Chapter 14
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

..

He stumbled at first but after he saw how interested everyone was, it seems he got more comfortable. From details about the nearby village or old myths and stories spread around about the area. 

  It would have taken quite a long time to gather this much intel about the human world. But with Alex working under us it will be much faster. he sounded more of a story teller then a proper warrior now that I think about it... From the details surrounding towns and such it seems that this place is very heavily reliant on swords and magic… Not even the most basic circuits or AI are made here. 

  We'll have to look into it another time... For what I've been told most humans follow either go three ways 1. Mercenary, 2. Clans or 3. Serving under a King, As a noble or Knight. While there are who stray from the normal path such as priests who follow the church and a few others. The town nearby is mostly populated by citizens and Knights serving a nearby king. Only recently has there been a mercenary outpost there. That's where Alex received the job to kill a Demon Elf, Along with two other men they met up at the forest edge, Where the priest was said to be the employer leading them deep into the "Rotwood forest."

Rotwood forest… I finally have a location. Looking over at Dawn and Winter they seemed just as surprised.

“Alex, Why’s it called Rotwood?”

“Ah well, whenever the forest’s wood was cut down and used to build houses or burned they would start smelling like rotting corpses. So we Don't use the food or most resources that grow from the forest here.”

  Looking over at Winter and Dawn they both seemed pretty confused. All three of us have pretty strong noses but we never noticed? Without delay Alex began talking about different stories and tales he heard. 

Of the various stories he told there was nothing ever spoken of as a “God of Creation.” instead of there's quite a large quantity of names varying from the goddess Nafi of Light or Kai the god of earth magic. There seems to be plenty of “gods and demons” here. But the names never seemed to line up with what I've been told up until now… 

  While there were a few basic rumors of miracles created by gods or priests healing people in the name of a god. There were a few stories that caught my attention. Like the downfall of the Demon army and its bloody ruler or the tale of the forgotten gods. They just seem a little… off.

...

..

.

Mearie, Alex and Brue didn't take nearly as long to get settled within the night, Mearie and Brue were sleeping comfortably next to winter and Dawn, While Alex and Dusk were having a chat sitting around the fire at the front of the den.

I decided to go for a walk up the mountain again… I just couldn’t stop thinking about those stories… They were just so different from what I've been told so far…

~ Demon army's downfall. 

  The war between the two races has gone on for so long there practically no one remembers the real reason… It's just like adding fuel to the fire, No one remembered who attacked who first. Both sides desperately wanted to win the war, sending a massive army to each other until finally they both had enough, sending out all of their troops they came to an all out war in the center of the realm… it was a massacre thousands of humans, gods, demons and beasts all died to protect their territories along with their leaders. In the end it took the effort of all 60 gods accompanied by servant priests at the time to kill the demon king, Forcing all demons and anything alike to go into hiding creating a whole new type of war zone… With no leader the demons and beast Roamed the realm freely creating new territory and trying to reclaim the throne of the fallen demon king. 

Sense then it's been a bloody feud between humans and the demon kind, some places have learned to live with demon folk but not many most are shunned or even killed.

  Kicking a bit of snow beneath my feet I started walking faster up the top of the hill.

Why'd everyone have to fight in the first place… who cares about land there should be plenty…

  As I got closer to the peak of the mountain I was deep in thought so much that I hadn't realized it had started snowing again… Standing at the peak of the mountain I started staring off at the edge of the first line. 

“Why don't we just leave each other alone… or at least live together?”

Sitting atop the mountain I deeply stared off into the stars that night. Almost all of them were new to me… it really is a new place. I decided to name a couple while I was lost in thought... "Ox, fox Snake... the fallen soldier" These were just a couple I connected that night. For a couple hours I thought about everything…

By the time I finished it was almost morning but the snow hadn't let up at all. But that didn't matter; it felt warm… comforting. Standing up I moved slowly down the icy mountain separating the snowy banks as I walked. When I finally reached the bottom of the hill the sun was just barely reaching above the treetops.

*Ping

Ice domain has gained enlightenment, After gaining acknowledgment from Icy spirits… [Ice Domain Control: Lvl 3]
0