Chapter 7: Fallen flower
33 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I can't really find them for now… I have to watch Dawn. Speaking of which, where did she go?

Running around the area for a couple of minutes I still couldn't find her. I was really worried something might have happened. But I finally came across her heading back to the den.

 

Walking up behind her quietly.

 

“Boo”

 

Dropping the horned rabbit from her mouth and jumping back a few feet she stared back at me showing her brilliantly stained teeth.

 

“Hey calm down…”

 

After a few seconds she finally realized who i was and her mood shifted quickly. Tackling me to the floor she quickly stood back up and excitedly grabbed the horned rabbit.

 

“Mhook mwat i gwat!” (Look what I got!)

 

Holding up the medium sized horned rabbit between her jaws.

 

“Good job. Mom and Dad will be very excited.”

 

Her tail started to swing frantically. She seemed pretty happy about it.

 

“Head back to the Den tell mom and dad all be back by dark for me.”

 

“But I caught dinner tonight.”

Jestering over to the horned rabbit. Her tail quickly sunk between her legs.

 

“Don't worry all be back before dinner” licking the lick of her face I quickly sent her off in the direction of the Den. Then I ran back over to the spot I found the footprints. I have to find them before dinner or else Dawns is going to be upset…

*Ping

  • New quest Line started.
  • New quest given.

 

*Ding

    ~Find the disturbance in the forest~

 

~ A new race has entered the forest. Find the location of there camp before nightfall!

 

- Rewards: ???

Failure: Random punishment.

 

 

I started picking up the pace. A shiver ran down my spine just thinking what the punishment could be. If I got powers from the devil I wonder how bad it is to fail…

 

After a couple of minutes I finally made my way back to the clearing. The previous fresh blood now laid dry and cracked. The few slashes that clustered around the area were rather precise. I couldn't think of any weapon that could make that type of cut in the ground. So it must be some kind of magic…right? All need to be on guard.

 

After following the prints I saw previously. They lead deeper into the forest off behind the den into the densely packed forest. After following them for a few minutes their steps seemed to speed up almost until they were running. For how injured they seem there moving pretty fast but there were no other tracks besides their own. I quickly followed there trail.

 

 

..

 

.

 

After running through the forest for a few minutes the prints seemed to slow down…

 

*Sniff

 

The Dull smell of iron hit the air soon after followed by the sting of fire smoke. Following the smell I walked farther into the forest there tracks still beneath me as I walked. The trees of the forest slowly changed from Aerie black trees that I was used to around the den... to a more Lively type of tree. Its trunk was black much like the other trees that filled the forest but the branches stemming off of the tree were pure white… standing at each end of the branches were millions of blood red pedals.

 

Looking up at the beautiful pedals splotches of the setting sun passed through. I better hurry this up so I can head… wait where was I gonna go again? I can't seem to remember…

 

A splitting headache ran through my head sending me to the floor. Excruciating pain run through my head.

*Ding

  • [Elven blood magic] has been cast on Host. Emergency Purification cast.
  • Initiating... 95% success (side effect: Immense stimulation on brain)

I could barely read the screen...

My brain started throbbing as I stared at the screen. After a few seconds I was slowly able to stand up again. I could still feel the dull pain racing through my head but it slowly started to fade.

 

Lucky the system saved me or else I would have been a goner. But I wonder why it only saved me now… I've been in some pretty shitty moments…

 

The faint blue screen sat still in front of my face. For what felt like a few minutes I stared at the blue screen just looking for some sort of answer but nothing.

 

There had to be something…

 

Inspection lvl 1…

 

*Ding

  (Elven blood magic #087)

 

  - [Hells Garden]

 

  • Sacrificing part of one self to the God of the forest and mutating the surrounding trees into Hell charm trees. Each tree is able to produce a gas type Substance when inhaled causing forgetfulness and Failure in the nervous system while reversing the blood in the body and slowly suffocating the central organs until victim has been rendered unconscious, then proceeds to be used as fertilizer.    

 

  • Does not affect caster or people chosen by caster .Created by *******

 

Well At least I got something… Staring past the blue screen the red trees still stood silently within a few feet of me. I quickly jumped back hiding back in the large black trees.

 

I don't know how far the effects of the trees reach…

 

The sun soon started to set slowly moving below the tree line. I better find a way around this soon.

 

Looking around the trees they gave off a faint glow flickered on and off dancing around each tree's pedal pulsing.as if burning light embers of a once raging fire. Looking around It seems to be distorting the area around it by a few feet. Why'd I not notice it sooner. Taking a few steps toward the tree the once obvious signs of area distortion were gone. Taking a few steps back I could see the area diction once again.

 

How am I gonna get past them…?

 

Let's take a looks at my skills maybe I can figure something out.

 

[Status]...

*Ping

Name: Fang Lvl:5 Title: Ice Prince

Gender: Male Race: Unique Wolf

 

Skill: -Wolf Language: lvl 4- -Absorption: lvl Unknown-

-Leap: lvl 3- -Escape:lvl 1- -Iron coat : lvl 2-

-Charge: lvl 1- -Echolocation: lvl 1- -Poison bite: lvl 1-

-Water bullet: lvl 1- -Space magic: lvl 1- -Inspection: lvl 1-

-Ice magic: lvl 2- -Ice resistance: lvl Unknown- -Ice domain control: Lvl 1-

 

Well I can think of two plans so far ones really risky and one gonna be safe but its gonna take some time…

 

Looking up at the sky the sun was just barely visible through the trees. I only have around an hour. Damnit.

 

Taking a few deep breaths I quickly ran towards the tree within a few seconds. I was right next to the tree. Opening my mouth.

*Ping

~Emergency system is refilling stored mana: 2 hours and 36 minutes

 

Shit there goes the back up plan...

A burning sensation filled my mouth and started running through my body every inch of my body began to burn. With all the strength in my body I painfully threw my body onto the trunk of the tree. Biting down on the tree's bark I started chewing it slowly.

 

My body was no longer listening to me. it quickly tried to spit out the bark. With all my will I sunk my front teeth down on my tongue forcing my body to swallow the bark. My vain and bones felt like they were bursting and shattering one after the other. Closing my eyes, my vision started to blur.

*Ping

 

[Demon poison immunity acquired] [Force evolve & mutation]

 

[Demon magic acquired] [Poison spores]

 

..

 

.

How are you guys liking it so far? ( more will be out soon!)
  • Yes Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe so Votes: 1 16.7%
Total voters: 6
3