Chapter 30: The Fire Nati- Koff- Monster Cluster attack
108 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...then it turned really bright for a moment, then total darkness. When I woke up, I'm already here." (Birb)

"Thank you for cooperating with us, you may rest now." (Detective No.1)

The detective leaves the room and walk down the hallways. He return to his office and starts sorting out the witness statements with his team.

"Alright, what do we got?" (Detective No.1)

"According to Kávouras, he sensed a disturbance below them before the first explosion went off, then the second one which, in his exact words, 'ripped open space itself instead of anything that already existing inside of it'. The site investigation team discovered medium strength individual or multiple weak monster SP remnant and dragon biological matter scattered throughout the system, meaning there was a dragon monster, or multiple drake monsters, together with the statements of the rest of the survivors, we can conclude that this was a trap set up by the monster colony. We're currently tracking the rest of the monsters down." (Detective No.2)

"Wait, repeat that part again?" (Detective No.1)

"We concluded that-" (Detective No.2)

"No no, the thing Kávouras said." (Detective No.1)

"Oh, the space ripping open thing? It's just an hallucination caused by brain damage from the explosion, nothing too serious." (Detective No.2)

"Hmm... Our military has discovered a way to do just that, don't you think the monsters have figured it out too?" (Detective No.1)

"The probability is very tiny, not considerable." (Detective No.2)

"If you say so. Still, I can't help but be wary of that possibility." (Detective No.1)

"Well how about that Prrot guy?" (Detective No.2)

"He's just another victim, we can cross him off the suspect list. Also, it's obvious by now that it's the work of the monsters, and he's no monster." (Detective No.1)

The rest of the meeting is spent creating an action plan to retaliate using this incident as an excuse to retaliate to the Monster Cluster.

.o.

(Birb's POV)

I am currently healing after what supposed to be my first mission with my squad turned monster scheme. My parents were extremely agitated to know that I got hurt during my first outing, but I managed to calm them down somehow. With my laptop, I look for any information relating to the wellbeing of my squadmates on the database and I was shocked.



MISSION REPORT

Content: Clearing monster colony at *insert coordinates here*

Result: Failure

Damage:

  • B: Comatose, 80% second degree burn, 5% third degree burn, multiple fractured bones
  • Cowboi: Missing
  • Kad: Internal bleeding, multiple fractured bones
  • Koshira: Missing
  • Kávouras: 5% first degree burn
  • Leo: 50% second degree burn, multiple cracks in bones
  • Monke: Missing
  • Prrot: 50% first degree burn, mild cracks in bones
  • Wanu: 65% second degree burn
  • Wuf: Mentally traumatized
  • Zincra: Missing


'What the hell? How come I'm the one with the least severe wounds? Well, save for Kávouras.' (Birb)

I get off my bed and walk to the door, where I was blocked by a nurse.

"Wait a moment, let me scan you." (Nurse)

After a few seconds, she continue speaking.

"Looks like your bones are almost all patched up. Would you like to call your family or visit your squad?" (Nurse)

"I'll go see my squad, preferably someone who can talk to me. I need to ask them something." (Birb)

"Let's go, I'll lead the way." (Nurse)

.o.

As I enter the room, I see Leo sitting up on her bed, casting covering several places of her body.

"Damn, already up and well huh?" (Leo)

"Yeah, somehow." (Birb)

"Why looking so down? Hannyah got your tongue? Ha ha ha ha." (Leo)

"...Have you seen the mission report?" (Birb)

"What's wrong?" Her voice quivers a little.

"Here." (Birb)

.o.

"..." (Leo)

"..." (Birb)

"Is this... real?" (Leo)

"...Yes..." (Birb)

"..." (Leo)

"Leo..." (Birb)

"Call me Julia. Tell me, Birb, how did you train your magic to be that powerful?" (Julia)

"I..." (Birb)

...don't know how to answer that question.

"*Alarm* The Monster Cluster has launched an attack at the edge of the galaxy, all available troops, assemble at the main deck immediately." (Announcer)

4