Chapter 19
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

... Suddenly silence

  The familiar sound of boots walking down a hallway? A large wooden door suddenly started to creek When suddenly, a bright bar of light filled the room blinded me. I had to immediately close my eyes.

Well that solves the issue of if I had my eyes open. But where the hell am I? Slowly peeking my eyes open I was greeted by a quite familiar face. A single white haired woman dressed in a pitch black ballroom gown maybe her mid thirties, Her heels sleek and blackened splotches of red.. Paint? Dotted Her dress faded but still noticeable.

  “Welcome, Seeing as you're a high devil, I thought I should bring you to my husband's home… he doesn't have many visitors. This is the 99999th hall in the underworld. Containing my husband's throne room and travel chambers as well as our sleeping quarters."

She’s the old man's wife?... He had a wife?

  Shuffling her feet she Shakely walked her way to me before dropping to one knee without a second thought. I quickly motioned to her pushing my head though her arm and quickly moving through the open door.

  ~Even if it's a trap they know about the old man.

  After making it out of the door I was surprisingly greeted by a rather normal looking living room filled with a sofa as well as a coffee table and even a small tv mounted to the wall? Looking at the walls there were a couple more shut doors leading to possibly other rooms of a house?

*cough cough

Pushing her hand up to her mouth she spoke if a rather soft tone.

“While I'm not very good at magic, unlike my husband I have my blood circles. It just takes a lot of stamina, I will be better tonight.” slowly motioning she stood to her feet.

“Please make yourself at home, My husband should be back from the 88th floor soon.”

“Thank you, Try to get some rest before he comes back.” nodding she quickly turned and moved into a nearby room.

  Moving slowly I moved to the side of the couch and laid down and slowly closed my eyes… maybe all will wake up somewhere else again?

Before I knew it I must have fallen asleep because I was quietly woken by the old man who was peacefully sitting on the couch next to me slowly stroking my back.

Was I a dog in his eyes?

  Stretching my legs and yawning he slowly moved his hand back to his lap before resting his other on his cane which sat next to him on the couch.

“You were more than welcome to sit on the couch, Fang.” His tone was quite soft this time, more like the old man I first met on the streets then the one I talked to previously.

“And sorry about dragging you here, my wife really wanted to meet you and you just became a high devil so you can finally come to the demon nest.” stretching his arms out wide then quietly looking down at me.

  “It's just a safe place I… I mean a few demons created. You have your own territory and permissions here but were not allowed in other territories without an invitation… no fighting is allowed you can fight outside in a different realm.”

“Since when did I become a high devil?”

“Well you got the skill, now you even grew the horns.” gesturing at my head rolling my eyes as far as I could I still couldn't see anything.

*Snap

  A small hand held mirror suddenly appeared out of thin air. Looking at my reflection I really did have horns. Right next to my ears they grew about four inches up just about matching my ears…

“Since when did they get here???”

  Blinking a couple times I looked at the mirror again.

Had Winter seen them?

*Creek.

Suddenly one of the doors suddenly flung open. The old man quickly got to his feet and slowly made his way over before turning around and waving his hands a couple times to follow. Quickly standing up I followed him through the door. After walking through the door, the space completely changed. Now I was outside in a large open field, and his wife was quietly sitting on a large blanket patiently waiting. Slowly the old man made his way to the blanket before steadily sitting down.

  Quietly walking over I laid on the blanket basking in the sunlight while the old and his wife quietly chatted. With another snap of his fingers a small wooden basket appeared in the middle of the blanket, Between the three of us.

How long was I going to be here?

  Bending over The old man's wife slowly reached inside the wooden container and pulled out three sandwiches and a couple bottles of water. Slowly she pushed a pair my way before handing one to the old man. She smiled slightly and began to open her own. Looking over, the old man grabbed my bottled water and snapped his fingers once again. In that instant a small bowl appeared out of thin air hovering just barely above his other hand. Cracking the bottle he quickly poured the bottles contents into the bowl before placing it in front of me.

“Thanks. “

  Nodding my head I began to drink small portions of the water. Nothing was odd at all. Well besides randomly waking up here… now that I think about it?

Anki, can you hear my thoughts?

The blue screen slowly flickered into view before slowly flickering out. There was no sound? The blue screen quickly flashed once more and I could barely make out anything on the message.

*Ping

“Bod# ## #### f#r #ow, Soul….”

So, it was something with my soul? Did they just pull my soul? That's not what the old man normally does… and since when did he get a wife?

“Hey old man, why haven't you ever told me about your wife before?”

He stood silent for a second. A small gin grew from ear two ear, turning his head so he sat face to face with me, A blue shine glossed over his eyes before quickly fading to black… his eyes?

“..You never asked.. Yeah”

..

.

0