Chapter 5
26 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

After Dawn finished eating her fill she quickly said goodnight and ran off deeper into the cave. After taking the blade from the farthest part of the cave the other day it started getting warming in the cave the deeper you are. Everyone seems to be enjoying it right now and started sleeping in the deeper parts of the cave.

 

After stashing the rest of the bodying outside I quickly headed deeper into the cave and went to sleep.

 

..

 

.

 

After sleeping for a few hours I woke up in the middle of the night I have no idea why but I decided to go for a walk it's not like I can start a fire like mom or anything so there's no point in sitting in the dark cave.

 

I didn't feel like walking the normal way so i started walking to the right of the den just following the mountain side. There weren't really any places to go up the wall it was was pretty steep.

 

"I wonder if there's a way up on the other side?"

Looking up at the mountain side it was just barely blocking a quarter of the blue planet. Looking back I started walking around the side of the mountain. There's got to be some way to get up the mountain...

 

After a couple of minutes of walking I finally reached the other side of the mountain. It was a pretty steep mountain. It barely had anything on it.

There were only a couple of patches of trees spread out the mountain side but nothing too interesting. I slowly started my way up the side of the mountain slowly walking up the side of the mountain as I got closer to the top the more I could see the land around me. The closer I got to the peak of the mountain the less trees I saw but they were soon replaced by small patches of snow.

They soon grew in large numbers until snow covered the whole peak of the mountain. Rather then it being cold up here it was pretty warm... almost comforting.

 

Looking off the side of the mountain I were pretty high. Man, I didn't think i had been walking for that long…

 

I continued walking up the mountain. The snow kept getting deeper and deeper until it was up around my knees. If it wasn't for my [Ice resistance] i don't think i could get this far. Looking up at the peak of the mountain it wasn't that far maybe a hundred feet to the top. After a couple more minutes I finally made it to the peak of the mountain.

 

Looking out over the sky it was brightly illuminated by the blue planet in the sky. Now that I think about it, those scars on the planet are always that big. Looking closer at the planet it seems like the scars are slowly making their way across the planet. It seems to be growing at a steady pace.

 

i wonder what's going on up there?

 

Looking off into the horizon it was pretty dark. It was too dark to see anything but the dense forest that surrounds the forest. But my attention was then again drawn to the surface of the large planet. It just looks so intriguing.

 

After a couple more minutes of studying the planet's surface a blinding light came over the horizon. It took a second for my eyes to re adjust.

My previous line of sight grew even more bringing to light a whole new land just past the forest. It seemed to be a large open field with a couple of rivers leading off into the edge of a lake. I'm too far away to see much more. But this mountain was just perfect to see the land around the forest.

 

Looking back up at the sky the previous planet now only faded in and out of view. I don't know why it fades during the day but shines so bright at night. Taking one last look and taking in the view from the mountain I slowly made my way back down the mountain side back down to the den.

 

..

 

.

 

It's been a few weeks since I climbed the mountain side. Everything has been progressing pretty smoothly around the Den. Winter and Dusk have been acting pretty strange for the last few days though. They keep insisting we hunt closer to the Den... But on another note after hunting in different spots the past few weeks I managed to get 3 new skills. There not to useful, but it will help.

*Ping

-[Echo Location]

-[Poison bite]

-[Water bullet]

                

 

It was pretty easy to get two of the three. [Echo location] was from a giant bat I found sleeping in a small cave entrance. It was pretty big around the size of a medium sized dog with the wing size of an eagle. It scared me when I first saw it. Luckily it was asleep and I quietly went inside the cave entrance. I quickly jumped up, closing my jaw on its head and pulling it down to the floor. Within a few seconds it was quickly dead. It was a pretty small cave only reaching around 10 feet underground and leading to a dead end. [Poison bite] was a bite harder.

 

I was wandering around first looking for boars when I tripped in a small hole in the floor. After getting a bit pissed I covered the hole in dirt then after a few seconds the hole erupted with a family of snakes. Luckily they were pretty small. picking them each up by the tail. I slammed there heads on the floor. They kept pouring from the hole one after the other.

It took a few minutes but I finally killed the last of them.

 

After eating two of the snake body's I brought the rest back to the den for the other to eat.

 

The hardest of my new skills to get was [Water bullet]. I needed to find a long range attack because I only had close combat skills. So I searched the forest for any type of monster that shoots or has a long range attack. After hours of hunting there was no luck until finally I came across a small body of water in the forest walking down to the water. I was then attacked by 4 jets of water. I only barely dodged the attack, falling face first into the water. I had to frantically leave the water and hide in the forest.

 

I had no idea what shot at me at that moment but I knew it was going to be hard to kill. That day I stayed and watched the water.

Multiple animals came up to the water but were not attacked. But as soon as a monster touches the water they are shot with a high powered water cannon blasting a hole through whatever it hits. Then falling forward into the water it quickly sinks into the water leaving no trace. The waters are not even red… what the hell.

 

For a few days I decided to watch the lakeside to see if I can figure out a way to kill whatever it was. On the third day something breached the water for a few hours. Laying still on the surface of the water. At first I thought it was a log floating in the water or something.

But its movements were too bazaar. It always seemed to stay in the center of the water never straying more than a few feet. Within a few hours it dived back down into the water.

 

It seems like it has to come back up eventually to take in air… so it can't stay under for ever. After watching it for a few more weeks I started to get down on its pattern. It tends to dive down for around two days then breaches for air for a couple of hours. But disguises itself as a floating log to not get picked off by other predators then dives back down.

 

Then just repeats the process for as far as I can tell

 

It's definitely a pain in the ass to hunt. But every time it uses that skill it just makes me want it more. I got a basic idea of how to deal with it but its a long shot…

 

After a couple hours of preparation I was finally ready to kill the thing hiding in the lake.

Hiding in the tree line I waited for it to breach to the surface of the water. Walking slowly out from the tree line its attention identity drew to me. The floating log quickly turned as if it was slowly following my movements. After getting within touching distance of the water I quickly used my [Iron coat] skill a large pulse of water came shooting out of the water within seconds.

 

I could hear the sound of my ribs cracking under the pressure. Pushing my paws deeper into the ground I tried my best to stand my ground. Pushing me back a few feet. Slowly the pressure died down until it was only to the power of a squirt gun. I could feel the shooting pain in my side there didn't feel like there was too much damage... I think

Getting as close as I can to the water edge. Jumping into the air using the [Leap] skill I quickly covered the distance to the middle of the water. Landing only a few feet from the “Log”. A sharp pain pulsed in my chest I guess I took a bit more damage then i thought.

 

Inching forward closer to the log. Quickly snapping my jaw down a loud muffled roar came from the water below me.

*Ding

-[Poison bite] was used in a critical location

                    

 

Three large tentacles erupted from the water frantically swinging in the air. Green veins soon chased up the tentacles stopping its movements. And eventually falling back into the water. One tentacle barley stretching on shore.

 

Quickly swimming back to the shore of the water and pulling myself out of the water. A large pain running through my ribs.

 

I finally did it...

3