Chapter 9: Lily, just not Soul Weapons
592 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Lily's POV)

It has been three months since the first monster sighting, the news stopped trying to cover things up, everything is under control now, and we get to go to school again!

My parents took the whole me being a Magical Girl pretty well. They were only shocked at first, but after spending most of my time in girl form they came to accept it. I'm lucky that my parents are one of the more open-minded ones.

On the 1st of December, we'll be back to school again for end of term test. The school wanted to push it forward so we won't get interrupted by some rude monsters, and all the students are crying. Well, some said it's better to suffer first then enjoyments later, so okay.

.oOo.

Finally, the day has come! Well, I need to at least act like I'm trying to hide it like Spooder suggested.

After the contract, I feel like I'm more in shape. Well, not like I'm gaining any muscles, but like, reduced fat, and that's good since my appetite has also increased.

And so my clothes don't fit anymore, I have to wear my old ones.

.oOo.

School.

I never thought I would be excited to be here, but oh well.

Everyone's chatting.

I don't have anyone to talk to...

Hmm? Isn't that Dell in the school yard? We're in the same school?

She's wearing second year uniform, so I guess she's one year behind me.

Should I greet her? Probably not.

Ah, did I said that my hair band got upgraded to Spooder's hair ornament form?

Yes, I have long hair even when I'm a boy.

And yes, our school is a public school.

How was I even allowed to grow my hair this long?

Well, the school rules said "Keep your hair tidy", not "Boys must cut their hair short", so I exploited that.

*Dun!*

*Dun!*

*Dun!*

School drum.

Why are we still using this? You can afford 3 sets of uniform for 3 different years, super undersized vests that needs to be repurchased every year, and you save money by not turning on the ac even when it hits 35°C, and you can't even afford a bell?

Well, that means class is starting, better go back to class.

Maths, still overbearing as usual.

"Even if you're boosted by the Soul Energy, this is still too much for you? What kind of sorcery is this?" (Spooder)

I don't know, maybe the math teacher is a monster?

"That's not the case, I checked he- wait, that's a joke? You sounded so serious that I can't even tell!" (Spooder)

Yeah, hahaha.

"Mister D*BEEEEP*, please repeat what I've just said." (Math teacher)

Hoo, you're approaching me? Instead of keep teaching you decided to waste your time to check if I was paying attention?

I mean, I was on auto pilot all the time, so he remembered it for me.

Spare me...

Well, Soul Energy boost my mind, and so it can handle some more consciousness, so I developed a spell that let me have some more. I used some of my quirks as base to make them. Before, they were just filters, affecting my thoughts, but not actually talking to me, but now...

Let's just say I had to remove some of them for the sake of quiet in my mind.

Oh well, let's access the general memory library!

Ah, just to be clear, having multiple consciousness is good, I can think more at once, so no need to worry about my mental health.

.oOo.

Class has just ended, and no monster attacks near by are dangerous enough to be an emergency.

Yet.

...

I said Yet.

...

AHEM!

...

Yeah, my flag raising skill still su-

"ROOOAAAR!!!" (Big scary monster)

Oh, so that was the key word.

"All students and employees please remain calm and move to the bunker." (Announcement)

Well, Magical Girl time.

First, let's find somewhere empty.

.oOo.

"..." (D*BEEEEP*)

"..." (Dell)

"..." (Layla)

Layla is my classmate, what is she doing here? Wait, this is the only empty spot in the whole school, and a monster is attacking, AND she has a turtle shell pendant, that means...

"You're Guardian Lucy, Layla!?" (D*BEEEEP*)

"We're in the same school!?" (Dell)

"You two are Magical Girls!?" (Layla)

"For both of your questions, yes." (D*BEEEEP*)

"Yes... Wait, you know her?" (Dell)

"Oh god, my identity is leaked!" (Layla)

"That's what she said!" I say as I point at Dell.

"Why are you, a guy, get to be a Magical Girl? Well, I mean your hair is pretty long since 9th grade, but why?" (Layla)

*BOOOM*

"We'll talk about that later, the big guy is coming." I change into my Magical Girl form.

"Fine." Layla followed.

"Ah... Um... Okay!" Dell is the last to change.

*CRAAASH!*

A dragon perches before us.

Wait, isn't that...

"BOBBY?!" (Dell, Lily, Lucy)

31