Chapter 13
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Mearie was standing at my side silently watching looking over at the young boy it felt so… familiar… but i couldn't put my finger on it. Moving my attention over at the man who slowly walked to pick up the sword he threw to the side. I never did ask him his name.

I wonder…

 

[Inspection]

 

*Ping

~ Alex Glutton Lvl 22

 

Age: 24 Gender: Male

Race: Human Title: Wandering swordsman

 

-Bound under Demon contract.

 

Skills: Mana manipulation, Swordsmanship(Hermit style), Hand to hand combat, Danger sense, Body strengthening magic, Pain tolerance

 

Hm doesn't it only work because he's under contract? And hermit style swordsmanship? Why is that the only detailed part?

 

Looking down at my side mearie stood silently holding my fur in her small hand, Staring at her friend. Who silently wept over the loss of a loved one.

They were a very sad group… But I was no better.

 

[Inspection]...

 

~ Name: Mearie Amy lvl 7

Race: High Elf Title: spirit contracted

Staus: Stressed,Injured(severed limb)

...

~ Name: Brue Far lvl 3

Race: Human Title: Orphan,??

Status:Distraught,

 

Oh come on, that's a little harsh...man~

 

*Ping

 

Well it's not like it's false?

 

Yeah, you're right…

 

Looking down at mearie I slightly nudged her with my arm to get her attention,

 

“Mearie get your thing you'll be staying with me”

 

She silently nodded her head in agreement before paused briefly for a second and looking over at the cabin. She quickly ran over grabbing the shirt of the younger boy. He started to restate at first before she said something to him… I'm not quite sure what she said, But after he didn't fight much. I didn't even notice before but he had stopped crying a bit ago and was just sitting there quietly. She slowly started walking over with him towards me.

 

“Ready.'' I could barely hear her quiet voice.

 

I wasn't even planning on bringing one kid let alone two… how'd I end up with two…

 

*Ping

Are you sure everyone will be okay with it?

 

All figure it out, and sides it means Winter will have a few friends. She’ll be happy about it… I think.

 

Looking over into the field Alex had gathered the bodies of the two dead humans at the edge of the tree line. And was resting on both his knees with his hand together in front of him.

...Must be some sorta custom.

I was planning on wiping this place clean before that priest got back…

 

“Hey Alex, come here.”

 

Turning around he hurried across the field.

 

“Yea what can I do for you…?”

 

Shit, I forgot I never asked him for his name….. Well it doesn't matter

 

“Take the kids on the other side of the cabin I'm going to… clean up.”

Looking over at the two slumpled over body's. A confused look struck his face but he didn't hesitate grabbing both kids and he hurried off behind the cabin.

Rushing over to the two body's across the field I quickly started eating as fast as I could. I was astonished that I was finished within a minute or two… once more nothing was left bones included.

Hey, what was that?

 

*Ping

 

Have you never used your absorption to its full ability?

Well your compared to others your is on completely norther level, But even level 3 absorption should be able to digest bones to some extent.

 

Oh here's your new skills by the way…

 

The screen quickly flashed before spitting out the list of skills on the screen.

 

- Skills acquired: Archery(Splitting-leaf) lvl 1 ,Swordsmanship(Crow-style) lvl 1 ,Hand to hand combat(Black hand) lvl 1

 

Man what's with all the weird names… Does that mean there's different types of skills?...

 

Wait… I'm not human, I don't even have thumbs. I cant shoot a bow let alone hold a sword… well maybe if I use my teeth I could at least hold a sword but… Wait, that's not the point, I can't use these skills.

*Ping

 

Oh well you'll figure something out.... ツ

 

I guess you're right…

 

Grabbing the sword with my teeth by the hilt I quickly dragged it into the bushes. Throwing the cross bow next to it soon after.

I don't think its a good idea to leave them here, But what else do I do eat it ha.

Looking up at the sky it was around mid-day. I guess it shouldn't take too long to get back to the Den. Walking over towards the old house I looked over my shoulder one last time just to be sure I cleaned up everything.

 

“Alright, you can bring them out.”

 

Both Meaire and Brue came running from behind the cabin, both breathing heavily. Alex quickly followed walking slowly dragging his sword behind him without a sound. Meaire was the first to reach me. Quickly latching onto my mana surrounding me. Stumbling behind her was Brue who seemed in a bit better of a mood than before.

 

“What were you two up to?” Looking down at meaire as she slowly regained her breath.

 

“Brue looked upset so Alex said we should play tag until you get back.” pointing over at Alex who slightly smiled before quickly looking off to the side.

 

For how young he was he really reminded me of an old man… Now that I think about it.

 

“Hey Alex, Where are you guys considered strong for humans?”

 

Scratching his head for a second. He shouted back.

“Well I'm only an E rank while the other two were around D i think, The priest on the other hand i'm not quite sure... We were hired as mercenaries for the church we only all met this morning... All together we were around a C rank party with the priest I would say though.”

 

I wonder how strong real deal knights are… What happens if they come to the forest...

 

“Huh alright, What rank would you put me at?”

 

Putting his hand to the back of his head he gave me one long stare

 

“Well we list Demons on different levels. It goes Demon soldier, Wondering Demons, Demon knights, Demon Generals, Royal guards, Demon lords and finally the demon kings. Most people can only hunt up three Demon soldiers by themselves ,and they're pretty strong as is… anything higher than most normal people hunt in parties… I'm guessing around a Wandering Demon? “

 

Damn… all the demons around this forest must be Demon soldiers then. I wonder where Dawn or Winter sit?

 

Wait no time for that we better get back to the Den…

 

I had Alex Put both the kids on my back before we started off. I thought it would be faster. After around an hour or two of walking through the woods we finally reached the den… time to get this over with.

 

 

..

 

.

1