Dangers on the road
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Uh... Semi-detailed description of road accident – lightning strike combo, then the surgery afterwards ahead. Proceed with caution, or smth.

The end of IT came abruptly, and I reluctantly left the 2048 game I was coding to go back to homeroom for the history class. After that is geography, then citizen ed which I endearingly called "propaganda parroting class, and politics". Not sure why it's mandatory other than ensuring loyalty to the country, since the politics just went over our head, which to be honest didn't work at all on me and instead kinda had the opposite effect.

Finally, finally, classes ended. I felt like when I woke up at 6:30 after falling asleep at 2 a.m., so to say, sleepy as hell, my entire body felt like it had been petrified, my mind even more chaotic than usual, and my motivation was at rock-center-of-the-earth. The trip home felt so, so far; and I was thinking about laying down on the table (we have joined tables, 2-4 can sit comfortably) for a quick nap. But I pulled myself together and went to get my bike, mainly just because my phone was about to die, and I'm not one to let it do so except on accident. That day they was trimming all the tree in the school, probably because of the incident the day before.

I was just about to leave the gate when a pigeon nearby took off and almost hit me in the face.

'What's this? Two bad days in a row?'

I got to the street and, would you know it, got grazed by a car coming from behind. It was slow, though, so I'm fine. The problems started after I passed the first crossroad from the school. There were no rain clouds, but a multitude of lightning bolts struck the canopy of the trees around me, quite frequently, I must say, around two every five seconds.

'Right, there was that extreme solar flare today, they said it'd be strong enough to ionize the upper atmosphere. Should'verewatchedthenewsOverhearditthroughthewallwhenIwasinmyroom.'1Long wording, but both of the thoughts was instant.

My heart rate spiked from the first bolt, but the constant sound got drowned soon enough when burning branches started falling. I almost got hit by one, so I increased my pedalling speed.

It was a poor choice.

I don't know how or when, but a bolt struck one of the traffic light on the next intersection, and since everyone was trying to hurry, no one even cared to look both ways before zooming through. Once again I got scraped by a car going perpendicular to me.

'What's with me these days?'

I entered a semi-meditative state to regulate my oxygen intake while not impairing my perception of the surrounding, and pushed myself further, I even pulled my mask (I always get nervous about my face in public) down to increase the freshness of the air I breath. Just then, I felt my hair stood on ends, and quickly steered to the side to avoid a lightning strike. Even when I dodged the direct bolt, I still felt a tingling sensation.

'WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT? THERE ARE LITERALLY LIGHTNING RODS EVERYWHERE! WHY ME?'

"fuajdikarosu-heuh-hamisjusakeo-haoh-disnkaoejis-heuh-fosjiwom-haoh-paaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA!"

I was in a terrifying rush, and the section in control of speech in my brain just overloaded and DoSd' itself.

The last T-turn was right ahead, and my heart was beating so fast it started to hurt. Finally, I was in view of my apartment building. I waved my left hand to signal me turning left, and that was when it approached.

A gigantic truck, the heavy-duty kind, was right behind me, preparing to overtake me. The booming horn of it shook my mind, and I barely moved out of its' way before something jutting out of the side of the truck hit the hind wheel of my bike, and the handlebar went out of control.

I fell and spun almost 180 degrees, luckily to the right, but midfall, I noticed the car coming right behind me and the screeching sound of its' brake. All I could take a grip of from all the static noise in my mind was-

"MOTHER FU-"

And the collision. I felt extreme pressure from my left, unimaginable pain flared for a moment, spreading out to the rest of my body. Then a fucking lightning bolt struck the car, which in that instance was still touching me. Hundreds of million Volts of electricity flowed through the hull of the car, and by extension, me.

Pain.

It was so intense that my mind felt empty for once. I felt the car came to a stop, making me continue to fly foward and reunited with the street.

More pain.

At that point I couldn't perceive anything around me, dark spots appeared everywhere in my vision, and the usual ringing of blood flowing in my left ear stopped entirely, making me felt like I was suffocating, but for auditory signal. The dark spots grew as I felt my body twitch from the shock through an extremely muffled sense of touch.

The pain dulled, and blackness filled my vision, I was losing consciousness. The usual chaos returned as I felt my grip on my body slipped away.


 I opened my eyes to a blurry (not the kind of tears-in-your-eyes blurry, but rather more of a 3 dimensional equivalent of the glow effect in G*om*try D*sh, and seemed semi-solid) single colored room, looking most likely to be a operating theater as I saw blurry figures surrounding me, holding just as blurry surgery tools. The strangest thing was that, I was standing, or to be more specific, floating in the air above and to the side of the operating table with what I assumed to be my body on it.

Having read many stories on this topic, I had fantasized about having an out of body experience a lot, but seeing it for myself, it was... surreal.

Before my "eyes" was my own dying body, with doctors trying their best to pull me back from death. All of my senses other than sight is muffled to the extreme, then like the feeling of static when you stop resting your head on your arm, they came back, slowly. The blurriness of everything also slowly receded into a more solid form, but still very misty.

I watched - still blurrily - in muted horror with a pinch of excitement as my definitely mutilated body got sliced open to fix the fragmemted bone or something of similar nature, maybe sewing my ruptured organs back? Not sure how that work, but the foggy effect didn't help at all. The room was quiet aside from the very aural sound of tools clicking and heart pumping. They didn't, couldn't use a heart monitor because of the still statically charged air which would probably fry all the circuitry then my nervous system once it was plugged in. Come to think of it, they probably were using porcelain tools or something.

Makes me wonder how the lights were still on.

Otherwise how the hell were they gonna do an operation on me?

Anyhow, after floating around for an absurd ammount of time, one of the surgeons injected something, and I felt my consciousness drifting away.


I awoken.

No slowly fading in sounds of my family talking to me, nor any blackness of the underside of my eyelids.

I just snapped back.

Into the hazy, monocolor world of my anesthesia induced fever dream.

I was obviously in a different room, seeing how there were windows.

Except I couldn't even see through the glass.

Then, once again, like the static of old-school televisions, my everything came back.

Well, not really.

The blurry edges snapped into a solid surface, and the sounds sounded clearer. From there, I deducted that a doctor was telling my parents how I'm in a coma.

'Well shit.'

Always end with a punchline.

1