Chapter 2
64 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After everyone got up and the day passed a little bit more.

 

*I might as well test what these so-called skills do.*

So I yelled "hey" at my sister. She tilted her head and looked at me with confusion. I Yelled again a little louder and pawed at her nose. She Yelp at me but it wasn’t so much of a Yelp as a small child-like voice.

 

“Stop it fang!”

 

As I heard that I noticed the tail that seemed never to move started to wiggle a little I was happy for some reason. I smiled as Winter came over and licked both of us.

 

”You two should clean up before your father is home. He’ll be back from his hunt soon.” 

 

*seems like the skill is working a lot better than i originally thought.*

 

“yes mama.” 

 

Winter started walking off to the puddle of water in the back of the cave. As mom and I were sitting in silence Dusk came into the cave he had a large rabbit with a horn.

*At first I wasn't too keen on eating a raw animal. But I soon got used to it and can now eat confably with the others.*

 

Dusk put it in the middle of the cave and we all started to eat. then went off as I the skill screen went off again. Stepped back startled by the sound.

*I need to get used to that so everyone doesn't think i'm crazy* 

“come finish your food before it’s all gone.” 

 

So I went back to eat before it was all eaten.

When I was finished I found my way to the back of the cave and tried pulling up the status screen to check for anything new.

 

Absorption: [Leap] has been Acquired.

 

*Huh! How'd I gain a new skill?*

 

As I think back... The gift from that unknown man when I got the achievements was The [absorbing] skills.

 

”I must have gotten it from the rabbit.”

 

“What are you talking about”

As Dawn came around the cave corner.

 

“Oh nothing I’m just talking to myself” 

 

*Damn, why’d I have to say that out loud.*

 

As the day went on everything was normal.

Dawn went to take a nap, Winter and Dusk went to go hunt or so I think. So I went to the back of the cave and tried the new skill. Before I used it I could ruffly jump around 4 feet. I went back to the same place I just jumped from and used the skill When I looked back to see how far I jumped I was around 10 feet

 

“Man this skill might really come In handy.”

 

When my parents came back it was on the verge of getting dark they came in father's eyes were like the sun as they flashed in the dark cave. Mom was still white as snow. I greeted them when they came in soon after Dawn woke up and came over.

 

”When do me and Fang get to start hunting with you?”

 

Mother licked Dawn's ears, picked her up by her scruff and drug her off to bed. Dad and I waited for my Mom to come back. From what I figured out is that I’m a few months older than Dawn so they treat me less like the child of the house. As she came back father spoke I hadn’t realized it until now but his voice was rather deep.

 

“You will start to hunt for yourself. The easiest prey are small horned rabbits.”

 

Those are the pray that dad brought home earlier where I got the leap skill from. Maybe if I hunt more I can get different skills as Dusk and winter wait for my response.

I nodded as they looked happy with my decision. I noticed their tails began to shake a little. We went to bed soon after they gave me the rundown on how to hunt the rabbits easily.

The next morning I woke up before everyone. The sun was just coming into the cave as I stepped out I realized I'd never left the cave as I moved forward the forest started to get a lot more dense soon after I was inside the tree covered most of the sky letting in little to no light easy to hide.

 

*I better pay a little more attention i can't see to far ahead*

 

Walking a little away from the cave I saw small paw prints definitely not Wolf so it wasn’t mom or dad as I followed the prints they left out into a big open area I could just barely see a horn poking out from the tall grass as soon as I saw it I went into a crouching position like mom and dad told me to do moving closer up to the rabbit making small movement so it doesn't notice my me. When I got close enough I used [leap] and bit right into it’s right hind leg. As I did its left leg came swinging back and kicked me in the neck. Before I realized it the rabbit was dead and I was covered in blood I could feel a slight pain from where he kick me. It must have landed pretty well.

“First hunt went Successfully”

 

*Ping

~Achievement unlocked: Hunt

Reward: Inspection: lvl 1 Bite: lvl 1

 

“Huh well all test that went bring breakfast back to the cave the others must be hungry”

When I got back Mom, Dad and Dawn were waiting. Dad seemed like he was Proud he licked my head and mother dragged me off the wash off the blood. Then we started eating when we ate another bell went off

“I need to find away to turn that off it’s so annoying”

Mom looked up at me with confusion

“what are you talking about”

 

As I studdard to let out an answer Dawn pops in with.

“he likes to talk to himself a lot mama”

 

I was embarrassed at what she said so I tackled her sending me and her rolling across the floor everyone laughed. When we got back up we Continued eating. They forgot all about me talking out loud and we continued to eat the rabbit when we finished. I remembered I never checked the notifications.

*Ping

~Absobstion: [Escape] has been aquired.

 

I don’t think that’s gonna be very useful.

 

As the days went on I slowly began to get used to living with my new family. It was much more different than my previous life. My father and I went out hunting sometimes but it was mostly my job. The normal Routine went on for a few days of sleeping, hunting , eating , playing with Dusk, then repeating before I realized I had been living like this for a few months but I lost track of how many days I have been here for.

But it doesn't really matter how long I've been here I am very happy with what that man has given me. I would be very lost without the system and status screen. My life is really starting to turn into one of the light novels I used to read. I always loved those stories. But I still only made a little progress and I have made no new achievements since the hunt but I have slowly gained a few good skills.

 

[Staus]...

 

Name: Fang

Gender: Male 

Lvl:2

Race: Wolf 

Skill:

Wolf Language: lvl 3

Absorption: lvl Unknown Leap: lvl 3 

Escape:lvl 1 Iron coat : lvl 2

Space magic: lvl 1 Inspection: lvl 1

 

I have slowly begun to understand how this world works. The strong survive while the weak are pushed to the side. I have been trying to kill more animals to get the skills I need to protect my family in this world. I won't be living under a shell like last time I want to keep my family.

 

As the day Progressed Winter and Dusk went out to hunt it was somewhat my day off from hunting I really don't mind hunting because I can become stronger from it but Dusk said I have to take a break every once in awhile, So while Dawn was asleep I decided i would go exploring and moved to the very back of the cave as i got further back I realized that it was really cold more than normal as I kept moving the cave begin to shrink and it was harder to get through but I wanted to get back as much as possible i pushed through it was a very tight fit as i walked more it got extremely dark.

As I moved forward I realized that the cave opened up a lot more it was as large as the entrance of the cave I couldn't see very much but there was a little blue light in the back of the cave I got to Curious and decided to take a closer look as I went closer to it the light became deep blue.

looking closer.

It was a knife stuck into the rock. Its handle as well as blade were all black with a deep blue gem on the butt end of the blade. but something was off about it. 

I felt like it was screaming or yell at me it slowly started giving me a headache. 

Despite the freezing aura from the knife I tried to bite a hold of the handle as I bite into the handle my teeth felt like they froze as I yelped out in pain it was like someone ripping out my teeth. The cold Dissipated from the room and the knife slowly lost it color and feeling began to reach my teeth once again.

I frantically opened my system to see if any Bad stats appeared. To my surprise there was something new, not a new skill but a new Category. It was [Blessing] under that it stated that.

*Ping

~You have unlocked the blessing category.

 

As I looked into the new tab more details became clear

[Blessing of treachery]- A Blessing from one of the kings of hell and his icy domain grants ice resistance as well as ice magic.

 

Interesting... Magic I haven't even tried any of that yet and why did one of the kings of hell give me his blessing? Looks like I have a lot of things to find out. As I walked back the cave felt way less cold then it used to, maybe because of the new cold resistance or because the knife stopped putting off that chilling Aura. As i got back to the main part of the cave Dawn was still asleep as if nothing happened and Winter and Dusk were not there as well.

 

*they must be still hunting*

 

I decided to look through my new list of skills and try out some of the newer ones.

 

Name: Fang

Gender: Male 

Lvl:2

Race: unique Wolf 

Skill:

-Wolf Language: lvl 3

-Absorption: lvl Unknown Leap: lvl 3 

-Escape:lvl 1 -Iron coat : lvl 2

-Space magic: lvl 1 -Inspection: lvl 1

-Ice magic: lvl 1 -Ice resistance: lvl Unknown

Let's test out the easiest one first as I looked at my sister sleeping I thought of [Inspection]

*Ping

Dawn: lvl 1

Brother of Fang, Smallest child of Winter and Dusk

Status: Asleep

 

*So at least I know how this works.*

 

It just takes basic info and lists them off. Maybe that's only because it's low lvl I might have to level this up more to figure out. I still have not figured out how to use magic I may have to know spells beforehand or can I just make them up hm i'm going to have to test this a little more as well as I finished my testing Winter and Dusk walked into the cave with nothing in toe as I went to go ask what happened Dusk went to the bed and laid down. 

I asked Winter but she just blew me off and said not to go outside for today and went to lay with Dusk. I was very concerned for them. I remembered i had just tried out a new skill even tho its a low level i think it can help a little

*Ping

Name:Dusk

Titles: King of the Den, Husband to Winter, King of the forest

Status: Exhausted, injured


Name: Winter

Titles: Queen of the forest, Mother, Wife of Dusk

Status: Exhausted, Injured

 

I felt a surge of anger run through my body. Someone has hurt both of my parents and they won't tell me who, all find out one way or the other.

4