Chapter 22: First Dungeon
195 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the initial shock of how long she has been in a coma, Derlene quickly calms down.

'Calm down, Darla- no, Derlene, wait...'

Her calm mind finally starts processing her new... old?... newly awakened memories and the situation she is currently in.

'Was the research on reincarnation back then correct? No, this is not the time to dwell on this, I need to find a way to help mom cheer up.'

She then suddenly realizes something.

'With Darla's experiences, wouldn't Dungeon crawling be easier?'

But with her only waking up recently (5 minutes ago), combine with the fact that Hunter is a dangerous job, she's not sure if her mother is going to let her be one.

'Now, I can only focus on recovering.'

.oOo.

After an year of recovery, another year of training her body back to shape while also asking for permission, her mother finally let her become a Hunter. This is the job that includes locating, raiding and clearing out the dungeons that can open anywhere before a Dungeon Break occurs. Think of it like that Korean novel, Loner Magic Conjurer.

Right now she is standing in front of her first ever dungeon, preparing to enter.

"Derlene, right?" A weak looking man asks. Although his body is untrained, his eyes seems like a veteran.

"R-Right." She is confused, she believes in her ability to read others, but this man... is he also a reincarnator? Or something else?

"You shouldn't push yourself too hard. If you see a red monkey, run."

"O-Okay?" He sounded extremely serious, it's almost like he knew the future. Craaazyyyy riiiiiight? While still having some doubts, she puts his warning in the middle of her mind anyways.

.o.

So far, this dungeon dive has been going well. There are no red monkeys in this dungeon, just goblins, endless goblins, neverending army of goblins. They are very swift and nimble, but in return their attacks are extremely weak, so weak that even with a sharp sword, they can only cut through around 3cm of unarmored skin and flesh. They are also very frail, a punch from an untrained person can already wound it and a trained fist can kill one instantly.

"Their ambushes are getting thinner. I think we can camp here for now, it's getting dark." The man leading the expedition team says. He's a buff mage whose speciality is water manipulation and a little bit of close quater combat.

The rest of the group consist of a shieldsman with a little healing magic, a magic archer with space magic, the guy at the entrance is a swordsman with a pinch of earth magic, and herself, who changed to a dagger since she was feeling uncomfortable with this world's swords, and wields shadow magic.

The combination of physical and magical role of each party member seems pretty contradicted, but that's what it is, people can't choose their affinities, so they came up with quite a creative library of combos.

..

The sound of fire crackling fills the camp site, small blue and yellow bioluminescence insects flickering adding to the ambience. She was sitting beside the fire, looking up at the sky through the leaves. The distance communications of goblins in the camps scattered throughout the forest dungeon, some of them sounded frantic, probably being attacked by other creatures, though none has been found since entering the dungeon.

A howl.

The sound of someone sitting up reaches her ears. The swordsman peeks out from his tent, looks around then approach her.

"It's here."

Confused, she asks.

"What?"

His eyes glow red as he uses his unique skill.

"The Red Monkey."

A loud roar washes throughout the forest, then comes silence.

Eerie silence.

7