a paper fluttered with headlines proclaiming, “Universe finally discovered! Space travel enters a new age?” Amidst a pitch-black void, Gaizen found himself conscious but engulfed in darkness.

 

(Gaizen) “I’m dead, right? Least I went out with style… maybe I’ll even give ‘god’ a piece of my mind…”

 

Suddenly, he felt as if he was waking up, expecting to find himself in heaven with his family. But the sensation of awakening left him baffled. His body felt unfamiliar, causing him to panic. As if being stuffed in a cramped bottle knowing he wont be able to fit but it feels like he's being  forced into what ever his body is now

 

(Gaizen) “What the…? Why am I in such a weird body? A kid? Seriously?”

 

He looked around and realized this wasn’t the pearly gates of heaven; instead, he faced a gloomy gray atmosphere. It seemed to be raining too with humidity. A twisted expression is worn on his face.

 

(Gaizen) “Reincarnation? Maybe? Ugh, whatever. Now that I look around am I in a shed? Seriously? Why would I wake up in a shed?”

 

As he struggled to make sense of his situation, he noticed his body was painfully cold, as if it had just been thawed from being in a freezer. He coughed up viscous black goo that reeked of mold and old meat.

 

(Gaizen) “My chest hurts like hell! And this goo…ugh!”

 

Immediately he smells the stench which makes him cough. Another cough brought forth deep red blood.

 

(Gaizen) “Blood?! Dammit…”

 

Overwhelmed, he passed out from the sudden feeling of agony where his broken bones and internal injuries made their presence to Gaizen. Upon regaining consciousness hours later, he assessed his surroundings and current situation:

 

1.Trapped in an 8 to 10-year-old girl’s body,

2.Sleeping in a pigpen as he looked at the feeding troughs on the ground– a strange choice to die for whoever was in this body,

3.Not in his familiar world; multiple moons with colors arranging from light blue, a deep purple, a bright white, a light red and a somewhat normal looking yellow/white, which puzzled him,

4.Realizing the girl had been dead for at most two weeks before his reincarnation, observing signs of decomposition that were somewhat healed but not enough to use said body part effectively.

5. This child or well now he is wearing a sundress, he has no shoes on and his feet are bruised black and blue, even some of the toe nails are coming off, which hurts like hell. He has alot of puncture wounds made by a blunt weapon all over his body with dents on his shoulder and the such.

 

(Gaizen) “She was beaten to death… what did she do to die as brutally as she did? What’s going on? I’m in real trouble if the person or people is still around...unless death can come faster to me in this life...heh”

 

Attempting to walk, he struggled due to leg injuries. He then scans his body a second time cringing to himself

 

(Gaizen) “Someone really wanted her dead… what did they use? Bats? Hammers? They definitely used blunt weapons...this is all messed up.” He takes a long, long, long ass sigh, his mind racing with thoughts. Calming down, he lies down on the hill of hay he woke up on and stares at the night sky through the cracks of a degrading roof from an abandoned pig pen.

 

(Gaizen) “Huh… To think there’s 5 moons, interesting-!!”

 

(???) “Hum? Well, Well, well? Looky here, looks like another runaway again? Say, missy, who are you,  hm? Are you one of em runaways who's escapin from yor papi? Well!”

 

A man in a trench coat walks up to Gaizen, holding a shovel and looking at him with a scowl, rain drenching him. His rugged face with stubble and his unkempt hair give him an intimidating aura. As he was talking it gave a sense of urgency as if he was in a hurry. The tone of his voice was deep and saturated as if he was in the deep south around the Carolina's

 

(Gaizen) “…Uhhhh…”

 

In his mind, Gaizen races to come up with an alias.

 

(Gaizen) “I didn’t expect this to happen so fucking suddenly. Sigh… shit, I need a name!! Theres no point in using my old name, im done with that life...Ahh, that one could work! Gotta act like a child though… fuck my damn life.”

 

(Gaizen) “My name is Raiza… Just Raiza...”

 

Raiza's voice was scratchy as if the voicebox was never used before in years. The man gives Raiza a blank stare, turning his head in question.

 

(Raiza) “…”

 

(Rat) “…”

 

(Horse) “…”

 

(Snake) “…ss-”

 

(Raiza) “AH SHIT! Holy shit, a goddamn snake!!!”

 

Startled, Raiza looked over to his left and saw a giant brownish green snake come out of the hay. Seeing it he jumps on the man without realizing that, one, he is now a girl, and two, both his arms and legs are severely damaged, from sheer will and a instant rush of adrenaline he was able to do such a feat. Suppressing the pain, she gets off him with a limp and slumps back down on the bed of hay and straw, staring at the ceiling, desperately trying not to cry out in pain and to ignore the snake slithering now on his stomach.

 

(???) “ Ahh, your arm isn’t right, and another one broke…”

 

The man leaned in to examine Raiza’s eyes with a perverted grin, barely registering in her pain-filled state. He then lifted her up bridal style and carried her to his house to tend to her injuries, which Raiza struggled to notice as she suppressed her screams. A cramp in a sore spot intensified her agony. They walked through the woods on a dirt path and eventually reached a building in front of them, a bakery with four sections of rooms.

 

(Raiza) “So, this is your home, huh… wow… it’s, uh, a bakery? You don’t seem the type to bake, in my opinion… what’s your name, if you’ve got any?”

Raiza said with a sarcastic smirk, masking her immense soreness. Confused about her current predicament.

 

(???) “Heh… well, this is my shop, indeed a bakery, and also my home. My name is Geo,” he said with a smile, glancing at his bakery. Turning his gaze to Raiza, he added, “Ya know, you look familiar, almost like someone of rolt'y.” Geo said with a glint in his eye, his voice growing softer at the end. He puts Raiza down on a well made bed.

 

(Raiza) “O-ohhh yeah, I get that a lot… I guess.”

 

Geo knelt down to examine her green emerald eyes with a hint of blue haze. Raiza instinctively climbed onto his head and attempted a chokehold, but he remained unfazed.

 

(Raiza) “…I’ll, uh, I’ll get down now…”

 

With a contemplative expression, Geo resumed sitting on the bed. Raiza coughed lightly as Geo broke the awkward silence.

 

(Geo) “…So, how are your arm and legs doing? You seem pretty tough for your size, considering your injuries…”

 

Geo turned to find Raiza suddenly crying. Tears were falling but Raiza's expression was stoic. (Geo) “What happened?! Are you still hurtin?”

 

(Raiza) “Hell if I know… I’m good though, it just stings a l-!”

 

Geo hugged Raiza tightly, as if shielding him from harm. Raiza, unused to such gestures, instinctively embraced his arms. Soon, sleep overcame him suddenly, a result of his now childlike body. As time passed, Raiza grew accustomed to his new life, body, and name. He found comfort in this new world, with a steady job and a figure of authority in Geo, who had become a father figure and a friend.

 

In this small town with its bakery and community, Raiza discovered a sense of security, a far cry from the danger-filled life she once knew. Months passed by and the contrast of smiles to frowns was a novel experience for her. He reveled in the newfound happiness that came with simplicity, a stark contrast to the poverty she had endured.

Spoiler

But uk, i cant let that happen for too long

[collapse]

One day, an unsettling aura arrived with the presence of peculiar customers. Their conspicuous attire clashed with the humble backdrop of the bakery. The rings on their fingers gave away their couple status, glinting extravagantly against their mismatched outfits. Their futile attempts at blending in only highlighted their unfamiliarity with the commoners’ usual clothing. Their attire reeked of opulence, making Raiza’s skin crawl with unease when he first glanced at them.

 

The man’s all-black overcoat engulfed him, while his boots stretched to his ankles. His face hid beneath a strong, material-laden hat embellished with an eagle insignia holding an Omega Symbol, all seemingly sculpted in gold. His curled mustache evoked a sinister demeanor, triggering memories of Raiza’s past dealing with death. A sardonic grin crossed Raiza’s lips as he compared the man to Garfield, a twisted sense of humor arising from the unease he felt.

 

The woman’s coat revealed her feet and figure, a choice that contradicted their desire to go unnoticed. Her vibrant, bouncy hair mirrored Raiza’s own, and the strong blonde hue felt uncanny. Her eyes, a crimson red with a hint of green, held a mesmerizing quality. She had a mature aura around her, one that lived life only of a wealthy status and from the way they walked to the counter Razia could tell she was one of those arrogant ones.  As they reached the counter, they addressed Geo using an unfamiliar name, “Mr.B,” jarring Raiza’s sense of normalcy.

 

Overhearing their conversation, Raiza remained hidden, eavesdropping on their dialogue.

 

(Man1) “Mr.B, I presume you’ve completed the task flawlessly… yes?”

(Geo) “…Not quite…”

 

The woman’s scowl conveyed her discontent.

 

(Woman 1) “They say you’re ruthless with your prey!! How come the job didn’t go as planned!”

 

Spotting Raiza, Geo glanced behind him, causing Raiza to retreat like a startled mouse.

 

(Geo) “…There are too many eyes here. Let’s go somewhere else, meet me at…”

 

Emerging from his hiding spot, Raiza couldn’t contain his curiosity.

 

(Raiza) “Um… so, who were those people?”

 

Geo’s response dripped with cryptic familiarity.

 

(Geo) “You don’t recognize them, do you?”

 

Raiza’s mind raced as he grappled with the implications.

 

(Raiza) “Ahhh damn! I knew something like meeting this girl’s parents or a friend might damn well happen!!”

 

In a falsetto tone and girlish posture, Raiza feigned innocence.

 

(Raiza) “Uh no…?”

 

(Geo) ”Hmm, right….”

 

The day continued, each moment carrying an unsettling undertone. Raiza went about his tasks, meeting locals and engaging in casual interactions. As night fell, Geo’s restless pacing reverberated through the quiet bakery. The rhythmic footfalls conveyed a sense of urgency and stress, pulling Raiza from his restless sleep. Annoyance spurred Raiza to investigate, leading him to the kitchen, a lingering sense of anticipation tainting the air.

(Raiza) “ Yoo, so uh you're good right? Im tryna sleep by the way.”

Leaning on the doorway with his feet to the wall and his arms crossed, looking annoyed

(Geo) “Hm! Ah yes, yes I'm alright just uh just thinkin is all lil missy….you should go on to bed now i'm gonna go out for a bit.”

He then rubs Raiza's head, puts his coat on, and goes out of the bakery. As he watched Geo go out the front door Raiza's face contorted in annoyance with a hint of anger mixed in

(Raiza) “ Ugh…pretending to be a child is too mentally straining...rubbin my head like I'm a damn child! Couldn't even sleep without hearing his ass walkin around...I always think why I'm a child and not an adult…so i can be more direct with things...But! Oh well... sigh...It does look like he's gonna meet them weird people which is pretty obvious….looks like I got some choices here….either I do what he says and go back to bed like a kid which im not, or i follow and snope like a model adult that I am….eh lets satisfy this curiosity.”

So Raiza took his coat, put some pants on and some shoes and followed suit. He was able to catch up to Geo and followed him through places he usually sees, then the places he never saw, since he was mostly in the bakery. He went through a series of long abandoned tunnels underground, and into what seemed to be a cave, but wasn't. It was a dungeon,

A dungeon is what spawns monsters inside or outside of it. It's usually a labyrinth with many layers both Horizontal and Vertical with many crevices to explore. The gem color outside the dungeon usually determines the level of the dungeon

They went to a secret path only known to few.

They then walked 2 1/2 miles inside the dungeon that Raiza didn't know he was in, and finally, they came up to this wooden cabin where it was lit with candles. Moss was growing around the edges of the cabin and even dew was dripping from the roof. It seemed as though it was built with haste, seeing how the wood itself wasn't really carved to perfection. It looked as though it was built to conceal and to be used in quick use. In the cabin was the strange man and woman, Seeing that Raiza yelled a quiet 'yes' with excitement. Geo then went inside the cabin. Raiza got down on his knees and peaked through the windows to try and overhear the conversation

(Man1) “Ah, yes you're finally here it seems.

Taking a sip of tea, he sits back with his legs crossed, with a look of his patience being thin

(Man1) "So, please tell me how you weren't capable of killing that creature.”

(Geo) “....She came back to life…”

Geo said hesitantly. Mockingly, the woman laughs at Geo

(Woman1) “Puahahaha y-you think we would believe something like that!?! If you don't want to tell the truth then...”

(Geo) “NO! NO!! It's the truth!! I broke both her arms and legs, i even stomped on her with my horse, for around a minute or 2! On my pride and name….she died with my own hands”

Geo said with passion frantically waving his hands showing emotion. The woman scoffs at him slouching in her seat

(Woman1) “Ok, so where is she now since she isn't dead?”

(Geo) “At my bakery sleeping…she seemed to have lost her memory of what happened….I wasn't able to tell how far back she couldn't remember though, so I've been seeing how much she remembers, and she don't even remember my face or yalls, and she seems as tho she aint like her usual self-"

He puts his hand over his throat with his eyes wide

(Geo) " For that matter, I even had to talk in such an informal manner for that thing to not remember nor notice me if she could remember.

(Man1) “Ok, since that's dealt with, how are you supposed to deal with it this time around HM?

(Geo) “....You see, there's this deep pit in the middle of this dungeon, I tested it two days ago, I dropped a boulder down there and I didn't hear it touch the ground, even after around 8 hours or so i still couldn't hear it. So it's deep enough to kill even a Groven at its peak.

* A Groven is a mixed species of dragon that doesn't fly, it’s a land creature that has sharp claws and tough scales on its back, it's a territorial species that protects its territory. They hunt without a group making it vulnerable to its predators, once a Groven is hatched, the mother leaves it to fend for itself*

(Geo) " That should kill it off without a trace of her…”

(Raiza) “O-oh my god!! I..I-I need to run!! Damn this body’s curiosity!!!”

While overhearing their conversation, thoughts came rushing into his mind,

1) This girl got people wanting her dead

2) He is now inside this girl's body,

3)...He has yet again been betrayed, and gotten snitched on like a rat would which made him both mad and sad at the fact that Geo might've been annoying, but he trusted him.

Oh how cruel the world can be

So Raiza ran, he ran and ran blindly in a panic until he couldn't no longer, not only did he not run the way out but beacuse of painc he ran deeper within a dungeon he knows nothing about, he ran all the way to the middle of the dungeon.

(Raiza) “ Ugh!! I...my luck man! Damn this hole is deep...”

Raiza said with exhaustion, with his hands over his face

(Geo) “That's your resting place, a place where you can sleep for more than you do work you know, heh….”

(Raiza) "..."

Raiza then grins crazily. It's unbelievable, realizing it, this actually happened three times in a row and he didn't see it, is something wrong with him? Is it the world? It has to be "him" again, it has to be...Raiza's grin wasnt of happiness, it was of madness as his grin grew wider across his face

(Geo) “But before you go down there, may I ask you for something? It's a simple request, I simply want your eyes!!”

He said with a sadistic grin running across his face. Raiza has a knack for looking into the souls of people, and when he stared deep into the grey eyes of Geo, all he seen was a predator looking at its prey, no other emotion besides the lust for his...eyes?

(Raiza) “....Hahahahahaha! To think this will happen to me for the third time in a row!!! Hahahahaha! I can't help but laugh at this situation!…To take my eyes you say? Wh-!! AHHHH”

Before he could finish talking Geo jumped to him at speeds the human eyes untrained could ever dare witness and take what seemed like jewels being held by someone who doesn't need them. His eyes was in the palm of Geo's hands as he stared at them, caressing them as if they were a baby

(Raiza) “AHHH!! My eyes!! You motherfucking bitch!! Goddammit!!”

He slumped on the ground, his knees dug into the ground as he clutched his eye sockets in pain and anguish.

(Geo) “What a file mouth you have, do you know why they call me Mr. B? It stands for the Butcher, look kid, it was nice having you around, but you gotta go….i'll probably meet you in hell soon anyway."

Geo then walked over to Raiza, who was wiggling on the floor still cussing and yelling in intense pain, waling loudly like that of a child.

(Geo) “You know, you're a tough kid...if only you weren't born at this time, maybe we could truly become friends? Heh what am i doing….sentiments to an enemy do no good any way.”

He then kicks Raiza to the tunnel , tumbling to the hole Raiza was trying to get up but Geo was kicking hard enough to break a few ribs, and with one final kick, Raiza falls inside the pit, like a rag-doll that was once used now being thrown away.

Falling down in the pit, Raiza gives up. His spirit was broken once again when he thought that his second life was given to him, it seemed as though God really hated his guts

(Raiza) “ Heh… I once again gave my trust to someone I thought would be like family, and backfired at me…severely at that. Hehehehe, hopefully now I’ll finally die….Hell, hopefully I’ll touch the bottom at least sometime soon, i just want it over with already...."

Crying with crimson he falls into the deep. For what seemed like an eternity of falling was, in real time, 2 years of falling in complete darkness. He was then able to touch the ground practically dead. But by bouncing on a dead animal's body and landing on a stone platform he was able to tell he was now at the bottom, and that death was near.

(Raiza) “Ugh….my body hurts even more! I...cant do this shit anymore...cant trust...not a damn thing!"

Coughing hoarsely, blood comes out.

As he was saying his dying last words, his blood was traveling to 13 statues stationed on the platform. Though the groves embedded into the stone were leading to these odd statues and then, magic power started to surge around them making  other beasts going towards his dying body go away from it. Then the statues begin to form and shape into more of a humanoid. Then the stone pieces chipped off of their faces first, then their entire body that was encased in stone is now out of it. One came off of the pedestal and gazed upon her surroundings, she then looked at the others coming out of the statues...

5