The Accident
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up early that Friday morning around 7 pm to help the twins finish packing for the trip. They were the last to be ready. The flight was at 8:30. Once everyone was ready, we got into Mom's van and she drove to the airport. It took a while to get through inspection but was still on time for the flight. When their flight ticket was called, I got a hug from the cute twins and my mom and big sister.

[Don't have too much fun with those girls]
My sister said before she walked ahead which I just rolled my eyes at. I told the twins to be good and gave them the last hug. I watch my family climb the stars to enter the plane from the window in the airport. I watched them get on the plane the twins holding their mother's hand inter the plane. I watched as they went to their seats on the plane. Their seats had widows so I waved at the the twins and they waved back. The plane was starting up followed by the families of the other passengers waving. Then I saw my mother give a beautiful motherly smile through the window of the plane.

BOOOOOOOOOM !!!!

The engine of the plane explode followed by the other engine followed by the rest of the plane.

I still had my hand In a waving position shocked at what I just witnessed. The smile of my mother I had just seen was swallowed by flames.

I just stood there in shock my brain couldn't process what my eyes saw. The plane was in flames just a look and even a fool can tell no one survived.

WHAT.HOW.WHY. My face showed different expressions my heart was pounding. The police and ambulance came there and were crying. I was lost in a world of my own my family I just had eaten with. That I had dinner with last night was gone just like that. It just didn't feel real to me how could it. How did this happen? I was upset, angry, and shocked.

I just stood there and watched as the firefighters put out the flames. That's when they announced that there were no survivors. I stood there for what seemed like 3 hours.
I waited there hoping they were wrong and found some survivors. Hoping that my family was injured by the flames but not dead. But that never happened with tears streaming down my face I could only walk away from the airport. Thinking why did this happen? Were we not good enough did we not pray enough was it something I did?

I just couldn't accept it my overprotective father my tomboy big sister my adore little sisters and my gentle mother.

[WHY WHY DID THIS HAPPEN WWWHHHYYYY?]
I couldn't help but yell at the sky I walked a full 4 hours from the airport. The scene of the fire engulfing my mother's smile played over and over in my head. Thinking of helping my mother cook and doing laundry. Help my little sisters with their homework and make them laugh with tickles when they get the right answer. The time dad showed me how to change a tire. That time my big sister forced me to go shopping with her and carry her bags.

The time she came home after taking her driver's test she was so happy. Memories that keep hitting me like a hammer as I walked home. The image of my family laughing and smiling last night came into my mind.

My face was wet with tears as I took my key to open my door. As I walk in I see a quiet lonely, deserted house. I walked to the bookshelf grabbing a photo album. Looking at memories of when we woke up on Christmas to open up gifts.
The time big sis got drunk and passed out on my bed. On the twin's birthday when we out to eat at a buffet.
I put down the photo album and walk around the house
I go to my parent's room there I find a picture of me and my siblings.

The room had a king-size bed with 2 dressers on the opposite side of the room it was really neat probably my mothers doing.
Then my big sisters and the twins just look at where they just were last night. It brought more tears to my eyes that the family I was laughing with just a few hours ago is gone.

I look out the window only to see darkness. I've been here drowning in my own misery all day. I slowly make my way to my bedroom to go tired bed physically and mentally tired. Doing my best to face reality I cry myself to sleep realizing my family is gone.

1