Chapter 8: Territorial?
32 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 All I could see was black… My body was so hot it felt like each one of my vain became a raging fire. burning my body from the inside out.

My body screamed in pain.

A cool breezy filled inside my chest pulsing steadily. Each pulse gets strong and stronger. The once cool breeze soon shifted into a Icy bone chilling wind turning through my chest spreading faster by each second extinguishing the burning through my body.

 

A bright light pushed through the dark. My eyes slowly started opening up, turns out I rammed my head straight into the floor because my mouth was full of dirt.

 

*Spits out a mouth full of dirt.

 

I could still feel the cold pulse in my chest opposite from my heart… it's a rather odd feeling. It's like I have a whole nother heart…

 

I was ignoring it until now but what's the screen have say?

 

It's not like I could see the screen or anything. I just had a throbbing feeling in the back of my head like it can tell me something. Within that second the Bright blue screen flashed before my eyes.

But damn was it was bright.

 

After my vision finally adjusted to the light I was finally able to get a good look at the screen.

 

*Ping

~ Due to [Demon Poison immunity] all poison inside the host has been neutralized.

 

~ Demon mana has been detected inside the body…

 

~ Create a Demon internal system… [Second heart] successfully created.

 

(Achievement Unlocked: “ONE OF US!”)

                - Reward: [Demon Transformation skill book]

 

It sounds cool and all but i have no idea how to use it… How’d I used that skill last time?...

 

[Inspection]...

 

*Ding

~Due to your high affinity with demons detailed information has been given.

[Demon Transformation skill book]

 

  • A advanced skilled book with secret techniques from the demon kind; Only given to those with high status due to its danger.
  • A Skill when practiced to its highest level is able to create a new body for the host to switch between effectively Lengthening one's life span.
  • Must follow the Instruction to the letter or else your body will have a backlash.

 

~When practiced and completed once, Basic level skills will be given. Each level is as follows.

 

  • Level 1: [Illusionist] [Aura Manipulation]
  • Level 2: [Bone manipulation] [vain manipulation]
  • Level 3: [Soul transfer] [Body Modification magic]

 

  Holy shit this sounds super creepy… but it does sound useful. Wait wait i don't have time for this i have to find those god damn people before night fall. Quickly I started raining through the forest of demon trees with the new [Demon poison immunity] skill I won't need to worry about them. Luckily I could still smell that meat from earlier and it was leading me right to them. After a couple of minutes I came to the a large man made opening in the middle of the demon trees.

 

I didn't want to be noticed so I just stayed in the tree line. Looking out into the field there were quite a few dark trees cut down. They must have cut them down before the demon trees were here… walking along the edge of the clearing for a second I came to what I guess you could call a base camp. It was a small wooden cabin tucked between some trees next closest to the clearing. Sitting out in front of the building was a large fire pit with a Skiward pig roasting on top.

 

*Ping

~ Quest cleared: Find the disturbance in the forest.

 

  Reward: Level up & [Kings Domain] quest line has been given.

 

  Well I guess I finished what I came here to do… I think I should head back for now. All have to come back tomorrow. I quickly ran through the forest leaving the orchard of demon trees back into the darken forest that surrounds the den. Within a couple of minutes I was home. I made it.

 

After walking inside then I was greeted by Dawn who hurled herself at me sending me to the floor.

 

“Mom and dad were so happy. Just like you said.” Her tail beating furiously. Pushing her off me I rolled to my feet.

 

“I told you they would. Speaking of which, where are they?”

 

Within a second or two a low growl was heard from deeper in the cave. Winter and Dusk slowly stepped out from the darkness of the cave.

 

“Man I'm hungry you can probably hear my stomach from the other side of the forest.” Dusk's deep voice echoed through the cave.

 

Looks like he's in a good mood. I guess i should find time to tell him about the base camp a couples miles away. Now that I think about it I never look at the new quest.

 

Pulling the blue screen and scrolling through the notification.

...

[Kings Domain Part: 1 ]

 

~ Complete quest within a 2 week period of else eminent failure.

 

~To Complete to quest:

 

                   - Claim your own territory.

 

  Reward: ???

 

  Failure: 3 weeks in the 1 level of Hell.

Damnit. How come I can only know what happens when I fai.. “FANG!!!!” Coming back to reality i got way to deep in thought.

Dawn shouted straight into my ear. I guess it's what I get for spacing off. All have to figure out that quest later.

 

“Sorry I was spacing off. What's up?”

“It's fine. Come help me set the fire pit. It's too dirty.”

 

Walking over to the faire pit it was covered in old coals and left over ash from the last fire. It only took a few seconds to clean up. So I quickly put a few sticks in the fire pit. And it was ready to go.

 

After stepping back and looking at Dawn she was slowly trying to start the fire. Holding a small metal rod between her teeth she scratched it against a rock sending sparks shooting into the dry firewood. It's not like moms are always going to start them for us. So we have been practicing each night on starting fires. I don't really understand why she won't touch the fire pit when it's dirty and all but will gladly murder the hell outta a rabbit. She's such a weird girl.

 

It really did surprise me when dad taught us how to make fire. It's not like I've never seen it before. It's just I never thought I'd see a wolf using making fire like that. At first I was even stunned at the thought of wolves using fire at all. But i gradually got used to it.

 

I've been through so much sense I've been here… I can't believe it.

That Night we celebrated Dawn's first kill. She really seemed happy about it but in the end she was Exhausted. She quickly went to sleep after an hour or so later. Winter soon followed her to bed leaving Dusk and I sitting by the fire....

 

“Dad today I found tracks of something in the forest…”

 

“Oh and what were they? Large boar? Another wolf?” Leaning close to me.

 

“It walked on two legs.”

 

He didn't say much for a bit after that. We both just stared deeply at the dancing flames of the fire.

 

“...How many are there?”

 

“Two and they seem injured…”

 

Turning his head he looked out the entrance of the cave as if he was looking for something. He stayed like that for a few minutes before he stood up and walked towards the back of the cave. He paused inches before leaving my line of sight.

 

“...Can you take care of them?”

 

“...Yes”

 

“Then I leave it to you… oh one more thing.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Be careful.”

He Quickly stepped into the shadows of the cave disappearing from my line of sight. Leaving me alone sitting by the enchanting flames.

 

..

 

.

 

4