Chapter 6 : A new Beast
31 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After laying next to the water for a while and trying to catch my breath. I could feel the pain shooting through my ribs as I rolled over pushing myself up from the floor, my legs shaking below me. I felt a lot heavier than before.

Shaking off some of the water I got a bit lighter but I still took my movements pretty slow. Slowly making my way to the tentacle that was sitting on the bank of the water.

 

Laying down next to the tentacle I started taking small bites i never really liked seafood. But got to do what I got to do. Biting down on a larger piece of the tentacle I quickly swallowed the meat.

 

Gross bleh.

 

Spitting a few times into the water. That tasted so…

*Ping

 

  • New Skill: [Water bullet lvl:1]
  • Minor healing of wounds

A Green circle suddenly drew on the floor. Soon after letters and symbols I've never seen before were being written inside the circle. After it finished a blinding green light beamed from the circle completely surrounded me.

 

Almost instantly after it disappeared. Standing up suddenly and taking a few steps back there was nothing…

 

Wait. The sharp pain from before is gone. it's more like a dull throbbing now…

 

I think people call it a magic circle... I've never seen one before well besides in games or anime in my past life. all have to look into it more later.

 

Looking at the sky it was pretty late in an hour or so it should be getting dark. I better start heading back. Looking over at the water only a small portion of the tentacle was laying out of the water.

 

I never did see how big you were did I…

 

Talking a few steps into the water I bit down on a larger piece of the tentacle digging my teeth in and I started pulling towards the water's edge. I pulled for what felt like half an hour but i could only pull up one of the tentacles the rest of the body must have gotten ripped off or something.

 

I started walking back home dragging the large tentacle behind me. It was pretty annoying dragging it through all the trees and such but I got home before night fall nonetheless.

 

Walking inside the cave I was greeted by Dawn who seemed pretty sleepy at the time she didn't even notice the large tentacle I was dragging behind me. I quickly put it with the rest of the stored food in the cave. There wasn't much, just a few scraps for the day before.

 

Now that I think about it how many days has it been since I got here?

Man, I really lost count. Maybe a month? No that doesn't sound right… hmm i guess it doesn't really matter.

 

After a few minutes of talking with Dawn. Winter and Dusk came out from the back of the cave and lit a small fire at the front of the den. All of us spent that night by the fire.

 

 

..

 

.

 

Days flew by and before I knew it I was almost the size of a adult wolf. My growth seems pretty abnormal for a wolf. I couldn't be any older than 2 month old maybe 3 for what I guess.

 

Since I killed that water monster everything in the forest has been progressing very slowly. There doesn't seem to be any new monsters. Only the ones I've already hunted.

 

That said, I really haven't gained any new skills ether.

 

“Fang!”

 

Dawns shout encoded through the cave. Walking out from inside the cave Dawn was sitting with Winter and Dusk her tail beating the bushes around it.

 

“Hurry up, hurry up!”

 

Standing up she quickly paced in a circle. Winter Biting at the back of her neck.

 

“Calm down.” Winter's voice was calm but cold.

 

Dawn quickly sat down, her ears pushed back and looked back over at Winter with a pout.

 

“It's fine mom let her get excited. It's her first hunt and all.” Walking outside then Den and sitting next to them.

 

Dawn has been so excited to go for the past week. She was practically bouncing off the den walls. She normally has to sit inside the cave with whoever isn't hunting. I bet it gets pretty boring.

 

After Winter and Dusk finished giving her the talk she went off into the woods. After a few minutes I followed a bit behind her to making sure that she didn't notice me.

 

Winter, Dusk and I decided the night before that I would be following her while she's hunting to keep her safe. I really only need to show up if she runs into trouble but with the animals around here i think she should be fine as long as she stays away from the water.

 

It's pretty far from the den so i don't think she'll go over there anyway. After a couple of minutes I caught up with her. She got pretty far into the forest for her first time.

I stayed a good 40 feet back hiding in the tree line and bushes to make sure I'm out of her sight. Lucky there's no wind today or she might have caught my sent.

 

After following her for a couple of minutes she finally found a pair of tracks. Staying back after she followed the tracks and I quickly ran over to take a peek at the tracks. There was nothing unusual about the tracks, just a lone boar print, Heading off to the left of the den.

 

Hopefully she can handle it herself.

 

I quickly started following the tracks for how old Dawn was. She was pretty fast.

 

Within a few minutes I caught up with her. Hiding in the brush and keeping my distance tailing behind her.

 

Within a few minutes she slowly started to slow down. Hiding behind one of the trees she started to look around.

 

*Oink!

 

A loud squeal erupted from the tree line. The smell of iron filled the air. But something was wrong. I could clearly see Dawn hiding behind some trees. So if she didn't do it what did...

Trying to stay out of Dawn sight I quickly moved through the first towards the noise. I quickly found myself at the edge of a small clearing. Wanting to stay hidden I ducked into the bushes in the tree line and started walking the perimeter of the field.

After a minute or two of walking I came across a large blood stain in the grass. It looked more like a one sided murder then a fight… looking closer at the ground there were small gashes dug out from the earth.

They were very clean as if someone cut right through with some sort of blade. Walking a few feet from the blood stained grass there were three sets of tracks each a bit strange…

Each of the steps is staggered as if they were injured. Their steps were very short but left only small imprints on the ground.

They'll disappear soon leaving no trace...

The most exciting thing about it though… They walk on two legs that means it's not just monsters around here.

3